Duck Tales to Replace Agent P

I've never experienced the agent p game but is this something that is totally 100% on the phone? Is there any interaction with a human or looking at something that isn't a screen? I love the chip and dale scavenger hunt in world showcase during festival of the holidays but that's no phones involved - is this similar but just with a phone?

I've never experienced the agent p game but is this something that is totally 100% on the phone? Is there any interaction with a human or looking at something that isn't a screen? I love the chip and dale scavenger hunt in world showcase during festival of the holidays but that's no phones involved - is this similar but just with a phone?

Agent P and Kim Possible before it had interactions with physical props in each country. You do something on your phone and it would make things happen around you.

That's cool .. I never played the other ones, but I would guess they need to keep relevant to what shows are on the Disney Channel ... Phineas and Ferb have been gone for a few years (sadly) .. and replacing this scavenger hunt with Milo Murphy would just be disastrous! LOL

Personally .. as much as I like the concept of those scavenger hunts, I find it hard to find time for them while on a vacation with so much other stuff to do in the parks. We had to pretty much schedule an hour or so doing just one segment of Sorceror's of the Magic Kingdom in Adventureland.

Since a lot of our Disney vacations are with other family groups (or friends) .. taking the time to just walk a lot for these is not in the cards. Best for the immediate family vacations .. and on LONG vacations where you are spending multiple days in each park.

Agent P and Kim Possible before it had interactions with physical props in each country. You do something on your phone and it would make things happen around you.

Yes, to add, the game will play animated clips on the phone then you will be given a clue to a certain location. Once there, you use the phone to activate some kind of action or lights (like making the volcano erupt in Mexico). Sometimes too you may need to walk up to a cast member and use a pass phrase to get your next clue. They changed some elements up between Kim Possible and Agent P, so I assume there may be some differences in DuckTales too.

Last edited:
When will Agent P stop working?
Nothing wrong with Duck Tales, but I did enjoy Agent P, bummed to see it go. Never did get the pressed penny.

A friend and I tried the Agent P one time when we went. While the concept is great it seemed like it took way too long to actually get started. We went through so many clips and screens before the game got going in any manner it felt like we were just standing in the UK pavilion forever. Eventually we gave up on it as it felt like we were wasting time on our trip waiting for something. So I kind of hope this new one will be a little more streamlined for the experience.
Also still think it'd be nice for the 50th anniversary of the park to add in a new one that brings in some more history of the park and have it be focused around Figment. It could be call Imagi-Nations.

Agent P was pretty fun for a stroll around WS. My kid enjoyed it. The dialog was a bit lengthy but some nice thoughts went into the design.

Any timeline for the switch? Not being incredibly tech savvy, can they make the switch from one program to another without much downtime?

It will depend on how many props they change. For the switch from Kim Possible to Agent P they kept many of the effects that weren't story specific, but a few of them involved characters from KP and thus were changed or eliminated. I imagine with will be the same for Agent P though I don't know how many props are story specific (honestly the only one I can remember from KP was the "Bebe" that came out of the rack in Mitsukoshi - that was eliminated for Agent P entirely as the store was remodeled a bit too).

My kids at about 8-10 adored Kim Possible and still talk about it as a fond memory 10 years later. One of my DD18's favourite Disney memories.

And a PP is right - it is great for more relaxed trips with more time. It is a great way to keep kids 6-12 occupied as you walk around World Showcase. And something different that you don't get in many amusement parks or other places at home. I rather imagine Potter's magic wands in Universal was based on this idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!