Dumb question about online check in

akayf

Mouseketeer
We are on thr road. Just got the text with our room info. Do we even need to go to the front desk? Or can we head straight to the room?

The whole point of it is that you can go directly to your room. :)

Lucky you! I've never gotten that text!

Your magicband opens the hotel door. No key. You could get a card (like a credit card) if u wanted to open the door with something other than your magicband - for that key card go to front desk.

Oh I know that!!! He didn't believe that the band was the key and that it would already be activated!!!

Oh I know that!!! He didn't believe that the band was the key and that it would already be activated!!!
Well, 1 out of however many aren't.
Will yours, or his, be that 1?
Unfortunately, there isn't any way to know before hand.
Most work perfectly fine. More now than they did even a year ago.
What I do first just sort of depends on what's easier.
If you arrive and are walking through the lobby first, there is no harm in popping at the desk and asking them to confirm your MBs will open your room door. They have a way to check this. I have done this on several occasions to avoid making a 2nd trip back over there. If I've gotten my room number and I can go straight to the room easier than I can go to the lobby first then that's what I do. Or I've also opted to skip the desk if I've arrived to the lobby and found a long line, being willing to take the gamble that our band will work vs. standing in the line. Or at least 1 of the bands will work.
One of the times it's the bigger risk is when you've done a split stay and you are on stay 2+. Sometimes, things don't switch right when going from room to room and the resort has to manually make the switch for you. But for a single room/resort stay, odds are in your favor that your band will open your door.

So, inquiring minds want to know, did your bands work?

Well, 1 out of however many aren't.
Will yours, or his, be that 1?
Unfortunately, there isn't any way to know before hand.
Most work perfectly fine. More now than they did even a year ago.
What I do first just sort of depends on what's easier.
If you arrive and are walking through the lobby first, there is no harm in popping at the desk and asking them to confirm your MBs will open your room door. They have a way to check this. I have done this on several occasions to avoid making a 2nd trip back over there. If I've gotten my room number and I can go straight to the room easier than I can go to the lobby first then that's what I do. Or I've also opted to skip the desk if I've arrived to the lobby and found a long line, being willing to take the gamble that our band will work vs. standing in the line. Or at least 1 of the bands will work.
One of the times it's the bigger risk is when you've done a split stay and you are on stay 2+. Sometimes, things don't switch right when going from room to room and the resort has to manually make the switch for you. But for a single room/resort stay, odds are in your favor that your band will open your door.

So, inquiring minds want to know, did your bands work?
Yes they worked!!! We never even went to lobby. Our 1st night was room only at ASMovies. Then we were out the door at 7:30 to drive to Boardwalk. Went to lobby there to verify our tickets and meal credits were active. Hit the Bakery for breakfast and headed into Epcot just before 9. Perfection!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter