DVC 1,000 Point Club (2024)

If adding a few hundred more points was already in the plans and you have a budget and a solid forecast of what you will do with the points then I think you should consider buying at BLT if that is a true goal for you. I’d also ask if heading west to Disneyland is ever a need and would having points there be a requirement? Of course BLT resale becomes a whole different value in 2042 and beyond and would having more direct points help you. What if they actually build reflections a few years from now and that has great theme park views…. That’s the fun of DVC. So many options.

You also may consider if having two UYs are a good idea as you progress down this path. Not recommended for most, but if you have a ton of points that you can leverage to do cool things in each UY then you can have less dead spots across the year. I have two with good overlap at two peak times and I like that coverage.

After reflecting on the likely scenario that our resort preferences will change over time and my new theory that with enough points I can still book high point cost accommodations almost anywhere even at 7 months out, I decided it didn't matter that much where the next few hundred points were based. I also don't want to bequeath contracts to my heirs that have restrictions on them [Edit: I also prefer not to have different UY contracts], which took some shine off the resale contracts. The net of all this is that I just bought another 300 points at OKW, which gives me 1400 total. That better be enough to book/stay often at cabins/bungalows/grand villas !

Hope my 1400 point total can be updated on the first post so I can move up the leader board, because that's what really counts. :)

Last edited:
If adding a few hundred more points was already in the plans and you have a budget and a solid forecast of what you will do with the points then I think you should consider buying at BLT if that is a true goal for you. I’d also ask if heading west to Disneyland is ever a need and would having points there be a requirement? Of course BLT resale becomes a whole different value in 2042 and beyond and would having more direct points help you. What if they actually build reflections a few years from now and that has great theme park views…. That’s the fun of DVC. So many options.

You also may consider if having two UYs are a good idea as you progress down this path. Not recommended for most, but if you have a ton of points that you can leverage to do cool things in each UY then you can have less dead spots across the year. I have two with good overlap at two peak times and I like that coverage.
I know this was directed to @DonkeyHoTay (great name, lol) but in this past year (coincidentally shortly after we added on VGF) I've been wondering whether we "need" another 200ish points at a DL resort or Aulani. I think someone needs an intervention. We lasted from 2019-2023 without adding a single point.

I know this was directed to @DonkeyHoTay (great name, lol) but in this past year (coincidentally shortly after we added on VGF) I've been wondering whether we "need" another 200ish points at a DL resort or Aulani. I think someone needs an intervention. We lasted from 2019-2023 without adding a single point.
Who would ever want to visit this place every year when you can wake up at 6:30am to stand in line for attractions?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0698.jpeg
    IMG_0698.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 10
Who would ever want to visit this place every year…. much better to wake up at 6:30am to stand in line for attractions….
Yeah, thanks a lot.

We live on the east coast - and it was a long set of non-upgraded flights to get there. We love Hawaii, but in the past have spent more time on Maui, Kauai and The Big Island - but that was all pre-pandemic when we used to have the option of a direct flight! I actually looked at AUL direct when we were on property last year. VGF ended up being better for our overall needs, but I am still getting text alerts for certain resorts ... cough ... VGC...

Yeah, thanks a lot.

We live on the east coast - and it was a long set of non-upgraded flights to get there. We love Hawaii, but in the past have spent more time on Maui, Kauai and The Big Island - but that was all pre-pandemic when we used to have the option of a direct flight! I actually looked at AUL direct when we were on property last year. VGF ended up being better for our overall needs, but I am still getting text alerts for certain resorts ... cough ... VGC...
No arguments against VGC…. I hope they get out the remodel schedule soon like they did for BLT.

No arguments against VGC…. I hope they get out the remodel schedule soon like they did for BLT.
IF I am able to get a room there in December, they will announce the refurb to start in January 2025.
Evidence:
BWV 2br LO - late August 2023 - when we left, they were already taping off hallways near the BWV rooms.
BLT 2br - late August 2024 - booked at 11 mo when the schedule had implied the renovation would start earlier. Oh well. We are taking a family of 1st timers so being close to MK is a priority, so we aren't moving.

I’m not going to be any help if you’re trying to resist buying at DLR. After 2019 we resisted until last year when we bought both VGC and VDH. No regrets, we are using every point and already in constant borrowing mode.

The struggle is real….
What might save me is the VGC refurb… if they put in the Murphy beds, we could likely go down to a 1BR for a while to save points. Currently we book a 1BR at VDH due to the 3 real beds, but we get a 2BR at VGC.

Then again, we’re still waiting on the new Poly Tower details.

Then again, we really don’t need more points.

You need it! How will you ever hit 8,000 points if you stop now?

Glad I found this thread - I saw a post on FB the other day from a CPA stating he has bought 56 contracts. I don't know how many points he has but I was like wow - DVC goals! Only 225 today but we just started this year, hope to be up to 550 this time next year. 1000 pts is much more attainable than 56 contracts but we all have to have goals.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter