DVC Annual Meeting December 2017 date?

We'll miss it by one day, but truthfully, I'm not all that disappointed. We've gone in the past and enjoyed the experience, but it's really not on my must -do list anymore. :teeth:

Thanks to the wonderful people who will go, tweet real-time and then post a summary (with pictures), I don't feel like I'm going to miss anything. :)

My husband and I are brand new DVC members and we are wondering what happens during the annual meeting? We will be at WDW during that date. Is it worth going? Thanks!

My husband and I are brand new DVC members and we are wondering what happens during the annual meeting? We will be at WDW during that date. Is it worth going? Thanks!

I've gone to a couple, I wouldn't go out of your way unless you had time. It starts with the legal formalities of approving the dues. Then they do a presentation of upcoming DVC resort and member events. They used to do a Q & A but I don't believe they still do these. You an get a report of the meeting from various internet sites.

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/owning-dvc/3603-2016-dvc-condo-meeting-recap

I've gone to a couple, I wouldn't go out of your way unless you had time. It starts with the legal formalities of approving the dues. Then they do a presentation of upcoming DVC resort and member events. They used to do a Q & A but I don't believe they still do these. You an get a report of the meeting from various internet sites.

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc-program/owning-dvc/3603-2016-dvc-condo-meeting-recap

And after the meeting, they usually have beverages and some type of treat for those who attended. Those gatherings can be good places to meet other DVC members and usually some of the DVC officers and staff stick around after the meeting to talk to members informally. Kind of like cocktail party without the alcohol. :teeth:

Many members do attend. In 2015, they had the meeting on one of the Contemporary large convention rooms. It was very full.

We went in 2015 & 2016 and enjoyed it, especially talking to Resort managers and Ken Potrock after the formal meeting. If we're there at the appropriate time we'll probably go again, but we won't schedule a trip just for that reason.

Meeting is getting closer. Anyone planning to attend this year?

We were planning to be there but for various reasons ended up with too much travel in the fall (I know, hard to believe that’s possible) so we canceled our BWV stay for December (will miss the Epcot party as well as the annual meeting) and our BRV stay in January and booked a week in a 1BR at VGF in February. It’s been my dream to stay at GF since 1994, so I don’t mind missing the meeting!

Been there, done that, I don't see the attraction to attend.

:earsboy: Bill

I’m wondering whether they’ll give more details re the Riviera and the gondolas at this year’s meeting. Sorry to miss it for that reason & also because we’ve enjoyed talking to Ken Potrock & other DVC officials afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!