dvc AP activation

dvc_cruiser

Earning My Ears
We got the dvc AP gold AP right before they stopped selling them for our trip in August. They are attached to our MDE accounts and where able to make park reservations. Do I need to do anything to active them before showing up at the park? I know before you had a certificate you had to go to certain guest services to active. do I still need to do that. our first stop is epcot and we be using the back entrance so not sure there is guest services there.

You do need to activate them before entering the park. Bring your ID and blue card to any Guest Services location to be issued your card.

Pre-covid, you could activate your Gold Pass by visiting the ticket booth before going through security at the EPCOT World Showcase entrance. I don't know if it's open now.

You can activate them at any ticket booth. You can also do it at any Guest Services; however, there may be long lines with people having ticket problems. We activated a Gold Pass at a ticket booth when entering EPCOT main gate. Very easy. Just show ID.

Everyone 18 or older will need to have the ID that indicates they have the same address as the names on the deed.

Right off - WELL DONE! You have new Gold APs, unactivated good to 2030 :).

You now have real choices :). You will ALWAYS have "active tickets" - so you can book, pick a park, get that park reservation, and STILL bail on the entire trip, at zero cost, under WDW rules.

You are now able to engage in "defensive booking". Book, but be ready to BAIL at minimal loss :).

Well done :).

Everyone 18 or older will need to have the ID that indicates they have the same address as the names on the deed.
How does this work for international visitors? There’s no address on our passports, ID cards or drivers license

Might be wise to call. Perhaps a copy of a utility bill with your name & address would suffice.
That might only be good for the person named on the utility bill.

How does this work for international visitors? There’s no address on our passports, ID cards or drivers license
How do you verify your address at home?

We have used either passports or driving licence with no issue, they usually only want to see mine along with the DVC card. We have never had any issues despite having different surnames.

Right off - WELL DONE! You have new Gold APs, unactivated good to 2030 :).

You now have real choices :). You will ALWAYS have "active tickets" - so you can book, pick a park, get that park reservation, and STILL bail on the entire trip, at zero cost, under WDW rules.

You are now able to engage in "defensive booking". Book, but be ready to BAIL at minimal loss :).

Well done :).

thats a plus! Great perspective!

We have 2 inactivated gold AP’s, four 10 day no-expire (9 days left on each, and about six or even eight 5 days hopper or MYW from the days of no particular date. 2 adults and 2 children.

We have a 15 day trip planned in February, and, if we go, the unlimited hassle free planning is a bonus!

Not sure what to do about tickets though— it’s smarter to save any ticket that allowed park hopping for the future. It’s not worth using while parks are restricted. Is it worth buying the specific dates?!

Any rumors on when Disney may start selling annual gold passes to vacation club members? I have a trip planned early in 2021 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!