DVC dining discounts at Aulani?

psimon

Will travel for turkey legs!
Are there any dining discounts at Aulani like there are at WDW?

I have seen the menus at ALLEARS.NET and they have the pricing. Just curious if I can do any better on the prices.

Thanks...

----Paul in Southern NJ

I did not like the food at the restaurants @ Aulani. You will notice, for the most part, the restaurants being practically empty. Especially for the buffet. Most people I talked to will eat from one of the "fast food places" when they're at the pool or after hours behind the bar. Most people leave the premises for a good meal. Especially at night, dinner time. Look across the street, everybody's there.

We are at Aulani and have really enjoyed the food on site. The dinner buffet with sushi & poke was delicious! However, everything is very expensive. $21 for our 3 yr old at the buffet and I had to coax her to eat two bites of pizza. Bah

We're military, so we went to a nearby base & went grocery shopping for the rest of the week. For the price of one on site dinner, we got easy & quick breakfast, lunch & dinner food + snacks for the next 5 days. I'm not usually one to cook on vacation, but it just makes more financial sense on this trip.

We visited Aulani in 2012. We found the food to be very pricey and not really worth the money. The first night we were starving as we had been traveling all day. We went to the buffet. It's was over $150 for 3 of us. 2 of us got the buffet. We only went through once. It was good, but not great.

We had a car- so we ended up exploring the island. We used Yelp! to find some great places to eat while out and about. Like the Koa Pancake house! (cheap and great breakfast!) and also Queen's Cafe near downtown Honolulu...not sure exactly where it was but somewhere near the stadium. It was FANTASTIC! It's not much to look at but the food was incredible! I highly recommend the garlic fried rice...it's enough to feed 2 and then some. We happened upon it looking for a place to eat after we browsed the Swap Meet at the stadium. Another fun thing to do that the locals do. Great bargains.

We also went to the grocery store and bought a loaf of bread and some peanut butter and had a picnic on the beach. it was a blast.

Can't wait to go back in October 2013~~~

ALOHA!
Jennifer:beach:

We too ate either in our room or did fast food more than dining at the resort. But we did eat at the resort for a breakfast buffet at Makahiki and dinner at Ama Ama. Both times the food was excellent. The restaurants were not empty during our week stay in September 2012. However, people did dine much later in Hawaii than we are used to on the Mainland. The restuarants just started getting busy around 8:30 or 9:00. Also many of the locals when they stayed at the resort ate at the 'Olelo Room Bar. We did that too. The appetizers are definitely meal sized. And it was very enjoyable listening to the live music while dining. On the weekends the locals that were eating and drinking there would also get up and hula to the music if they really liked it. It was like getting extra free entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter