DVC Perks at Disneyland Resort (California)

dvc_john

DVC since 1993
We just completed a stay at DLR, and, except for the modest AP discount, I was unaware of the numerous discounts available to DVC members there, so I thought I'd post here for others to see.

A 10% discount is available at virtually every table service AND counter service restaurant in both parks, all three hotels, and DTD. There were only a few restrictions (eg no House of Blues or Rainforest Cafe in the evening).
You just have to show your blue member card, and be staying at a DLR hotel.

I think a lot of these discounts are very new, as the portable perks booklet we got (which was dated July thru September) listed most of these discounts as 'New'. In fact, about half the time the wait person (and even restaurant manager) was unaware of the discount. But we had no problem once we showed them the portable perks book.

There were other discounts for some DTD shops and movies. I think most of the discounts are the same as offered to Disneyland/California Adventure AP holders.

So, if you are headed to DLR in the near future and staying at a DLR hotel, be sure to take your blue member card, and pick up a portable perks booklet either at check-in or at a DVC kiosk. And carry the Portable Perks booklet with you in case anyone questions the discount.

You just have to show your blue member card, and be staying at a DLR hotel.
AND?? Why the added restriction?

Were there still reasonable restaurant discounts available for us local DVC owners? (Assume, "Not staying in a DLR.")

Edited to add: Thank you, for the report. We're going up next weekend (staying at Dolphins Cove) and will learn more then.

I'm not sure if the discount is valid if not staying at a DLR hotel. The portable perks book said you must show the blue member card, your hotel room key, and hotel charge card.

We never did show our room key, but we did use the hotel charge card almost everytime. Some of the DTD hotels don't take the hotel charge card, so for those we did just show the blue member card.

We go to DLR once a month, and have been using either our AP, or DVC for discounts at DLR. We have never been asked to see our room key. Basically the discounts are the same for both AP and DVC, at DLR.

Thank you for posting, John. I'm going to DL in a few months and had no idea DVC'ers could get discounts. :thumbsup2

Interesting. We visited DLR last March, and I checked the Member site before we left. There were only discounts at a couple restaurants, and they didn't even know about them when we asked for it. I believe House of Blues, and Jazz Kitchen were the only ones.

Anyway, I'm happy to see they added some new perks.
Now they just have to inform the CMs! :teeth:

MG

Seem to recall there was a DVC discount for purchasing DL APs ($75?); anyone know if it's still offered & what the final cost is?

Also, wondering if the DL APs run the same as WDW ones, i.e. a full 12 month period vs a calendar year.

Seem to recall there was a DVC discount for purchasing DL APs ($75?); anyone know if it's still offered & what the final cost is?

Also, wondering if the DL APs run the same as WDW ones, i.e. a full 12 month period vs a calendar year.

We have DL APs (We live an hour away) It is good for both parks, and gives you a 15% discount at ALL table service locations, and 10% at counter service and several merchandice locations. (the premium AP) The down side is the Discount is only 20.00 off regular price. I think the total comes to $339.00 after discount. (Adult and child price is the same) On the up side, Disneyland gives you a real card. It has your picture and a barcode that is read at the turnstile. It is alot better than our paper WDW AP.

We have DL APs (We live an hour away) It is good for both parks, and gives you a 15% discount at ALL table service locations, and 10% at counter service and several merchandice locations. (the premium AP) The down side is the Discount is only 20.00 off regular price. I think the total comes to $339.00 after discount. (Adult and child price is the same) On the up side, Disneyland gives you a real card. It has your picture and a barcode that is read at the turnstile. It is alot better than our paper WDW AP.

thanks for posting...perhaps i was thinking of the perc they gave for buying into DVC @ DL this year?

Do the WDW APs work for DL? I know I was told that the hoppers would, but I'm not sure about APs. Anyone know?:confused3

Do the WDW APs work for DL? I know I was told that the hoppers would, but I'm not sure about APs. Anyone know?:confused3

No, WDW Annual Passes will only work at WDW. DL APs will only work at Disneyland. WDW Park hoppers WILL NOT WORK at Disneyland. They are two seperate entities. In fact, the turnstyle computers work completely differently. I am sorry someone gave you incorrect information.

Thanks for the heads up. I am going to DL over Labor Day and that is great to know about the 10% off. This was at counter service too? Wow, that will definately add up. I made priority seatings at Blue Bayou, Ariel's grotto and the Minnie and Friends breakfast at the Plaza? I think. Do you know if these restaurants are included?

Thanks again for sharing!

Yes, all 3 are on the list. We ate at Blue Bayou and Plaza. We might have been the first to use the DVC discount at the Blue Bayou, as neither the waitperson nor the manager knew about it. But they gave us the discount with no problem when we showed them the portable perks booklet.

And yes, the counter service restaurants are included also. Only the carts and some of the really minimal window type places are excluded. Even the hot dog place in Hollywood at California Adventure was included.

I take it that they gave you the perks brochure at check-in to the hotel?

I'll be there soon and will be staying at the DL Hotel but will be arriving the night before and staying in a cheaper off-site hotel, so I may have to visit the hotel early to grab the list - I just today checked the DVC site, which made no mention of discounts at Blue Bayou or many of the other in-park restaurants, just a small handful.

I'm figuring that wherever I spend money, I'll show 'em my DVC card and Disney Visa and see what they can get me. :)

I take it that they gave you the perks brochure at check-in to the hotel?

I'll be there soon and will be staying at the DL Hotel but will be arriving the night before and staying in a cheaper off-site hotel, so I may have to visit the hotel early to grab the list - I just today checked the DVC site, which made no mention of discounts at Blue Bayou or many of the other in-park restaurants, just a small handful.

I'm figuring that wherever I spend money, I'll show 'em my DVC card and Disney Visa and see what they can get me. :)

You can generally get a perks book at any DVC cart as well, just show them your card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter