DVC points chart for ABD trips!

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
We are considering DVC and I wanted to see a points chart for each person for like a BSM tour. Anyone on this thread able to help? I may need to go to the DVC boards. If you have any info to pass on thanks a bunch!

HG

We are considering DVC and I wanted to see a points chart for each person for like a BSM tour. Anyone on this thread able to help? I may need to go to the DVC boards. If you have any info to pass on thanks a bunch!

HG

All I can find on line are the points charts for DVC resorts and the chart doesn't copy well but I have it, as I am a DVC member and I can email it to you if you PM me your email address.

We are DVC members and really enjoy staying at the resorts, etc. We have used our points for a cruise, but just to warn you--it takes a huge amount of points to book an ABD. It may not be the most economical use of your DVC membership. You need to have enough points to pay for each person, but it is ok to use points for one person and cash for another.

On the other hand, we have enjoyed using point for pre and post stays at DVC resorts. Also looking forward to the upcoming DVC resort in Hawaii!
:thumbsup2

We are DVC members and really enjoy staying at the resorts, etc. We have used our points for a cruise, but just to warn you--it takes a huge amount of points to book an ABD. It may not be the most economical use of your DVC membership. You need to have enough points to pay for each person, but it is ok to use points for one person and cash for another.

On the other hand, we have enjoyed using point for pre and post stays at DVC resorts. Also looking forward to the upcoming DVC resort in Hawaii!
:thumbsup2

We looked into DVC specifically for ADB trips. We thought that it was a great bargain at first. For example (and I don't recall exact point amounts), most of the trips that we wanted to go on were in the 600-650 range, so we thought if we used 3 years worth of points, we could go on these trips every three years and only have to pay the annual DVC charges plus airfare, which as I said, we thought was a bargain. On our flight home, we noticed the little * next to the points and read the small print that the points were per person. Well, that changed our mind pretty darn quickly. One trip per person every 3 years just didn't make sense to us. Although there are some really nice places to visit, we ended up turning down the membership. It's a great deal for the right person, but it didn't make sense for us, specifically for the ABD trips.

The point conversion for ABD or the cruises costs essentially the same as paying cash. It's a nice way to use up points for those of us in DVC who want to do something different, but use of points with the expectation of saving on anything other than staying at DVC resorts, is unrealistic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter