DVC reduced points at DLH

tvwalsh

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
The Disney Vacation Club has significantly reduced the number of points needed for its members to rent rooms at the Disneyland Hotel. Does anyone have any information or theories on how great of an effect this will have on the availability of rooms at the Disneyland Hotel?

Will there be fewer discounts for other reservations? Has anyone had trouble getting the dates he or she wanted?

Hi I am a DVC Member and I booked about a month ago at the DLHotel on points. I was able to get a premium view for 35 points per nite.(that is the discounted rate) I booked July 19,20,21 with points-22nd was not available-(so I booked this cash thru DL res.at $320.85 (military rate),then I booked 23,24,25,26,on points same room type.I explained the situation to DVC and to DL res. so hopefully we will stay in the same room.I will call DL res. about a week before we arrive to explain again! And I have tried a few times to book the 22nd on points but still nothing. Also DL res. just takes your CC info, they do not charge a nites deposit like WDW does. Any other DVC Members booking with points? I think it is a GOOD deal! Joan

I also booked at the GC. Wish I would have known about this sooner. Oh well. Not going to let it spoil my vacation. I leave in 5 days!!!! :cool1: :cool1:

Joan S. said:
Hi I am a DVC Member and I booked about a month ago at the DLHotel on points. I was able to get a premium view for 35 points per nite.(that is the discounted rate) I booked July 19,20,21 with points-22nd was not available-(so I booked this cash thru DL res.at $320.85 (military rate),then I booked 23,24,25,26,on points same room type.I explained the situation to DVC and to DL res. so hopefully we will stay in the same room.I will call DL res. about a week before we arrive to explain again! And I have tried a few times to book the 22nd on points but still nothing. Also DL res. just takes your CC info, they do not charge a nites deposit like WDW does. Any other DVC Members booking with points? I think it is a GOOD deal! Joan

We're planning our first trip to California/Disneyland for June 2006, so I was very happy to see that the DVC has lowered the points through 12/31/06. Would you happen to know the new point requirements?

We're going in mid November and the points were 23 for a standard view and I think 25 or 28 for a preferred view. I'm cheap so I choose the standard view!

i called last week for the info on points for DLH, today i am going to book my airfare, trying to go to DL and visit family in las vegas all in one trip.
i will be calling MS tomorrow to book my room on points. i am just trying to decide if coming into DL at 9pm is worth 32 points for that night,thursday night, or should i fly in first thingng the next morning. then we would have fri-wed. morning , would that be enough time to do DL & unversal studios , then flying to LV . we wiil also be there for easter.

We booked 2 nights and used 48 points total for standard room at DLH. We are very excited. Were going In Oct.

I just booked 3 nights at DLH for the end of August. With cash prices being so high, it actually is cheaper to use points (versus renting out points and paying cash). This wasn't always the case. This is much less hassle than renting out points, AND we get to stay onsite. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hi everyone! We are thinking of going to DL in May 2006. Where is the list showing how many pts. are needed for the DL hotels in '06? The website I was looking at only had them for '05.

Thanks!

I just booked yesterday for a 2 night stay at the DLH for August 18th -20th. This is for my pre repositioning Disney cruise stay. At 29 points per night it actually works out to less than $170pn compared to the $305 cash I would have to pay without the points. :mickeybar

i just booked this morning for Easter 2006 with no problem for 5 nights in a srtandard view at the DLH for 32 points a night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter