DVC Resale - Blue Card?

I bet they have instructions to collect the cards when it comes up as well, esp at at the lounge.

Since the lounge is a business marketing expense, DVD may track and update your attendance for marketing and tax write off reasons.

:earsboy: Bill
Florida Statute limits the amount of incidental benefits a developer can give on a timeshare to a total of 15% of the total purchase value. How do you think DVD ate complying with this legal requirement? Surely they need to track all discounts and benefits taken up per member. Will one day someone be told - sorry but you cannot have any more? Copied from statute-

f) The aggregate represented value of all incidental benefits offered by a developer to a purchaser may not exceed 15 percent of the purchase price paid by the purchaser for his or her timeshare interest.

Florida Statute limits the amount of incidental benefits a developer can give on a timeshare to a total of 15% of the total purchase value. How do you think DVD ate complying with this legal requirement? Surely they need to track all discounts and benefits taken up per member. Will one day someone be told - sorry but you cannot have any more? Copied from statute-

f) The aggregate represented value of all incidental benefits offered by a developer to a purchaser may not exceed 15 percent of the purchase price paid by the purchaser for his or her timeshare interest.

What is the legal definition of "incidental benefit"? Is it per owner or per contract? Does it even includes discounts / perks that can be eliminated, added or changed at any time at the sole discretion of the developer. My GUESS is that it only includes items offered at the point of sale, not possible future discounts that aren't even part of the contract.

At $170 pp, 15% is more than $25 pp. For a minimum contract of 25 points, they are looking at over $625. I highly doubt the FP+, tote bags, hats, lemonade etc. given at the point of sale even come close to that amount.

FWIW, I'm quite sure Disney doesn't even offer discounts unless they believe it will result in increased revenue for them.

What is the legal definition of "incidental benefit"? Is it per owner or per contract? Does it even includes discounts / perks that can be eliminated, added or changed at any time at the sole discretion of the developer. My GUESS is that it only includes items offered at the point of sale, not possible future discounts that aren't even part of the contract.

At $170 pp, 15% is more than $25 pp. For a minimum contract of 25 points, they are looking at over $625. I highly doubt the FP+, tote bags, hats, lemonade etc. given at the point of sale even come close to that amount.

FWIW, I'm quite sure Disney doesn't even offer discounts unless they believe it will result in increased revenue for them.
It also says benefits must be offered for a minimum of 3 years or a similar benefit for 3 years.... not clear exactly what the incidental benefit is. Wonder if it would include access to Epcot Lounge and also Moonlight Magic etc? Suppose they would assess the cost as cost to them. Wonder what it costs them, per person, for a Moonlight Magic event after they have rented the park, paid for food and fireworks etc- $20 A head? I wonder if they are keeping a tally.

It also says benefits must be offered for a minimum of 3 years or a similar benefit for 3 years.... not clear exactly what the incidental benefit is. Wonder if it would include access to Epcot Lounge and also Moonlight Magic etc? Suppose they would assess the cost as cost to them. Wonder what it costs them, per person, for a Moonlight Magic event after they have rented the park, paid for food and fireworks etc- $20 A head? I wonder if they are keeping a tally.

Who knows what they tally or how they tally. I'm still thinking about the construction costs at BRV, pool, restaurant, and who will be paying for what. BRV increased property tax and how owners will be billed for that.

That's represented value not cost of the item. I don't think this statute has any bearing on DVD for the items in question.

For what it's worth in my experience, all of these restrictions are talked about much more on these boards than actually enforced. I was able to purchase two discount annual passes in person with my plain white, printed, second class citizen resale dvc card, as well as attend the dvc pandora preview. The annual pass purchase even had to bypass more than one cast member because they originally put the wrong expiration date on my husbands pass.

For what it's worth in my experience, all of these restrictions are talked about much more on these boards than actually enforced. I was able to purchase two discount annual passes in person with my plain white, printed, second class citizen resale dvc card, as well as attend the dvc pandora preview. The annual pass purchase even had to bypass more than one cast member because they originally put the wrong expiration date on my husbands pass.

Wow! Okay, maybe we'll at least try for the AP and just see what happens, thanks!

ETA: does your online account show a blue or white card?

It’s white. I wasn't trying to be sneaky. I even called member services before we left because one of the passes I ordered online to be picked up at member services. I explained that I owned a resale contract was but was being offered the discount online so could I rightfully purchase and pick up the annual pass. She kind of laughed and said well you can certainly try. She said worse case scenario would be that they would ask for the additional money due when I picked it up. I just wanted to ensure it wouldn't mess up any of my fast passes and reservations we'd secured. Once I verified we were paying the AP discount price I asked what it would be to upgrade my husbands 9 day hopper and it was only $57 so I literally laughed and told her to "take my money". :) She asked for dh's DVC card as well (again the home printed white copy), id, and went through on processing his as well.

Epcot lounge verified us twice in the system - upon entrance and at the top of stairs.

It’s white. I wasn't trying to be sneaky. I even called member services before we left because one of the passes I ordered online to be picked up at member services. I explained that I owned a resale contract was but was being offered the discount online so could I rightfully purchase and pick up the annual pass. She kind of laughed and said well you can certainly try. She said worse case scenario would be that they would ask for the additional money due when I picked it up. I just wanted to ensure it wouldn't mess up any of my fast passes and reservations we'd secured. Once I verified we were paying the AP discount price I asked what it would be to upgrade my husbands 9 day hopper and it was only $57 so I literally laughed and told her to "take my money". :) She asked for dh's DVC card as well (again the home printed white copy), id, and went through on processing his as well.
Congratulations. Was this early on, perhaps when they were still working out the kinks and getting everyone trained on the new system? Or was this fairly recent?

Your were fortunate to get CM's that were not properly trained. DVC is such a small percentage of guests that many CM's don't know what the rules or policies of the DVC.

Epcot lounge verified us twice in the system - upon entrance and at the top of stairs.

Hmm interesting. I only went once, almost a year ago now and the CM just looked at my card and ID at the bottom of the stairs. Maybe their system was down or something, haven't tried to go since.

Did you have to show any card or member ID at all? Thought you had to show blue card for entry?

Yes, we had to show our blue card/ID, and while we were pulling up our card on phone, she asked our name to pull us up on her iPad.

Hmm interesting. I only went once, almost a year ago now and the CM just looked at my card and ID at the bottom of the stairs. Maybe their system was down or something, haven't tried to go since.

We were just casually walking past the desk at the top of the stairs when the CM asked us our name, looked at the screen, and said, "thank you." I didn't know what it was about. Maybe he thought we were leaving and checking us out? Do they normally do that? This was the last week of April.

Yes, we had to show our blue card/ID, and while we were pulling up our card on phone, she asked our name to pull us up on her iPad.

We were just casually walking past the desk at the top of the stairs when the CM asked us our name, looked at the screen, and said, "thank you." I didn't know what it was about. Maybe he thought we were leaving and checking us out? Do they normally do that? This was the last week of April.

Ah OK what I thought you were saying is you were a resale buyer without a blue card and got in. Looks like they do a double verification there so no chance.

They check you in at the bottom and then they have to check you out at the top when you leave. That's how they know they can allow more people to come up.

They track guests for a couple of reasons.

To see if you qualify for admittance.
For tax reasons.
For Occupancy reasons.
To see how many qualified members use the marketing perk.
To see how long you stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter