DVC Resale - Blue Card?

I've never received a new card. I still have only the original i received in 2001 when I got my first contract. Should I have gotten a new one? If I'm remembering correctly my card is purple.

I've never received a new card. I still have only the original i received in 2001 when I got my first contract. Should I have gotten a new one? If I'm remembering correctly my card is purple.
Yes they mailed out new cards to all current members early last year. You can request a new one online or via member services (expired in 2021) and you can also access your digital one (good for 3 months) via the website.

Yes they mailed out new cards to all current members early last year. You can request a new one online or via member services (expired in 2021) and you can also access your digital one (good for 3 months) via the website.[/QU
thanks, I'll give member services a call tomorrow

Where do you see on the membership page if each of your memberships have perks or not ???
All of ours show as blue but I do not see the actual words "includes perks"

Where do you see on the membership page if each of your memberships have perks or not ???
All of ours show as blue but I do not see the actual words "includes perks"
The blue card means you get perks.

I just got a blue card in the mail and I am a resale buyer.... I found this conversation so I looked online and my card is also blue there.... wondering what everyone's thoughts are?

I just got a blue card in the mail and I am a resale buyer.... I found this conversation so I looked online and my card is also blue there.... wondering what everyone's thoughts are?
Either you bought pre April 2016 or they made a mistake. If the latter (which has happened a lot but may be rectified later) keep quiet and enjoy your discounts.

Either you bought pre April 2016 or they made a mistake. If the latter (which has happened a lot but may be rectified later) keep quiet and enjoy your discounts.
I bought last year..... so they made a mistake. Wow, I feel guilty...

I bought last year..... so they made a mistake. Wow, I feel guilty...
Ha ha. Don't feel guilty. It's marketing by DVD. If they make a mistake it's their problem. Disney make huge profit margins on food and merch, they gave you a little love back.

Ha ha. Don't feel guilty. It's marketing by DVD. If they make a mistake it's their problem. Disney make huge profit margins on food and merch, they gave you a little love back.
OK...I am now trying to figure out what the perks actually are!!

10 % off most ts restaurants, 20% off merchandise. Depending on whether it stays blue on the system you may also get in Epcot lounge and get into Moonlight Magic.

You’ll probably get all of the soft perks (mercy and food discounts) but you probably won’t get the AP discount since guest relations does a hard check there. It’s not as easy as flashing your blue card. At least that’s my memory of what people have described.

You could always try and see what happens. Worst case is that they make you pay the full price.

For some of the perks they will look you up in the system as well, you might want to avoid those as they could confiscate the card if they figure out you shouldn't have it.

For some of the perks they will look you up in the system as well, you might want to avoid those as they could confiscate the card if they figure out you shouldn't have it.
Agree.. but, my question is if my card is blue online if they check the system, it should be blue.. or not?

OK.. my online card is white!! I wasn't looking at the right thing... so I have the blue card but online white. Now I need to decide quickly if I want to buy 25 points before the increase!!!

OK.. my online card is white!! I wasn't looking at the right thing... so I have the blue card but online white. Now I need to decide quickly if I want to buy 25 points before the increase!!!

If you will really use the benefits, if they continue to offer the benefits, if the benefits can justify the cost, if they are selling the resort you need and if you need the extra points, I would buy now.

:earsboy: Bill

You may struggle to get a 25 pointer now.
You'll get the discounts in restaurants and shops.
As Dean suggested I'd avoid anything where they check on the system- Epcot Lounge, trying to book Moonlight Magic etc. Get a switched on CM in those circumstances and you may get ' I just have to go see my manager' with the manager then apologetically telling you they need the card back and sending you an envelope (has happened) or saying they have to keep the card.
So your question is now is it worth paying the extra (whatever that will be now) for pass discounts which could expire any time and to extend your restaurant discount and merch discounts beyond the expiry date of your blue card.

well, just called and I think I will be out of luck.... but they are checking.... gave them my cc number just in case.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!