DVC Turnstile light not turning Purple

I get the purple more often than DH, but sometimes I do get green. It does seem to be random random.

I am the only one in my family that gets the purple light and my hubby and both kids are on the deed. I was told by a cast member that it's because I'm the primary on the account. Not sure if this is true. I feel bad when my family gets the green light.

I am the only one in my family that gets the purple light and my hubby and both kids are on the deed. I was told by a cast member that it's because I'm the primary on the account. Not sure if this is true. I feel bad when my family gets the green light.
My DH is the primary. I get the purple the most.

Is the green for AP??
I never even noticed the color. I’m always just concerned if I’m okay to pass through.
I think green is good for everyone and blue is bad for everyone like FP+. I don't recall AP or regular park tickets being differentiated. DVC even goes purple then green based on what I have seen.

My husband is primary on ours and I still get the purple most of the time. I was told that you each need to have your own online DVC accounts/log ins in order to get the purple light. If only you have a DVC log in and your husband does not have his own then he would not get the purple light, no idea if that is accurate or not but it seems true for us as we both have our own online DVC accounts.

The CM is both right and wrong.

Right: Because I'm guessing you're the one that makes the stay arrangements, and does all the bookings. You are therefore the primary person for your family.
Wrong: There is no designated "primary" for an account. You just need to have DVC listed under your affiliations under your MDE account, aka linked.

Just simply being on the deed isn't going to get you the purple light. What being on the deed does is entitle that person to call MS to get an online activation code and club ID, which then links their Disney account with DVC. Have your husband and kids all completed this process?

If everyone has... then my answer changes to simply "Disney IT sucks. :crazy2:"

Direct and Resale here and I get Purple everytime at MK and 50/50 other parks 😂

I have the DVC account, make all trip arrangements.
Never get purple.....neither does DH

I have the DVC account, make all trip arrangements.
Never get purple.....neither does DH

And you linked your DVC affiliation to your MDE account? That is what needs to be done in order to hope to achieve the great Purple light.

☝️the great purple light. What's really cool is the purple aura that surrounds you for the day after you get hit by " The Great Purple Light" , direct purchases only of course.😎

my wife and i both have accounts. but her magic express is all set up by me. so only mine turns purple......and with that....it only does it every now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter