DVCers who have been on the Members Cruise!

MarylandMommy

Mouseketeer
Hi, fellow DVCers!
I like to plan, plan, plan. We have a Disney trip planned for May '07 and Oct. '07. We tried our first Disney Cruise last Nov. '06 and LOVED it! What a suprise, right? I need to go on another one and was considering the Members Cruise for '08. I don't like to use my points for cruises, so when I compared prices to the Members 4 day cruise and the regular 4 day cruise, the regular one was about $1000 less for my family. I know the big difference is you would spend the day at Castaway Cay instead of Nassau (which REALLY appeals to me), but for an extra $1000?
For those that have been on the Members cruise, can you sell me on spending the additional money!
Please tell me as much as you can!
Thanks!

I wouldn't try to sell you...but we used points, and would again. The '05 MC was special for us because of the speakers and entertainment. It was a plus being on the cruise with fellow DVC owners. We had lots of good times meeting people and listening to and telling stories with a DVC/Disney thread. It just seemed to be a friendlier cruise:goodvibes

We've been on another Disney cruise and for me CC is the selling point...we mostly do other cruise line cruises (we actually have 2 booked for the future)because Disney's price is so much higher. However, for the MC, we would spring for it again. It is a very subjective thing...most of the pins and souvenirs that we got have been gifts by me to others. The pictures I have provide many wonderful memories, and that's all of the souvenirs I need.

Bobbi:boat:

I'm not going to sell you either. It is your personal decision to go, yes there are great gifts and guests but don't count on selling gifts on ebay, I used points/cash combo.

I can't sell you either.

While we had a blast on SSMC05, we were sadly disappointed in SSMC06. For the extra $1000, I would take a 7 day cruise over another member cruise without hesitation. Cheryl is right, the gifts from SSMC05 were easy sellers on ebay for those of us who tried, the gifts from SSMC06 were again a disappointment. And, IMO, you can't sail on the cruise thinking that your going to recap any expenses from ebay sales.

You have to do what's best for you and your family.

We made some wonderful lifelong friends on SSMC05 & SSMC06 and for that we're very thankful. Most of us have taken those friendship and planned 7 day (or longer repo cruisers) with some of those friends instead of putting the extra money into another DVC member cruise.

If this helps you with your decision any, here is the link to the trip report from SSMC06:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1254492

Ok..This has been driving me CRAZY for months. What does SS stand for when talking about the member cruise. I am sure I will kick myself after I find out. Thanks!

Ok..This has been driving me CRAZY for months. What does SS stand for when talking about the member cruise. I am sure I will kick myself after I find out. Thanks!

S.S. stands for Sailing Ship or Steam Ship.

And if you ever see a ship with R.M.S. with it's name that is Royal Mail Ship (or Steamer).Titanic was an R.M.S. as is the Queen Mary

S.S. stands for Sailing Ship or Steam Ship.

And if you ever see a ship with R.M.S. with it's name that is Royal Mail Ship (or Steamer).Titanic was an R.M.S. as is the Queen Mary

Thanks! I don't have to kick myself now, those are not terms I am familiar with.

Something else to take into consideration is the tips were included on our member cruise in 2005. I don't know if that is applicable for this cruise though.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter