• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

e-night and boat transportation

yoko

Mouseketeer
Hi:

I am going in August, and hoping for a few e-ride nights during our stay. Do they run the boat transportation between MK and FW late on the e-ride nights? We will not be towing a car behind our RV, so it would be critical for us. Thanks in advance.

-yoko

Even if the boats aren't running that late the buses will still be. You will be able to catch a bus from Ticket and Trans and ride back to FW.

Have fun planning!

It wasn't an E night, but when we did the MVMCP in Dec., we were able to get the boat back after 12:30 am! :p Be warned though, if you are traveling with kids, it can be hard to keep them awake on the ride back!!;) :bounce:

Thanks, guys. Good toknow ahead of time that I don't have to worry about how to get back. I just read on another thread about the FW beach being a good spot to view the MK fireworks. So, between the e-night, fireworks, and the movies, my evening plans will be great! Now I just have to wait for Disney to publish the MK schedule for August.

I too am waiting for AUg hours.

A funny story about children falling asleep on the boat. We took my nephew along with our 2 sons and stayed at the MK till midnight. My nephew fell asleep waiting for the boat. We pulled him up and "walked" him to the boat and then "walked" him to the bus and then "walked him to the tent. He remembered nothing about his trip back from the MK.

There were a bunch of us waiting to go back to the campground after the park closed late for e ride night. Someone asked and they had to send a bus for us. I guess they thought they had gotten everybody but about 10-15(we were not all one group) of us were stranded and they took care of us.

Please note, these were the operating hours for MK LAST August (2002), but I imagine they'll be similar this year:

Magic Kingdom – Operating Hours August 2002:

Sunday to Thursday: 9AM-6PM (3PM parade)

Friday: 9AM-8:30 PM (3PM parade & 8:30 Fireworks)

Saturday: 9AM-9PM (3PM parade, 8:15PM Spectromagic and 9:15PM Fireworks)

I saved them since I knew we were going back this summer and I would have made my PS reservations differently last year if I'd had the operating schedule ahead of time. The other parks were:

Epcot Future World — 9AM to 7PM
Epcot World Showcase — 11AM to 9PM
MGM — 9AM to 8:30PM
Animal Kingdom — 9AM to 5PM
Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach — 10AM to 6PM

Hope this helps!
Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter