ead79's journal - feel free to post :)

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
Well, I finally wandered over to this WISH sub-board today, and look what I found! What a great idea! Here's my story, goals, etc.

My name is Elisabeth, and I'm just shy of 24 years old. I am 5 feet and 1.5 inches tall, and I currently weigh 165 pounds even. My goal weight is 125 pounds, so I've got 40 pounds to lose. Goodness, that's a hard number to read, but I'm not gonna think about the whole task at once.

I originally started doing WW in July of 2000. I lost just over 20 pounds and was within 6 pounds of my goal weight. Unfortunately, I "fell off the bandwagon" and put on all that weight plus some. I never officially quit WW, I just saw the scale continue to rise. It really discouraged me, which was part of the reason I kept on gaining. One thing I have learned about myself--I am not a quitter! I'm now back to being committed to WW. I can and will do this! I have put the past behind me, and I'm not going to worry about the past. To quote Katholyn, onward and downward!

I am focusing on losing 15-20 pounds before my wedding on December 13th. For me, that is a very challenging goal, but not totally unreasonable. I want to look more lovely in my wedding gown. :) After that, I will continue to set mini-goals for myself so I don't fall off the program.

My main challenges are not getting discouraged if I have a gain, not snacking too much at night, not eating bad when I go to restaurants, and drinking water. I just hate water for some reason, but I've been working on adding it to my day slowly. I decided that going from 0 to 8 glasses of water a day might be a bit much, so I'm going from 0 to 2 glasses per day first. I have found that I enjoy walking in the evenings a lot--it helps relieve stress, and I enjoy the time talking with my mom. So, I plan to walk 3 times a week at least (preferably 4 times).

And just to help keep me motivated, here is a picture of my wedding gown, though thankfully mine isn't as tiny as this one, LOL! (sorry for the poor quality, I just found it on a website)

LZ117-g.jpg

I went up 0.4 this week, but I didn't make any big blunders. I think it was a combination of small mistakes that added up. My goals for this week are to drink 3 glasses of water a day, exercise 3 times, and most of all Journal. :)

I lost 0.2 pounds this week. I'll take it, at least the scale is moving in the right direction. I think it might take a couple of weeks for my body to start losing a larger amount of weight. I think my yo-yoing back and forth confused my metabolism a little bit. Onward and downward! I have been doing better with my water, but rain has been preventing my evening walks. I hope the sky clears up soon!

Hi Elizabeth,

Thats great that your sticking with it!! I used to always exercise outside too, but after awhile, I realized that bad weather was getting in my way. One thing I did was to purchase some workout videos. Just pick something that interests you, and do it when you can't get outside to walk. Even if you can't do all of the moves the first time, do what you can and eventually you will be able to do it all.

Nice goal of more water too!! Its really important!! Good luck and keep it up.:cool: :cool: :cool:

elisabeth...it looks as if we have similar goals to reach! when i began, i weighed in at about 170...and my goal is to be about 130. so we both want to lose about 40 pounds! heck, i'll be happy to be back under 150 again!!

hang in there! i'm certain you'll look lovely in your beautiful gown too!!

onward and downward!

As I posted in another thread, I finally earned my 5 pound clippie, and I couldn't be more thrilled!!!!! I stuck with it this week, and I refused to quit. Onward and downward I go!!!

166.6/161.6/125

Good for you Elisabeth!! Your gown is so lovely! Stick with your healthy eating choices. Work on increasing your water - I like mine ice cold but not warm, so I've been making sure I put lots of ice in my glass. Walking really does help - I hope you've been finding the time to stroll!

Keep us posted!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter