Early August Crowds

AdrienneP23

Earning My Ears
Hey DIS friends! What do you think of early-mid August crowds at Disney World? We went last year, but it was later in the month. Crowds and weather were very manageable in mid August 2019. We had to book a week earlier this year, so I was wondering if crowds would be much different (August 7-14, 2020). What do you guys think? We were there from January 23-26, and it was insane! Some of the worst crowds I have ever seen. Fingers crossed the threat of August heat will make crowds a little lighter than January.

We were there in January too...... crazy! We were also there early last August and it was pretty crowded, probably due to free dining. We’re back to mid-August this year - we usually take our Disney summer trip closer to the end of August, where we’ve had pretty good luck with moderate crowds after many schools have re-opened.

It's so hard to say because I feel like things are always in flux! The Crowd Calendar that I use is showing moderate/medium crowds during that time period. On a scale from 1-10:
7th - 6
8th - 6
9th - 5
10th - 7
11th - 7
12th - 7
13th - 6
14th - 6

I wouldn't base your plans on any 3rd party calendar. Even Disney has no idea how many locals with AP's will suddenly decide to show up some weekend. Estimates by day/park/ride are nothing more then wild guesses and nothing I would depend upon.

That week will have the potential to be busier because the local schools are still out. I think they usually go back to school the 3rd week in august??? You might get a lot of "lets get in one last trip before school starts" people.

We were there Jan 24 - 31. Those first three days were crazy! I think it was in part because of the pro-bowl. We talked to a couple of CM's while we were down there and even they were surprised at how busy it was.

But it's a trip to WDW, so it's gotta be good, right?!?! :jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!