early check in????

DIS Dad #856
I was wondering how universal resorts are about allowing early check in.we normally take a red eye into mco and arrive at 6am.we have never had a problem getting into a room at disney when arriving early,usually in a room with an hour or 2.

I was wondering how universal resorts are about allowing early check in.we normally take a red eye into mco and arrive at 6am.we have never had a problem getting into a room at disney when arriving early,usually in a room with an hour or 2.

Just like at Disney you can always check in early and start using the benefits of staying on-site. Just like at Disney your room may or may not be ready yet. You may never have had a problem getting into a room at Disney at 6 AM, but I have had rooms there not be available until after 4 PM! It really depends on how full the resort is at the time.

checking in is easy. having access to a room is not. our last 2 trips our room was not ready until dinner..6pm and later. both times we checked in early afternoon.

you can always drop off your luggage at bell services and go about your day.

The last time we had an insanely early arrival I called PB directly the day before leaving. I mentioned our arrival time, said I understood they couldn’t guarantee anything, but just an FYI in case there was a room available early we’d love it. We lucked out on arrival and they did have a room, but it could have gone either way.

We've had rooms ready early sometimes and other times not. Like a pp said, it all depends on occupancy.

we normally take a red eye into mco and arrive at 6am.we have never had a problem getting into a room at disney when arriving early,usually in a room with an hour or 2

That is astonishing luck. Very few people have that luck at Disney. It means that the room was empty the night before, and Disney hates when that happens.

Just like at Disney, you can do the checkin process at the front desk as early as about 6am. You can stash bags, get your express pass if you're at a deluxe, and the room key from all the hotels shows that you have early entrance. You shouldn’t expect a room at either place until actual checkin time, though.

Every time I've gone we have been able to get our room by around 12:30 - 1ish, but we've always gone during slower periods.

So as other's have noted, it all depends on availability.

Just like PPs have said, it solely depends on occupancy and will vary every time. Even if 100 people got in their room by 8am, it doesn't change the odds for the 101st person.

FWIW, we've never gotten access to our room during our stays at RPR and HRH before 1-2pm. I believe one time, it was closer to 4pm. And we generally travel at slower times of year. I do think Universal's housekeeping is better than that at WDW, with more care and attention given to each room, thus taking the process longer. Just my personal observation.

Like PP mentioned, you can check in and they will give you faux keys to use for EP if you want to head over to the park. You will have to stop back again at the front desk later to have your keys re-keyed for your room, obtain your room number, and have your key activated for charging privileges. I think they are supposed to send a text, but I only received it one time and have had to stop back at the front desk every time.

Another option is to change your reservation to check-in the night before, so you'd definitely have a room ready when you arrive. Of course, that means paying for an extra night. If you go this route, call and make sure your arrival time is noted on your reservation so you aren't processed as a "no show".

It is totally based on luck and I have never had much luck getting a room before 3 - and they really wont give you an idea of how long it will be.
If you go with the assumption that you will not have a room before 4 you wont be disappointed - just plan to leave your bags and go to the parks.
Now that they have more hotels and need more cleaning staff I feel like it is even less likely as they do seem to be understaffed.

They will text you when a room is ready (maybe) - I usually have to call and check

Thanks to all for the replies.
another question...is it possible to do a split stay and get the stay more save more rates?

Thanks to all for the replies.
another question...is it possible to do a split stay and get the stay more save more rates?
Usually the stay more save more rate is based on the number of days booked for the hotel

If the minimum # of days is 3 for that discount, you would need to book both hotels 3 nights each to get the smsm rate

You can not get that promo rate when splitting your stay into two separate reservations

I made flight reservations today,we will be arriving july 28th taking the red eye and staying until the 5th. not sure if I should book something now or wait a while and see what deals pop up.universals web site isn't showing much that far out right now.

If you see a price you can live with, book it

You can always cancel and rebook later

Sometimes great deals far in advance

Other times if rooms are not moving, discounts will show up

I booked my late September 2019 hotel 4 weeks ago
I saw a price that was lower than what I paid this year and new I had a deal

But I still keep my eye out just in case rooms don’t move and price will drop by summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter