Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland WATCH for the Holidays

OOOOH I see that the special event tickets 7:45AM-9:00AM under park hours for Jan/Feb 2018 that you folks just mentioned. Ok that officially took the wind out of my sails for Nov/Dec. Plan B for me is MVMCP but we've already done that several times and I really wanted to try something new. It is offered during my Feb trip dates but that trip is without my kids and this doesn't interest me without them. Sigh. This sucks.
I believe this info is posted but can you please tell me exactly where you see it? I go to park hours and do not.

Nevermind! Found it. :(

@Kshup Did you see where I tagged you the other day about the Akershus reservation you wanted? I still have it for you but know that you don't have enough messages yet to enter into conversation with me (you need 10!) You can reply to/post messages anywhere on Disboards to get to 10. If you don't want it any longer, let me know and I'll just drop it :-)

@Kshup Did you see where I tagged you the other day about the Akershus reservation you wanted? I still have it for you but know that you don't have enough messages yet to enter into conversation with me (you need 10!) You can reply to/post messages anywhere on Disboards to get to 10. If you don't want it any longer, let me know and I'll just drop it :-)
I did and thank you so much! I didn't understand the 10 post thing apparently. HOWEVER, I was able to snag a breakfast for this which is better for us anyway. Again, thank you!!!

Here is a screenshot, all of Jan and Feb have the EMM hours posted. And none for Nov or Dec:

View attachment 270255

And to add to the buzzkill, these were not there a few weeks ago...
Just checked this again and the "ticketed event" for January 7th is no longer listed. It's still on other days though. I'm still holding out hope I guess!!!!

Just checked this again and the "ticketed event" for January 7th is no longer listed. It's still on other days though. I'm still holding out hope I guess!!!!

That is weird. I see Jan 7 and 14 disappeared. But Jan 9, 16, and 21, 24, and 28 still have them listed.

But given that dates in January and February are (a) being entered and (b) being modified, I don't think there is much hope for Nov/Dec dates to appear.

I guess what drives me crazy is why wouldn't they just announce it won't be offered during these months if that were the case? It seems reasonable to believe it may not be if they are posting hours for it in January/February (unofficially). People put a ton of effort into planning these trips (not to mention loads of money). Disney has so much customer loyalty and repeat business, it would be nice to feel a little bit of that back instead of being made to feel like you're just at the whim of a juggernaut. Just sayin'.

I guess what drives me crazy is why wouldn't they just announce it won't be offered during these months if that were the case? It seems reasonable to believe it may not be if they are posting hours for it in January/February (unofficially). People put a ton of effort into planning these trips (not to mention loads of money). Disney has so much customer loyalty and repeat business, it would be nice to feel a little bit of that back instead of being made to feel like you're just at the whim of a juggernaut. Just sayin'.

Disney doesn't often say something will end (or not offered for a period)... For example, when they ended the EMM @ DHS, new dates never appeared. And once all the dates posted ran their course, WDW just wiped their website of any mention of it. They never said it was ending, it just poofed.

And when they do announce cancellations, they do it within a week... for example, express transportation ended with a week notice. I had made plans, fast passes, etc based on using it. And poof!

And couple that with phone CMs who are not informed about any changes before they happen. Of course, this seems insane marketing-wise to most of us... But it's how they do it, for whatever reason.

That is weird. I see Jan 7 and 14 disappeared. But Jan 9, 16, and 21, 24, and 28 still have them listed.

But given that dates in January and February are (a) being entered and (b) being modified, I don't think there is much hope for Nov/Dec dates to appear.
I'm sure you're right. Guess I was just hoping/thinking it was a planning issue with the party nights and they needed to establish something in terms of staffing (or whatever)! Fingers still crossed!

If one doesn't pop up before your trip, keep looking while on your trip. Today (Monday) PPO BOG times are available for this Friday or Saturday.

Totally agree with this. I am always amazed at what pops up in the days/day before. I can often find exactly what I want just searching the day before - even sometimes hard to get ones. Obviously that's not always the case, but it's possible!

Have you thought about a prepark breakfast at BOG? That would give you a jump on the rope drop crowd to the Mine Train. That's what I've got booked although I was really hoping to do the EMM instead.

I have a PPO breakfast booked, but now I'm worried because some people said that Disney can add EMH that week (12/21 - our last full day.)
I don't think I'll stop worrying about this or that until I'm back home, this trip is too stressing! :confused3

I have a PPO breakfast booked, but now I'm worried because some people said that Disney can add EMH that week (12/21 - our last full day.)
I don't think I'll stop worrying about this or that until I'm back home, this trip is too stressing! :confused3
Yes, them changing the park hours to an earlier opening will definitely squash the pre park breakfast advantage! It's all a gamble.

Or just change the park hours... I have a BOG PPO on 12-30 @ 8am (earliest time you could and still can book). But it's a near guarantee that MK will open at 8am on 12/30. No way to predict so I'm keeping the reservation for now. But I'm not counting on it being PPO and will cancel when they update the hours.

Disney seems to do as much as possible to prevent super-planners from ever feeling content... Sometimes hours change (always adding more hours) the week before.

Because I can't help myself.... I reached out to our friends the CMs just now and learned basically nothing, but she said there has been no indication of EMM one way or the other for Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb. She also said the dates listed in the Park Hours for Jan/Feb could also be a glitch because NOTHING has been communicated about an extension of EMM past October. She said "I would advise you check on the last day of the month for any updates". So even though I realize our chances are slim to none at this point, and I did secure FPs for 7DMT, I am still really hoping wishing and waiting for a 9/30 surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter