Early Morning Magic - Fantasyland WATCH for the Holidays

Because I can't help myself.... I reached out to our friends the CMs just now and learned basically nothing, but she said there has been no indication of EMM one way or the other for Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb. She also said the dates listed in the Park Hours for Jan/Feb could also be a glitch because NOTHING has been communicated about an extension of EMM past October. She said "I would advise you check on the last day of the month for any updates". So even though I realize our chances are slim to none at this point, and I did secure FPs for 7DMT, I am still really hoping wishing and waiting for a 9/30 surprise.
Thank you! I will continue to hold out hope but will plan for no emm with my fast pass selection. If it gets scheduled I will be so pleasantly surprised!

Because I can't help myself.... I reached out to our friends the CMs just now and learned basically nothing, but she said there has been no indication of EMM one way or the other for Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb. She also said the dates listed in the Park Hours for Jan/Feb could also be a glitch because NOTHING has been communicated about an extension of EMM past October. She said "I would advise you check on the last day of the month for any updates". So even though I realize our chances are slim to none at this point, and I did secure FPs for 7DMT, I am still really hoping wishing and waiting for a 9/30 surprise.
I think that's a reason to be at least a little hopeful. Right?!?!?

I think that's a reason to be at least a little hopeful. Right?!?!?

My theory is "why not" hold out hope (despite the realist in me seeing the Jan/Feb calendar as a problem). My plans are set, I secured FP for 7D so I guess why not wait until 9/30 and see what happens :).

Or just change the park hours... I have a BOG PPO on 12-30 @ 8am (earliest time you could and still can book). But it's a near guarantee that MK will open at 8am on 12/30. No way to predict so I'm keeping the reservation for now. But I'm not counting on it being PPO and will cancel when they update the hours.

Disney seems to do as much as possible to prevent super-planners from ever feeling content... Sometimes hours change (always adding more hours) the week before.
I know! My ADR is also at 8am, on 12/21. Who knows? I plan to do the same, wait and see...

Dang I'd been going by the doctor Disney article on 9/30 saying they were released then. What a bummer to see it was nearly a month earlier. The dates in Jan-March are so random, I'm going to hold on to the last shred of hope that that is a mistake. :(

I had some time to waste so I dug back and it looks like October AND Nov/Dec were released 8/30/16, soo maybe since October has been released for this year, it's not unreasonable to hope for 9/30 release of Nov/Dec this year?! Maaaaybe?! This is the last piece of our trip puzzle, so I'm not willing to give up hope just yet. ;)

I had some time to waste so I dug back and it looks like October AND Nov/Dec were released 8/30/16, soo maybe since October has been released for this year, it's not unreasonable to hope for 9/30 release of Nov/Dec this year?! Maaaaybe?! This is the last piece of our trip puzzle, so I'm not willing to give up hope just yet. ;)

AND it doesn't hurt to hope. A dream is a wish your heart makes..... :-)

That is weird. I see Jan 7 and 14 disappeared. But Jan 9, 16, and 21, 24, and 28 still have them listed.

But given that dates in January and February are (a) being entered and (b) being modified, I don't think there is much hope for Nov/Dec dates to appear.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that January 9th does happen as that's our MK day. I wasn't really planning on doing EMM this trip but my oldest is obsessed with SDMT so I might surprise her with it.

Thank you! I will continue to hold out hope but will plan for no emm with my fast pass selection. If it gets scheduled I will be so pleasantly surprised!

That's my plan. We'll still book the hard-to-get FP and then change if necessary. I'm hoping it's not done for good. We have a trip tentatively planned for next June and I'd love to do it again.

I spoke to an agent online this morning and he said that EMM is seasonal and told me that the after hours package was a good option to look into. So it doesn't look like they are going to have it after October to push the after hours. I really hope it comes back!

I spoke to an agent online this morning and he said that EMM is seasonal and told me that the after hours package was a good option to look into. So it doesn't look like they are going to have it after October to push the after hours. I really hope it comes back!
Well except they aren't offering After Hours in Oct/Nov/Dec right? I'd love to look into it but I don't think that's possible.

I know the CMs say what they are instructed to, but that's a ridiculous answer.
They did the same thing with the Express transportation: "No ET now, but we offer you a Minnie Van... only in a couple of deluxe hotels, or the new gondolas... in two years!" :headache:
How is it the same? Nothing in the morning, but look, late in the evening... SQUIRREL! :confused3

I don't think one thing has anything to do with the other. After hours is not a new concept it's always been offered in the winter ... so I don't think the fact that they released after hours has any correlation to EMM. With that said, I think that's a longshot to think that EMM is going to be added in general this late in the game.

True they don't have anything to do with one another but if they were just trying to focus on after hours sales then it would make sense. And if the cast member I spoke to today is right that it is a seasonal offering then having it switched up also makes sense. I do just hope it comes back.

Just curious if anyone has called again about this and gotten a different answer? I've made my fast passes and pretty much given up hope that EMM will be had, but I guess there is the small chance that the site gets updated 9/30.

Just curious if anyone has called again about this and gotten a different answer? I've made my fast passes and pretty much given up hope that EMM will be had, but I guess there is the small chance that the site gets updated 9/30.

I am holding out hope for 9/30 but I'm a glutton for punishment so I called. :-) They knew nothing "new". Just "the event is not updated past October at this time."

If months past Nov/Dec were updated on the site, I would have no hope. But since they are not, I still have hope for 9/30 or 10/1 updates :-).

I am holding out hope for 9/30 but I'm a glutton for punishment so I called. :-) They knew nothing "new". Just "the event is not updated past October at this time."

If months past Nov/Dec were updated on the site, I would have no hope. But since they are not, I still have hope for 9/30 or 10/1 updates :-).

Thanks, at least that was a different answer from last time you called. It's like you play answer roulette when you call. You never know what answer you're going to get, but it seems like it's never the same!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!