Early morning magic/Resort Buses

JPM4

Mouseketeer
Hi
We have an emh for a morning at MK in August. I know when you want to get there for rope drop you want to get to the park early and take the bus that leaves an hour before the park opens. My question is during emh days do the buses start running at 7 for an emh of 8? And if so should we be on the first bus or could we wait a little bit and get there right before 8 and get in with the emh? Thanks

When we were at WDW earlier this month we wanted to be at AK for an EMH rope drop. Park opened at 7:00 am, the bus picked us up at 5:33 am.
I believe the buses start running to the parks approx 90 minutes before the parks open.

I believe the buses start running to the parks approx 90 minutes before the parks open.
In general, the buses are not tied to the parks' opening time.**

Normally, the buses start running every day at about 6:30, or earlier.

**EXCEPT on the days when there is a very, very early (7AM) EMH.
On those days, the buses will be running by about 5:30AM.

No worries-buses to Magic Kingdom "usually" start between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM.:)

32583979491_7cd82f74f4_c.jpg

After this trip, I can see why people are confused. I saw several Disney signs that stated buses start running an hour before parks open.

After this trip, I can see why people are confused. I saw several Disney signs that stated buses start running an hour before parks open.

Disney has always said that. It's never been true.

It's probably the old "under-promise, over-deliver" thing again, like they do with wait times. It's the only explanation that makes even a modicum of sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!