Early Park Admission and Hagrid's Motorbike ride

quoo

Mouseketeer
Hi all -

We are visiting Universal in late August for one day as part of our disney trip. I bought park to park passes and the unlimited express pass. Apparently this comes with early park admission to "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter". Does this mean we can go queue for Hagrid's Motorbike ride early? What should our strategy be? Does Universal have something like baby swap? I think my 8 year old will love this, but my 4 year old (5 at the time of the trip) will be too short, and honestly, he's a tamer ride kind of kid.

Also what would be good for me and the little guy to do while my husband and eldest ride / queue for hagrid?

So far, since Hagrids has been open, they've only done early park admission on the Studios side (includes Escape from Gringotts and the stores). Unless things change you won't be able to get onto Hagrids before normal park opening.

They do have baby swap. It's a bit different than Disney however. Your whole party will wait in the line and then they will direct you to a room near the exit of the ride that has benches and tvs. You'll wait there and the when the rest of the family is done with the ride they'll get you right on the next ride vehicle. I actually find it better than Disney's way since you don't have to wait through another line to get back on, it's much more efficient.

If you don't care to do baby swap for Hagrids I suggest riding some rides in the Dr. Suess area or going to play in the Jurassic Park playground. Both are great options for little ones.

Does doing early park opening make it then harder to get in line for hagrids? Then we’d have to ride the hogwarts express which I hear doesn’t start until park opening?

I’m not clear what you mean by that. Is that the first time it runs? So does it make more sense to just go to Diagon Alley first and skip early park opening? Can you go and ride one ride then walk over?

If IOA has early entry, head for hagrids line first
if that ride is your priority and willing to wait in its line until it opens
You can take HE to the other park (studios) when It opens or you can walk to that park

If studios is open for early entry, HE will start at 9:30 to IOA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter