Easiest way to add people to reservation

kniquy

DIS Veteran
It is questionable if 2 others will be joining us - when/if i need to add them - can i do it online or do i need to call MS. I don't want to do it online if i could somehow screw up the reservation, but at the same time i don't want to be on hold w/ MS for an hour if i can easily do it online

You can't do it online directly. You have to either call or you can email the info to MS, or use the chat feature. Email can take up to a week(or more) to get a reply. Chat works well for stuff like this, as the update will be in quasi-realtime and you won't have to be on hold for a hour.

Steve

It is questionable if 2 others will be joining us - when/if i need to add them - can i do it online or do i need to call MS. I don't want to do it online if i could somehow screw up the reservation, but at the same time i don't want to be on hold w/ MS for an hour if i can easily do it online
No dining plan?

Agree with Dean.

Rather than chat, I use email for this - there is an email link on the Members' website under the CONTACT US tab. Just be sure to include the reservation number and all the relevant info. I really like email option for three reasons:
1. I choose the time to send the email
2. I get an email back confirming that they did what I asked - they repeat the info I sent.
3. If there is any issue with CM knowledge / experience to complete my request, they have good access to supervision to get it right. :) (Usually not an issue with room requests or guest name changes).

Sometimes it takes a few days to get the response. I believe the CMs work these email requests as call volume permits, but unless the request is urgent (then I call & wait on hold), email gets the job done just fine with minimal effort on my part.

I don’t recommend using the email for this. I used it earlier this year and after 2 weeks of waiting i ended up using the chat feature and it worked like a charm.

After 1-2 weeks of additional waiting I received a response.

I’d say if you are in no kind of hurry and don’t care to wait for an excessive amount of time then use the mail option.

I don’t recommend using the email for this. I used it earlier this year and after 2 weeks of waiting i ended up using the chat feature and it worked like a charm.

I’d say if you are in no kind of hurry and don’t care to wait for an excessive amount of time then use the mail option.
Sorry you had a bad experience with email. I have never waited more than 2 or 3 days for a response and I email at least once for every trip we take.

I think I read somewhere that someone who was making a hard to get reservation just put the lead name on it and secured it, then called back to MS the next day to add anyone else. Something about just getting the the reservation they wanted as quickly as possible and done. Maybe they were afraid of tech glitches or something.

I haven't had issues with email and have been using it for years. Honestly, I just email them directly rather than off the website and still no issues. But the response time the last couple of years has been variable, anywhere from a few hours to 5-6 days. That's why I said if there was time, I'd email. But if there's some type of deadline, I'd either call or chat. I'd chat if no DP and call if there was a DP because it'll have to be canceled and rebooked whether adding or subtracting names.

Disney has a strange name order issue. Often when we add names they go to the top of the reservation name list and the original names on the list move down. Sometimes our guest ends up being the primary on the reservation.

:earsboy: Bill

Disney has a strange name order issue. Often when we add names they go to the top of the reservation name list and the original names on the list move down. Sometimes our guest ends up being the primary on the reservation.

Just wondering if that causes any problems - does it matter who they make primary?

Just wondering if that causes any problems - does it matter who they make primary?

It doesn’t.

I’ve had all sorts of funky name orders for our reservations since 2010 and it doesn’t make any difference whatsoever.

As an FYI, there’s really no downside to having extra people on the reservation so long as you aren’t getting a dining plan. They don’t cost you anything extra like the hotel rooms would charge for.

So you might as well just add them now. If they cancel later, I wouldn’t even bother removing them.

You will need to add the dining plan for EVERYONE on the reservation, just call and have MS add them. You need to do it 48 hours ahead and pay when you add them.

If I want to add someone on to a reservation after we add the dining plan, what is different about the process?
To add, it's a cancelation and rebooking of the DDP whether adding or subtracting. I wouldn't try this by phone and I doubt one can do it by chat.

So true. One time, my 11-year-old daughter was the lead on a resort reservation I had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!