Easter 2018 Qs

DisPhanatic

Mouseketeer
Good morning!

I've been to Universal a few times - once for an extended trip in May of this year (and twice in November for quick trips). Close friends of ours have never been and we were chatting this weekend about a spring break trip together. She works in the school district and cannot take time outside of school breaks so we are considering March 28 - April 3 (Weds - Tues). We would get in late Weds and have full days Thurs - Mon. Fly back Tuesday.

We would only stay at hotels with express pass. How bad are the crowds? I know Undercover Tourist has 8-10 crowd ratings during those days. Has anyone been? Is it manageable if you know what you are doing and have express pass from the resort? I don't want their first time to be awful. My family would be along to help navigate / plan.

Thanks for the help!

Good morning!

I've been to Universal a few times - once for an extended trip in May of this year (and twice in November for quick trips). Close friends of ours have never been and we were chatting this weekend about a spring break trip together. She works in the school district and cannot take time outside of school breaks so we are considering March 28 - April 3 (Weds - Tues). We would get in late Weds and have full days Thurs - Mon. Fly back Tuesday.

We would only stay at hotels with express pass. How bad are the crowds? I know Undercover Tourist has 8-10 crowd ratings during those days. Has anyone been? Is it manageable if you know what you are doing and have express pass from the resort? I don't want their first time to be awful. My family would be along to help navigate / plan.

Thanks for the help!

I suggest you go with one of the deluxe hotels in order to get free unlimited ep
You will need it if crowds are going to be high levels.

And, I would book now and start watching the booking site in case the room rate decreases.
You can
always call and modify your rate if it comes down or if you have the AP and their discounts are released.

SMSM save more save more is a general code anyone can use.
on the UO website, you can see the dates and the discount % are for the seasons.
Some calendar dates for smsm require a 2-3-4 night stay

You could stay offsite the arriving night of that late Wednesday and uber to the onsite hotels early the next morning about 6:30 am
to save more money, check out of the deluxe hotel on Sunday and have your luggage held at the hotel.
move to a cheaper offsite hotel to stay for Monday night.
Your hotel ep is valid for check out day and you would be covered for that Monday with ep

Just depends if you need to save money and do not think you can swing all 6 nights onsite.
2 nights off site and 4 nights onsite might be easier on your budget.

Since your first visit would be in a high crowd level period, I would definetly stay onsite.
If crowds are too much for you, so easy to go back to the onsite hotel for a short break.
It will not take that much park time to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter