Easter Brunch

tink20

DIS Veteran
Just decided to have an Easter Brunch. I know I am going to have a ham, but need some ideas for the rest of the menu. Any help appreciated. (Any recipes links also appreciated)

One year, at Christmas, we hosted a brunch w/ ham as the main entree & served the following to go w/ the ham:

Pineapple Dressing - this goes so well w/ ham - it's almost like a pineapple bread pudding
Sausage & Wild Rice Casserole
Hash Brown Casserole
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Frittata
Cheese Grits
Cinnamon Pear Compote
Fresh Fruit
Biscuits and Gravy

Since it was Christmas, we also served a sweet potato souffle in individual orange cups.

I also made some Christmas-specific "desserts" that went well w/ brunch-y items (Hot Chocolate Tiramisu, Cranberry Orange Tart, & Egg Nog Coffee Cake), but you could do more Easter-specific & more "springy" desserts and/or breakfast pastries like maybe strawberry shortcake, carrot cake cupcakes, a blueberry coffee cake, lemon squares, or powdered sugar donut holes...

EDITED TO ADD - A good springy salad to add would be a Strawberry Spinach Salad.

Last edited:
Just decided to have an Easter Brunch. I know I am going to have a ham, but need some ideas for the rest of the menu. Any help appreciated. (Any recipes links also appreciated)

I am most likely also hosting brunch and would add to the ham with some type of biscuit or dinner rolls (pillsbury is my go to) some type of potato—most people like scalloped potatoes with ham, roasted asparagus, fruit salad and maybe deviled eggs. We also sometimes buy a nut roll or apricot roll. I am making sugar cream pies for dessert.

Most often we do:

Meat (ham or turkey)
Quiche or an egg bake of some kind
potato casserole (see below)
strawberry salad (see below)
roasted asparagus
fruit platter
bagels or something else carby like baked French toast (see below for my favorite one)

Cracker Barrel Copycat Potato Casserole

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/cracker-barrels-hashbrowns-casserole-copycat-15242

Crème Brulee French Toast (I always prep the night before.)

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/creme-brulee-french-toast-recipe2-1950186

Strawberry Salad

Dressing

¾ c red wine vinegar
½ c canola oil
½ c sugar
2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 T paprika
Pinch of salt

Put all ingredients in a small plastic container with a tight fitting lid, shake well to blend. Refrigerate overnight for best results. Shake again before tossing with salad.

When ready to serve, toss:

1 bag mixed field greens
8 oz monterey jack cheese
1 pt – 1qt strawberries (to taste)
Sliced almonds or almond accents, to taste
Dressing

There will be enough dressing for several salads.

All these ideas sound wonderful!
We will do a sweet potato casserole, something green and a salad. Our favorite rolls are Sister Schubert yeast rolls-and lots of prosecco

I hav 2 words for you...

Tonga Toast.

It goes great with ham and you can find the recipe for the toast and compote online

Deviled eggs
Strawberry spinach salad
Fruit platter

Since it's brunch I would add an egg casserole dish.

One year, at Christmas, we hosted a brunch w/ ham as the main entree & served the following to go w/ the ham:

Pineapple Dressing - this goes so well w/ ham - it's almost like a pineapple bread pudding

Would you be willing to share the recipe for the Pineapple Dressing. It sounds great! Thanks

I am most likely also hosting brunch and would add to the ham with some type of biscuit or dinner rolls (pillsbury is my go to) some type of potato—most people like scalloped potatoes with ham, roasted asparagus, fruit salad and maybe deviled eggs. We also sometimes buy a nut roll or apricot roll. I am making sugar cream pies for dessert.
I use the red lobster mix oh so good!!

Dh always had ham, spinach and eggs (scrambled) growing up so when our kids were small, that’s what he used to make. I’m Jewish so didn’t celebrate Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter