Eat at Home 3!

Monday: Caesar angel hair pasta http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a49951/caesar-angel-hair-recipe/
Tuesday: Beef, tomato and acini de pepe soup (in the slow cooker) https://www.skinnytaste.com/beef-tomato-and-acini-di-pepe-soup/
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Black bean burgers, sweet potato fries, tomato soup
Friday: Going to outback steakhouse with a gift card I got for my birthday
Saturday: Going to a wedding for a friend I do my workout classes with
Sunday: Italian wonderpot and salad https://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/05/italian-wonderpot/

Sat- veggie and noodle stirfry
Sun- lamb cutlets, peas and blue cheese mac and cheese
Mon- grilled cheese/baked beans after late swimming practise
Tues- sausages/crumbed fish and salad
Wed- tuna patties and veg
Thurs- corn fritters and salad
Fri- takeaway, likely pizzas. End of year choir concert.

Monday - Chili and Cornbread

Tuesday- Chicken-n-Pastry , Peas,

Wednesday - BBQ Ribs, Mash, Baked
Beans, Cressent Rolls

Thursday- Stuffed Shells, Caesar Salad
Garlic Bread

Friday- All going in different directions so
will be leftovers or sandwiches.

Monday - take out
Tuesday - southwest chicken salad
Wednesday- tacos/ corn on the cob
Thursday - Harvest chicken salad (apples, cranberries, pecans, feta)
Friday - black bean burgers/sweet potato fries

So, I'm planning as I go b/c I picked up fresh medjool dates, fresh cranberries, and fresh pomegranates this week (thank you Aldi for the deals on these, b/c I'd never use these without a deal:)), and I've never, ever cooked with the dates before this week, so I'm getting inspired as I go:)...

Sun - Crab and Shrimp Ravioli in a Pesto Sauce, Fresh Date and Cranberry Muffins (combo worked WAY better than I thought - rather than be complicated, used a base muffin recipe with just 1/2 cup of sugar in batter, but sprinkled sugar on undiced crans, flour on diced dates, and sprinkled the tops of the muffins - perfect sweetness and taste throughout - great sweet and sour effect:))...
Mon - Pork and Veg Dumplings, Tator Tots, Green Grapes
Tues - Fresh Date, Pomegranate, Ginger and Soy Tossed Chicken Tenders (baked, then tossed in homemade cooked sauce with extra pomegranate seeds on top - adapted a chicken leg recipe), Mashed Potatoes, Cucumber Dill Salad

Edit to add Wed and Thurs plans:).

Wed - Steakhouse Burgers, Onion Rings, Roasted Carrots, Homemade Sweet Potato Pie for dessert
Thurs - Homemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with Sauteed Spinach on Top, Pomegranate Seeds and Apple Slices (to cut the richness:))

Still thinking rest of week, but gonna make a fresh cranberry blueberry muffin - that will be a new combo for me:)...

Last edited:
Sunday I made tacos
Last night I had leftovers
Tonight I made chicken pot pie from Costco
Tomorrow will be chicken parmigiana with garlic bread
Thursday will be leftovers
Friday is breakfast for dinner
Saturday is leftovers

Cooking for one has been hard as I still cook way too much. It at least gets me a few meals though

There is nothing better than cooking chicken on the bone. Why? It keeps the meat moist and tender and adds a ton of flavor. Chicken breasts are people’s go-to cut of meat if they are trying to eat healthy, but I challenge you to try a chicken thigh. They get a bad rap because they have more fat, but that’s true only if you eat it. Here’s a trick. Trim off any excess fat. Peel the skin away from the thigh but don’t throw it away. Season the meat and add some fresh herbs. Pull the skin back over the thigh and roast it. Next, mix up a (sort of) BBQ sauce by combining honey with apple cider vinegar. When chicken is almost done, pull the crispy skin away and drizzle the honey mixture over the chicken. Return it to the oven for a few minutes and repeat. When the chicken is done, discard the skin and enjoy the tender, juicy, flavorful meat: https://meal5.com/simple-healthy-recipes/how-make-roasted-chicken-thighs

Monday: Oven fajitas https://www.budgetbytes.com/2013/02/oven-fajitas/, chips and salsa
Tuesday: Fettuccine alfredo with peas and bacon
Wednesday: Either leftovers or frozen pizza
Thursday: Going to my aunt's house for Tgiving dinner. It will be the traditional meal. We are bringing the wine and beer
Friday: We always get sent home with Tgiving leftovers.
Saturday: Appetizer night-jalapeno poppers, boneless wings, and either nachos or cheese fries (this is my H's favorite)
Sunday: Any leftovers/clean out the fridge and pantry

So, I don't know yet how the week will go totally, but I do know Wed/Thurs/Fri:)...still deciding my early week...
Wed - Out date night (spouse's birthday) - kids will get frozen pizza and fruit
Thurs (I'm cooking)
Brunch (for parade): Cinnamon Rolls, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip with Sliced Apples and Pears
Dinner: Citrus Herb De Provence Turkey, Giblet Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Stove Top Stuffing (my only non-homemade item), Pear Cranberry Sauce, Fresh Green Bean/Mushroom/Onion Green Bean Casserole
Dessert: Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Pie with Salted Caramel and Whipped Cream
Fri - Leftover, leftovers, leftovers - I'll make a Stouffer's Mac and Cheese (one kid asked for Thanksgiving, but they'll have to wait) to supplement the food if we don't have enough carb leftovers:)

Edit: Tonight's plan (Sun)
Asian Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Mashed Savory Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Pineapple, Fresh Cranberry and Blueberry Muffins (using all the on sale produce that I'm not using much of on Thursday)

Monday's plan
Mozzarella Sticks w/ Marinara Sauce, Roasted Bell Pepper Salad, Pomegranates with Apple Slices

Tuesday's plan
Homemade Pancakes (Thinking Banana Chocolate Chip), Bacon, Pina Colada Smoothies

Okay, that's my week through Friday - I may have leftovers for Saturday, too, but I'll know after Thursday:)...

Last edited:
I got a job and I start Monday!!! *happy dance* Thank you all here for your support when I needed it. I really do appreciate the kind words and thoughts. It's a good job. The pay isn't as high as I was making, but the benefits and schedule are really good. So it balances out. Plus, it actually uses my education for once so I don't feel like grad school was a waste.

Here is my two week plan:

Sunday: Fried rice
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: Spaghetti with roasted red pepper sauce, broccoli, and garlic bread
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Thanksgiving- out with family
Friday: Appetizers- cheese and crackers, dip and chips, frozen app (1-2)
Saturday: L/O

Sunday: Turkey, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, gravy, and peanut butter pie (and my friend is bringing another dessert but I have no clue what)
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: Turkey tetrazzini
Friday: L/O
Saturday: L/O

@LilyWDW congrats on the new job.

This week will be simple and easy. I work retail but at least we aren't open on Thanksgiving and Friday we open at 9am which is only an hour early.

Today (off) I ran to the grocery and got some premade chicken paprika that I am having with salad
Monday (10-4) steak with sweet potatoes and zucchini
Tuesday (3-9:30) leftovers/frozen meal
Wednesday (12-8) we have a potluck at work so when I get home I will probably just do a sandwich
Thursday (off) doing an appetizer night at my Aunt's house, not into a full dinner this year
Friday (12-9:30) leftovers at work
Saturday (10-7) going out with the girls for dinner

M-roasted chicken thighs, roasted green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes
T-tacos, rice, corn
W-beef barley soup, salad, bread
Th- Thanksgiving at MIL
F-pizza
Sa-spaghetti

Menu Plan - week of Nov 18th
Saturday- traditional Thanksgiving meal
Sunday - leftovers
Monday- baked chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans
Tuesday - frittata, grits, bacon
Wednesday- off to Disney! :)

Monday: Scrambled eggs, pancakes, blueberries and strawberries
Tuesday: Beef burrito skillet (from the 'Girl who ate everything' website)https://www.disboards.com/threads/eat-at-home-3.3244055/page-121
Wednesday: I have my workout class. Leftovers
Thursday: Penne with alfredo sauce and broccoli and meatballs from the freezer
Friday: Black bean, corn, tomato and cheese quesadillas, sweet potato tots
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: We have a packed day, so I have no idea. It'll probably end up being frozen pizza.

Last edited:
So, we are out of Thanksgiving leftovers somehow already...so I'm cooking today...I don't have my full week plans yet, but thanks to Aldi's discounting 85-15 ground beef under $2.50/lb and selling fresh pico for $.79 (another thing they had to get rid of, on top of $.25 fresh cranberry bags - yes, I got 6 to freeze for breads and fresh sauces:)), I'm making CHILI today! So, here's today's and tomorrow's plan...

Sat - Beef and Bean Chili - toppings of cheddar cheese, sour cream, and chips to dip, Homemade Apple and Fresh Cranberry Muffins
Sun - Restaurant-style Nachos (chili, fresh guac, cheddar, sour cream, shredded lettuce, pico), Leftover Muffins - fun football food:)...

Okay, so I made the most awesome chicken wings last night lol. I just have to brag. The sauce was peanut butter, honey, sesame oil, coconut aminos (sub for soy sauce), garlic, and siracha. Sweet and spicy. It could have used a bit more siracha to turn up the heat some, but it was nicely balanced.

Eating leftover wings tonight. Tomorrow I am making the big turkey dinner.

This week:

Monday: Chicken pot pie casserole
Tuesday: BBQ meatballs with rice and steamed veggies
Wednesday: Dinner @ church
Thursday: Salsa chicken with rice and beans
Friday: Spaghetti bolognese
Saturday: Chicken and wild rice soup
Sunday: Christmas potluck!

Monday - chicken and peppers over rice
Tuesday - spaghetti
Wednesday - leftovers
Thursday - thai red curry
Friday - chili stuffed sweet potatoes

Last week I ended up sicker than a dog with a sinus infection and bronchitis. So it was a lot of soup and easy meals.

This week I feel much better and I got my hello fresh delivery today. So here are my plans

Sunday I had steak tacos
Last night I had macaroni cheese
Tonight will be chicken with thyme gravy, mashed potatoes, and roasted carrots
Wednesday will be pasta with pancetta, asparagus and homemade tomato sauce
Thursday is girls night
Friday will be buttered up steak with roasted potatoes and green beans
Saturday will be chicken enchiladas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter