Eat at Home 3!

*We are waiting for our new air conditioner to be installed, so I'm trying to use the stove and oven as little as possible. It's so incredibly hot in our house. :(

Monday: Tacos and refried beans.
Tuesday: Son's birthday dinner at MIL's.
Wednesday: Taco salad with leftover taco stuff.
Thursday: Turkey sandwiches, tossed salad.
Friday: Pizza
Saturday: Grilled chicken and pineapple, boiled small red potatoes with a mascarpone sauce.
Sunday: Oricchette pasta with olive oil, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, fresh garlic, drizzled with a balsamic glaze and topped with parmesan

Another busy week for us. Did some prep this weekend to make it a little easier. Our memorial day cookout left us with more leftovers than I expected, so that also cut down on cooking for the week:

Su- Summer Rolls w. shrimp (made peanut sauce to go with them)
M- Burgers, potato salad, coleslaw, roasted asparagus (and a yummy rhubarb/strawberry crisp!)
Tu- Repeat of Monday
W- Cold noodles with peanut sauce, peppers, cukes and chicken
Th - Tofu/Chicken Tikka with peas, rice - I have a work thing
F- Leftovers from Thursday
S- Homemade Pizza

Life has been super busy for us the past 2 weeks ( again ) We have done pretty good for eating at home- not great meals all the time, but not getting take out or going out to eat.
Just getting to post the remainder of this weeks meals.

Wednesday - grilled pork chops, potato/sweet potato with onions/garlic and a little butter in foil, grilled asparagus and tossed salad
Thursday - chicken kabobs, pasta and a tossed salad - second job so meal needs to be easy for hubby and boys to make
Friday - Thai Turkey and Rice lettuce wraps - or a date night! Kiddos will be going to the midway at the fair, so we usually do a date night that night.
Saturday - unsure...we will probably be at the Rodeo that is in town this weekend. Watching the bull riding, chuckwagons and all that fun stuff!

We are back on summer time schedule which means no school obligations and less frantic home life but work life is hectic- Kids stay at my inlaws over the summer Monday-Wednesday so dinners are fairly easy for me and DH.

Here's this weeks plan thus far-

Monday was hamburger soup (Pioneer Woman recipe, so good and easy)
Tuesday was large Chop't inspired salads with low fat ground turkey
Wednesday - rotisserie chicken with veggies, salad and mashed potatoes
Thursday- asian night-we do rice, a PF Changes chicken lo mein (freezer aisle) and homemade egg rolls
Friday-white chicken chili in the crock pot made with rotisserie chicken, jar of our favorite salsa, low sodium and chicken broth. I add great northern beans for filler for the kids but me and DH don't eat legumes
Sat- Ciabbata turkey sandwiches for lunch made with olive oil, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, banana peppers and mozzarella cheese, all melted/crisped in the oven and burgers/hotdogs for dinner, salad on the side
Sun- possibly turkey meat loaf- haven't fully committed since my younger daughter hates it.

We do brownies, cookies or ice cream sundaes for the kids depending on what I bake and we do treat ourselves to Menchie's once/week---so good! They have a pineapple dole whip flavor that makes me and DH miss WDW so much :(

WOW I am so glad I found this thread!! My fiancé and I are starting to put money away for our upcoming Christmas trip to WDW so this is gonna be a big help. In general I’m trying to cook at home more to save money and eat healthier- this thread is a great place to get meal ideas!

Here’s what we ate this week! I’m super proud that we only ate out once this week! Breakfast every day this week was scrambled eggs with avocado, and lunch most days has been either homemade salads or dinner leftovers.

Dinners:
Sunday - Grilled chicken, potatoes, and asparagus (it was perfect weather on Sunday for a bbq)
Monday - Pork chops, mashed sweet potatoes, mixed veggies
Tuesday - Whole grain pasta shells w/ marinara sauce & meatballs
Wednesday - Chicken breasts, baby red potatoes, broccoli, asparagus
Thursday - Turkey burgers with baked sweet potato fries
Friday - Dinner out at Disneyland (we’re local APs); I had a chicken caesar salad from French Market
Saturday - Baked chicken breasts, rice, veggies

Last edited:
Here is my next meal plan! Keeping it super simple as my health has not been great and my fatigue levels are super high so cooking has been difficult.
Breakfast: Yogurt, peanut butter crackers
Lunch: Salads (I have a lot of options for these)
Snacks: Popcorn, fruit bars, cottage cheese, apple sauce

Saturday: Frozen Pizza and salad
Sunday: Cookout with family (dinner)
Monday: Stir Fry with rice
Tuesday: (WFH) L/O
Wednesday: (WFH) Hot Dogs, Corn on the cob, and baked beans
Thursday: L/O
Friday: L/O
Saturday: Halibut

Sunday: Cajun Chicken Sausage Alfredo
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: (WFH) L/O
Wednesday: (WFH) L/O
Thursday: Breakfast (hashbrowns, eggs, toast)
Friday: L/O

Our half cow wasn’t ready this week so I am getting ready to head to the store and buy a bunch of chicken that is on sale at Kroger. Bone in chicken breast, 99 cents a pound! Plus our garden is producing. I love cheap grocery weeks.

Smothered chicken, brown rice, fried radishes
Chicken tacos, black beans, corn
Mexican soup and corn bread, fried radishes
Brats and cabbage
Pot stickers, chicken and broccoli
Chicken and dumplings and peas
Fancy chicken salad

I’ve planned:

Chicken legs
French dip
Lemon piccata chicken
Club sandwiches
And leftovers

We grilled a bunch of meats yesterday so that means less work during the week to make dinner!

Sun (off): steak, baked potatoes, cheesy garlic bread
Mon (8-5): balsamic chicken salad
Tue (8-5): Caribbean chicken sandwiches with pineapple and chips
Wed (1-10): shrimp and sausage spinach alfredo
Thu (off): bbq pork chops, baked pears, rolls
Fri (1-10): leftovers to clear the fridge before vacation!!!

WOW I am so glad I found this thread!! My fiancé and I are starting to put money away for our upcoming Christmas trip to WDW so this is gonna be a big help. In general I’m trying to cook at home more to save money and eat healthier- this thread is a great place to get meal ideas!

:welcome: I always check this thread when I can't think of what I should put on the meal plan for the week. Its so interesting to see what everyone else comes up with! No question that eating at home (and planning carefully) has saved my family a whole bunch of money since I got focused on it about a year ago.:welcome:

@neatokimmo - Fried radishes? I'm a little skeptical, but very curious. Our CSA always has different kinds of radishes, but I haven't found a preparation that I love yet.

This week I had a plan when I went to the grocery store, but pork loin and flank steak were both on sale super cheap, so I had to revamp our menu. I made a big crock pot of pulled pork yesterday, and froze a couple of meals worth of that. This should be the last week of craziness, then we are through end of year activities! My freezer stash is getting a little excessive, so next week I really need to ignore sales and work down our inventory.

Su- BBQ Pork sandwiches, potato salad, roasted cauliflower
M- Ginger beef & Broccoli stir fry w. noodles.
Tu- choir pot luck plus a piano recital - we may not have time to eat at the pot luck before we head , asian dumplings as backup for dinner
W - Burritos filled with either leftover stir fry or leftover BBQ pork
Th - Tofu scramble (tofu, pepperoni, zuccini, onions, tomato sauce over pasta)
F- School picnic - not sure what the food situation will be, but we have chicken pucks & rolls as a backup if we come home hungry

Menu Plan - week of June 4th
Monday - takeout pizza
Tuesday - grilled chicken Mexican salad
Wednesday- bbq roast, baked beans, coleslaw
Thursday - cube steak, roasted sweet potatoes and beets
Friday - chicken tikka masala over rice with naan

Menu Plan - week of June 9
Saturday- tikka masala (rolling from last week as did not make)
Sunday - meatloaf, rice, squash
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - pot roast
Wednesday- taco salads
Thursday - grilled salmon, rice, asparagus
Friday - burgers, baked beans, corn, coleslaw

A little late to the party...we plan from Friday to Thursday as Friday is shopping day:

Fri-lasagna
Sat-butter chicken, hot and ready pizza for the kiddies
Sun-Brinner (french toast, eggs, bacon, turkey sausages, fruit)
Mon-chicken burgers, corn on the cob, salad
Tues-french bread pizza
Wed-pork chops/chicken fingers and fries...not sure of veg yet
Thurs-leftovers and/or soup and grilled cheese

Happy weekend!! Here's what we ate this week:
Sunday - Leftover chicken & rice from the night before
Monday - We ordered Chinese takeout… I had every intention of cooking at home but I was EXHAUSTED. Fail.
Tuesday - Salmon (for me) and chicken (for the fiancé), smashed sweet potatoes, and a riced veggie mix (cauliflower, carrots, and peas).
Wednesday - Whole grain pasta with marinara sauce and meatballs
Thursday - Slow cooker chicken (with a delicious garlic honey glaze), potatoes, and carrots
Friday - Slow cooker leftovers
Saturday - We will be eating out tonight; most likely at Disneyland.

We have a lot of family visiting next week for my fiancé's Graduate Hooding so I'm sure next week's report will be full of restaurants :confused3

Today was much more hectic than I expected so we ended up having breakfast for dinner.(still better than ordering out).

I think tomorrow we’ll have ribs(what we were gonna have tonight).

Caribbean jerk chicken with peppers
Meatloaf
Roasted chicken
And leftovers

I hope everyone has a great week.

Spaghetti and kale salad
Alfredo and cucumber salad
Ground beef cauliflower goop (as my kid calls random stuff stir fried together)
Sausage and cabbage, cucumber salad
Big Mac salad with....cucumbers
Beef tacos
Soup beans, garlic biscuits, cucumbers again

The garden is getting ready to bless us with thirty cucumbers. We eat four or five at every meal.

The garden is getting ready to bless us with thirty cucumbers. We eat four or five at every meal.
I wish I had enough room (and a green enough thumb) to grow them - my kids eat cukes like they are going of style!

Our week looks like this:
Su- Buffalo Chicken salads
M- Tortellini Soup
Tu- Tofu stir Fry w. Noodles
W- Taco salad w. chicken
Th- Spaghetti and meatballs
F- Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I wish I had enough room (and a green enough thumb) to grow them - my kids eat cukes like they are going of style!

Our week looks like this:
Su- Buffalo Chicken salads
M- Tortellini Soup
Tu- Tofu stir Fry w. Noodles
W- Taco salad w. chicken
Th- Spaghetti and meatballs
F- Pulled Pork Sandwiches

We use 4x4 raised beds and got 65 pounds out of it last year!

We have been doing pretty good here the past 2 weeks with at home meals. Last week, on the one night hubby was up to cook supper, her was just toooo tired from work, so he and the boys did go out to eat while I was at the second job.

M- steak with asparagus bites, pasta, corn on the cob and tossed salad
T- Beef stew - I'm working second job - so i'll start it, hubby will finish it
W- beef dip sandwiches and fries and salad for me
Th- chili and garlic bread - working second job again so i'll start and hubby will finish it
F- honey garlic chicken, oven roasted potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts and salad
The weekend...not sure what our plans are yet, we might head to the lake for Father's day weekend of fishing, shooting and riding our atv's

Menu Plan - Week of June 16th
Saturday- spaghetti
Sunday - steaks, baked potatoes, salads
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - Asian chicken with peppers over rice
Wednesday - grilled tilapia, squash, rice
Thursday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Friday - pizza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter