Eat at Home 3!

I am buying bone in chicken breast this week so I can roast it, then make stock from the bones. I also have fresh vegetables to use up before they go bad.

Sunday - spaghetti, veg mix (squash, okra, tomato, green bean, peppers..whatever is in the garden)
Monday - chili on roasted potatoes
Tuesday - Roasted chicken, creamed spinach, squash casserole
Wednesday - chicken salad sandwiches, green salad
Thursday - Chinese dumplings with chicken instead of pork. Veg mix from garden.
Friday - pot roast, mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, a veg I will need to buy
Saturday - leftover roast repurposed into tacos. Fried okra.

If I am able to stick to this I will only need bone in chicken, onions, eggs, crackers, and one green veg. Maybe dumpling wrappers if we get lazy.

Not sure the order yet, but this is the plan for meals this week:

steak and potatoes au gratin
chicken wraps and veggies/fruit and chips
smothered Tex-Mex chicken with beans and corn
hot dogs and fries
spaghetti and meatballs
soy ginger pork chops with carrots and teriyaki noodles

My mom is visiting...still figuring out the week, but I have 2 days:)...

Sun - NY Strip Steaks (got a great deal and my mom loves steak), Carmelized Onions, Baked Fries, Coleslaw, Strawberries/Blueberries
Mon - Beef, Black Bean, and Corn Chili, Double Blueberry Muffins, Pina Colada Smoothies

Ok, another week , another menu

Today- everyone is just snacking and making themselves something. I just didn’t feel like making a big meal.
Monday- Falafel/tzatziki/red onion/cucumber/spinach pitas (buffalo chicken for ds)
Tuesday- Shepard’s pie, cauliflower
Wednesday- veggie burgers, fries, garden salad (chicken burger for ds)
Thursday- Lentil soup, homemade bread

Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday - Last long weekend of summer at the cottage ! There will be 12 of us, and while I know I will be helping with the cooking and bringing groceries , my parents do the menu planning so I have no idea what I’m responsible for just yet.

Stuck to the plan last week except didn't make the Mongolian Pork Chops (will make later--just never got around to thawing pork). The chicken salad was a lot of work, but extraordinarily good.

This week:

Monday: Goan green chicken, basmati rice, leftover salad with leftover homemade ranch
Tuesday: Poblano rellenos filled with chicken and beans (not battered or fried--trying to be healthier here), salad
Wednesday: Pitas topped with Greek salad and hummus
Thursday: Slow cooker green chicken chili
Friday: Thomas Keller's recipe for flat iron steak and french fries (deep fried, not oven fried, cause the rest of the week we behaved)

Sunday: Philly Cheese Steak Wraps, Broccoli Fries
Monday: Left over cheese steaks or chicken and mashed potatoes from Saturday
Tuesday: Chicken Enchiladas, Black Bean/Corn dip
Wednesday: Pasta, Garlic bread, Salad (spaghetti squash for me)
Thursday: BBQ chicken, baked apples, green beans
Friday: Pizza

Another week...trying to menu plan for what we have in the house...use up what is in the fridge and pantry.
Sunday - grilled porkchops, perogies, and caesar salad
Monday - ( working second job ) grilled burgers, veggies and dip
Tuesday - grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, salad of some sort
Wednesday - chicken pot pie, salad
Thursday ( working second job ) Hubby and kids will hit Costco for supper as he will be picking up a few items to go to the lake for the weekend and stock up of a couple of items.
Friday - long weekend...going out to the lake so hotdogs, hamburgers, and easy meals.

Menu Plan - Week of Aug 25th
Saturday- Chinese takeout
Sunday- meatloaf, rice, asparagus
Monday- leftovers
Tuesday - butter chicken, peas
Wednesday- pizza, salad
Thursday - beef stroganoff, squash
Friday- fish and chips, salad

No plan for this week. I found out Thursday that my dad has passed away so I am having to travel tomorrow until Wednesday to start dealing with that. So I will be eating out those days. Then Thursday and Friday I know I will want nothing to do with cooking so I have some frozen meals I bought already. Thursday will be either cheese tortellini with pesto or a chicken pot pie and Friday will be Palak Paneer with rice.

Hopefully Saturday I can start getting back to normal.

I am so sorry. Family emergencies trump meal planning.

My mom is visiting...still figuring out the week, but I have 2 days:)...

Sun - NY Strip Steaks (got a great deal and my mom loves steak), Carmelized Onions, Baked Fries, Coleslaw, Strawberries/Blueberries
Mon - Beef, Black Bean, and Corn Chili, Double Blueberry Muffins, Pina Colada Smoothies

Okay, so here's the rest of the plan...

Tues - Was Chili and Cheese Enchiladas, Corn on the Cob, Blueberries and Strawberries
Wed - Meatloaf, Ranch and Bacon Pasta Salad, Blackberries, Fruit Smoothies
Thurs - Chicken and Chickpea Curry, Rice with Peas, Red Grapes
Fri - Frozen Pizza, Caesar Salads, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Pool Potluck - I'm probably bringing either a homemade fruit tray or rice krispie treats

I am trying to clear out the pantry and freezer and stay out of the grocery store this week.

Lunches will be chili, soup beans, and salads.

Tonight I am doing chicken fried rice to use up leftovers.
Tomorrow we will have leftover pot roast.
Then I have already purchased...
Spaghetti (beef) on cheese tortellini
Sausage and peppers on rice
Taco beef rice pepper onion stuff
Cauliflower stir fry with beef and some awesome middle eastern spice my friend gave me
Some kind of beef Chinese veggie stir fry

I know I will need cream and bread. Maybe a few pieces of fruit. I have bunches of fresh and frozen veggies I will try to use up. Hopefully Kroger won’t have too many good deals because I am a sucker for $5 off 5.

I'm back from my first trip down to TN to handle stuff after my father's passing. I will have to go back at the start of November to do more. It was a mess but we got a lot more done then I thought we would. Also realized how much people loved my dad as we had so many offers of help and outpourings of support. Now I have to get back on eating at home and on diet since I also am going to Disney in like 27 days!

I am keeping it easy because my depression has been bad so it is hard to get up and do things. Easier is better as it's not as "scary" to do it.

Breakfast will be yogurt and nuts or breakfast burritos
Lunch will be salads or Cali turkey club wraps
Snacks will be dip with carrots, bell pepper, or pretzels

Saturday: Hot Dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad
Sunday: L/O
Monday: Brown sugar and dijon glazed pork roast, roasted sweet and red potatoes, green beans
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: L/O
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Okakodon and steamed broccoli
Saturday: L/O

Hugs to you, @LilyWDW. I am very sorry for your loss and for the difficult job of clearing out a parent's home. I hope that your spirits can lift a little before too long.

Doing the Boston Market Labor Day meal for tonight and eating leftovers with fresh sides from me (corn on the cob, strawberries) tomorrow. In the deal, we got 2 rotisserie chickens, 1/2 rack of ribs, 4 large sides, and 4 cornbread for under $30 (their Labor Day special online lets you add on a $1.99 whole chicken and use a $4 off $25 coupon - yeah:)...so, we'll enjoy the pool today and my Church's all day Labor Day picnic and family fun day tomorrow, and I won't really have work for dinner.

Our learning year starts Tuesday, so I'll probably wing the rest of this week's dinners as we settle in. I foresee a night of pasta (probably spaghetti and meatballs), a night of roast pork loin (I have a premarinated one), and a night of chicken sandwiches with roasted zucchini, coleslaw, caesar salad, spring pea salad, blueberry muffins, clementines/apples/more blueberries for the sides.

Menu Plan - week on 9/1
Saturday- burgers, pasta salad, cucumbers/tomato salad
Sunday - pork roast, corn, leftover pasta salad
Monday- out to eat
Tuesday- southwest chicken, mashed cauliflower, salad
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- spaghetti with meatballs, salad
Friday - grilled steaks, roasted sweet potatoes, green beans

I'm back from my first trip down to TN to handle stuff after my father's passing. I will have to go back at the start of November to do more. It was a mess but we got a lot more done then I thought we would. Also realized how much people loved my dad as we had so many offers of help and outpourings of support. Now I have to get back on eating at home and on diet since I also am going to Disney in like 27 days!

So sorry for your loss! Prayers that you're healing begins and that you can find ways to celebrate his life and love when you go to WDW.

I found some recipes that you make double of and then turn them in to new meals so I am freezing the half and saving it for next week. Went shopping Sat. so now I'll only have to go back next weekend for a few things we run out of. I'm also grilling some of the meats today so prep will be easier on other days. Not sure of the order, but here's the next two weeks:

Last night we had Cajun beef & beans w/rice.
The second half of that will turn into Mexican tater tot casserole for next week.
Tonight is grilled steak and grilled veggies with rolls.
Philly cheese steaks with tater tots
The extra cheese steaks will turn into Philly style pizza for next week.
Pesto grilled chicken with loaded salad
Extra chicken will turn into creamy chicken and spinach pasta.
Italian stuffed baked potatoes
taco shepherd's pie
Hawaiian ham & pineapple sliders w/fruit and chips
pork & waffles w/maple pear topping
sausage penne with veggies

Sunday: Gyros
Monday: Cook out at In laws
Tuesday: Pizza, Salad
Wednesday: Beef Enchiladas
Thursday: Popcorn chicken, mac and cheese, french fries
Friday: Chicken, rice, beans

This week:
Sunday - Family dinner out
Monday - Was supposed to be shrimp scampi but DH wanted to go out since he had a tough day at work (we live on the grounds of club he manages)
Tuesday - Shrimp Scampi, mashed potatoes (DH), pasta (me)
Wednesday - Crab Cakes, sauteed mushrooms, steamed broccoli, mac & cheese (dh)
Thursday - Smoked pulled pork (DH) broccoli, edamame
Friday - DH at work, I will probably grab a salad on my way home from work
Saturday- DH at work, I think I will have a cheese quesadilla with low-carb tortilla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!