Eat at Home 3!

Gonna jump in here. Trying to reduce our grocery budget so I want to do more meal planning

Mon: Chicken alfredo with veggies and french bread
Tues: Taco Tuesday
Wed: Breakfast for dinner (Eggs, bacon, pancakes)
Thurs: Grilled Chicken (kids) Steak (adults) with loaded baked potatoes and broccoli
Fri: Pizza (I have to work my 2nd job and my partner will pick up)

Menu Plan - Week of 1/19
Saturday- chili over sweet potatoes
Sunday- butter chicken, rice, naan, peas
Monday - grilled cheese/bacon sandwiches and tomato soup
Tuesday- leftovers
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- pot roast
Friday - Cajun sausage/rice casserole

Wanted to share an easy Instant pot meal

Chicken thighs boneless skinless
Olive Garden Italian salad dressing
Parmesean cheese

Pour 1 cup dressing into pot add chicken. Mix another cup of dressing with a quarter cup of Parm cheese. Pour on top.

Cook for 15 minutes on high
QR
Serve with rice yummy!!!

DH and I returned from WDW last night so back to normal cooking for me. He went to a dietician a few weeks ago because during his annual checkup his dr. recommended it since diabetes runs in his family. He wants to start eating more veggies and less carbs so he doesn't end up getting it. His mom controls hers pretty well with diet but he wants to not ever even be diagnosed. Here's what I got for this week:

Sun (off): chicken & veggie chipotle tostadas
Mon (8-5): taco taters
Tue (1-10): saucy beef and cabbage supper
Wed (off): chicken harvest salad
Thu (8-5): shrimp/ham and squash/corn stir fry
Fri (off): chicken pot pie
Sat (1-10): leftovers or grab something before work, DH will grab something after church

Wanted to share an easy Instant pot meal

Chicken thighs boneless skinless
Olive Garden Italian salad dressing
Parmesean cheese

Pour 1 cup dressing into pot add chicken. Mix another cup of dressing with a quarter cup of Parm cheese. Pour on top.

Cook for 15 minutes on high
QR
Serve with rice yummy!!!

Was the dressing thin enough to not get a burn notice?? I might need to add this to my list of IP recipes. Sounds yummy!

Second week of whole30:

Sunday: Lemon garlic mahi mahi, roast asparagus, roasted red potatoes
Monday: Sous vide ancho chili shrimp with cilantro lime cauliflower rice, salad
Tuesday: Chinese chicken salad
Wednesday: Crispy pan fried chicken thighs, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Thursday: Vietnamese meat balls, salad
Friday: Leftovers

Sun - Chipotle BBQ Baked Chicken Breast, Asian Salad Bag, Strawberries/Red Grapes, Biscuits
Mon - Bean and Cheese Enchiladas, Potato Soup (I'm bringing a crockpot of this soup for 12 to my Church's homeless shelter, but I'm making enough for 16, so we'll eat the rest, even though it doesn't exactly "match" dinner), Clementines
Tues - Crockpot Turkey Breast, Mashed Potatoes, Fresh Onion and Mushroom Green Bean Casserole, Blueberries
Wed - Turkey Club Sandwiches with Bacon/Lettuce/Tomato/Mayo, Baked Fries, Strawberries/Blueberries
Thurs - Patty Melts, Homemade Pasta Salad, Red Grapes/Blueberries
Fri - Frozen Dinner (Pizza, Dumplings, and/or Mozza Sticks) with Fresh Fruit Smoothies OR Leftovers
Sat - EDIT: Domino's $5.99 2 topping large pizza carryout deal - cheaper than I can buy it at the grocery, and will be a nice break for me without spending money, which is high on my list right now (Baking 2 desserts for 12 for the homeless shelter, so won't want to cook)

Last edited:

Was the dressing thin enough to not get a burn notice?? I might need to add this to my list of IP recipes. Sounds yummy!

No burn notice for me the cup of plain dressing on the bottom was pretty thin and the parm mixed goes on top of the chicken

We are on a modified Daniel fast for the next two weeks. Most meals will be vegan, with the exception of one chicken meal and one fish meal.

Wednesday:

Tikel Gomen
Salad

Thursday:
Detox Chicken Soup

Friday:
Black Bean Burgers
Roasted Potatoes
Green Beans

Saturday:
Vegan Chili

Sunday:
Grilled Fish
Baked Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Oil
Asparagus

Monday:
Crockpot Veggie Soup

Tuesday:
Chili Baked Potatoes

Friday: Frozen Pizza for kids, High protein pizza for adults by using ground chicken breast as crust.
Saturday: Baked Chicken Legs, Mac & Cheese
Sunday: Veggie Pizza
Monday: Spicy spinach Chicken Rolls, Sweet Potato Wedges
Tuesday: Buffalo Chicken Dip, Sweet Potato Wedges
Wed: Taco salad (using spicy black bean burger for meat)
Thursday: Zucchini squash lasagna

Menu Plan Week of 1/26

Saturday - parm/herb crusted fish, sweet potatoes, beets
Sunday - spaghetti, salad
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - Taco salads
Wednesday - Frittata, grits
Thursday - baked chicken with roasted potatoes and carrots
Friday - Pizza

Saturday: Nachos
Sunday: Butternut Squash Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Monday: Shrimp Fried Rice and Potstickers
Tuesday: BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders and Fries
Wednesday: Chicken Tikka Masala, Rice and Naan
Thursday: Spaghetti and Garlic Bread
Friday: Pizza

Halfway through Whole30, but still going, so these are all without rice/grains etc and the curries have coconut instead of dairy if applicable.

S--Turkey, green beans, mashed potatoes
M--Chicken Korma, cilantro cauliflower rice
T--Fish curry over a baked potato, veggie
W--Crab stuffed with mustard and coconut, veggie
Th--Crab Louis Salad
F--XO Pork with blistered green beans

We are finishing up our Daniel fast this week.

Wednesday:
Veggie Burgers
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Asparagus

Thursday:
Baked Tilapia
Veggie Fried Rice

Friday:
Potato Corn Chowder

Saturday:
Brown Rice Pasta with Basil Cream Sauce (almond milk for the "cream")
Seasoned Steamed Carrots

Sunday (Super Bowl fun to end the fast):
Copycat Hooter's Hot Wings
Tator Tot Waffle Sandwiches (a recipe my DD saw on FB that she wants to try)
Cheese Ball with Crackers
Nestle Tollhouse Cookie Bars

Monday:
Fundraising Dinner at my work

Tuesday:
We have tickets to see D~Capella in concert. We will go out to dinner before the concert. VERY excited about this concert!

My January whole month plan went better than my by the week plan. For February, I will be out of town for two dinners but I plan to cook in advance and leave it for the hubs. All the vegetable sides will be whatever is available when I grocery shop.

1 Indian chicken dish (I have a jarred red sauce from Aldi, can’t think of the name)
1 Indian chicken dish (I have jarred yellow sauce from Aldi, can’t think of the name)
1 terriaki pork loin
2 spaghetti
2 Alfredo
2 steak tacos
2 chicken taco salad
2 Ken’s sesame Asian chicken
2 pork dumplings and egg roll bowls
2 Thai chicken basil rice
2 cottage pies
1 meatloaf
2 lemon garlic chicken
2 chicken pot pie
2 cilantro lime chicken salad
2 pizzas

My shopping list comes out to $125 for dinners, less if there is a good chicken sale. I was also told Priceless has fifty pound bags of potatoes for $10. So I might grab one of those, and mash them and freeze it to get all th mess over at once.

Sun - Carryout Domino's Pizza, Chopped Mango and Red Grapes
Mon - Fried Chicken, Roasted ****ake Mushrooms and Onion with Green Beans, Sliced Strawberries, French Bread
Tues - Steak Fajitas (got a 1lb of Lemon Pepper Sirloin Steak at the grocery today for $2.50, so this was an easy call) with Baby Bell Peppers, Onions, Black Beans, and Avocados, Clementines and Blueberries
Wed - Baked Chicken Breast (Thai Peanut Sauce, I think), Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli, Sliced Strawberries and Green Grapes
Thurs - Chicken Salad Sandwiches (Celery, Grapes, Walnuts, Mayo) with Lettuce/Tomato, Baked Fries, Sliced Apples
Fri - Frozen Dinner (Probably Mac and Cheese), Salad Bag, Fresh Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

We were gifted some wild game so I am going to try to make it to see how it turns out.

Friday - Frozen pizza (no one was home to eat but DH and I)
Saturday - Venison sloppy joes, sweet potatoes
Sunday - Leftovers
Monday - Pheasant in orange sauce, broccoli and rice
Tuesday - Crispy Chicken salads
Wednesday - Enchiladas
Thursday - Leftovers

3C370234-2D5F-44D4-B68E-7480F5CCF038.jpeg

I just wanted to share my potato haul lol

They are utility grade which means you have some the size of tennis balls, and some bigger than my hand. It’s the “throw all the odds and ends into a bag”, bag. I am mashing the smaller ones tomorrow and freezing them. The big ones will be loaded baked potatoes for lunches. My kid is a potato junkie.

View attachment 379073

I just wanted to share my potato haul lol

They are utility grade which means you have some the size of tennis balls, and some bigger than my hand. It’s the “throw all the odds and ends into a bag”, bag. I am mashing the smaller ones tomorrow and freezing them. The big ones will be loaded baked potatoes for lunches. My kid is a potato junkie.

First thing I thought of with this weather was a loaded baked potato soup or a chowder (I make a cross between the 2 b/c I throw in all the extra veg of a chowder...but still do bacon and cheddar, too:)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter