Eat at Home 3!

Sunday: Chicken Tikka Pizza
Monday: Arroz con Pollo
Tuesday: Green Chile Carnitas Tacos
Wednesday: Pesto Chicken Pasta
Thursday: BBQ Pulled Pork, Mac & Cheese
Friday: Nachos
Saturday: Buffalo Chicken Nuggets, Salad

DH and I will be headed to a weekend marriage retreat this weekend. I am so looking forward to that. It is being held at a beautiful and serene retreat center in Georgia. Cannot wait to run away, just the two of us, for a few days!

Wednesday:
Pasta Carbonara
Garlic Toast

Thursday:
Chicken Pancit Bowls

Friday: (quick dinner before leaving for the retreat)
Pizza

Saturday:
Retreat

Sunday: (easy meal my DD's can have ready when we get home)
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Rice
Egg Rolls

Monday:
Italian Beef Sandwiches
Tator Tots

Taco Tuesday
Insta-Pot Taco Pasta
Cheese Quesadillas

Sunday: Cheeseburger macaroni, roasted squash and brussel sprouts
Monday: Turkey Breast, potatoes, salad
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Lasagna, garlic bread
Thursday: Spicy Chicken Rolls, baked potatoes
Friday: Frozen pizza

The feb monthly plan is going pretty well. I’ve had a few small changes here and there, but overall it’s way easier to have a month plan compared to a week plan.

For March, we need 27 dinners. I’ll buy whatever vegetables are on sale every week.
2 pizzas
Chicken Alfredo
One pan sausage vegetable bake (recipetin)
Sticky baked thighs (recipetin)
Beef burgundy
Lentil soup
Chickpea potato curry (recipetin)
Cottage pie (recipetin)
Crispy Parmesan chicken (recipetin)
Pork carnitas (recipetin)
Chinese chicken cashew (recipetin)
Quick garlic chicken (recipetin)
Sundried tomato spinach stuffed chicken (recipetin)
Chicken quesadillas (recipetin)
Ginger pork (recipetin)
Ribeye steak
Spaghetti
2 beef taco
2 chicken taco
Kung Pao chicken (recipetin)
Lemon chicken green salad
Greek chicken (recipetin)
Thai coconut soup
Taco Mac

Reciptineats.com is a great website for affordable meals. Once you get the basic seasonings and sauces in your pantry, you can make lots of stuff. This plan averages out to $5.50 a meal, some of my beef is grass fed, but some of my chicken was just 59 cents with the clicklist coupon.

Sunday: Balsamic Meatloaf (HelloFresh meal)
Monday: Taco Soup
Tuesday: Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
Wednesday: Salsa Chicken
Thursday: Shepherd's Pie
Friday: Order in for family movie night
Saturday: Freezer Meal

Have a great week!!

So, we swapped date night to Friday and used some deals from TMobile and Local Flavor to make it an uber-cheap event...and so, now I have meal plans for Sat to change. There are no leftovers in my fridge and my spouse is beer-brewing, so here's the plan...

Sat - Stouffer's Mac and Cheese, Roasted Broccoli, Strawberries and Bananas
Sun ($5/lb shrimp deal at grocery too good to pass up - post-Church meal, so needs to be done in 10 minutes:)) - Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp, Microwave Rice, Cucumber Dill Salad, Red Grapes
Mon - Chicken Fajita Bowls (popular last week, so doing again - with Zucchini, Bell Pepper, Onion...and topped with Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, and Avocado), Rice, Clementines
Tues - Lamb and Lentil Stew (with added veg from my coming HMart shop), Strawberries, Banana Choco Muffins
Wed - Leftover Stew for adults / Bagged Ravioli for kids, Wedge Salads
Thurs - Spaghetti and Meatballs, Sliced Apples
Fri - Leftovers or Frozen Red Baron Pizza with Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

So, we had no leftovers and we decided to do a lunch out on Saturday, so Friday, I stopped at HMart and got some beautiful fresh caught Yellowtail for under $4/lb filleted (it was under $2/lb for the whole fish, but I had them break it down b/c I didn't have time). I made Baked Yellowtail with a Herb and Pomelo Zested Butter - it was yummy. I also roasted asparagus and had strawberries with dinner...and then made a pomelo and lemon bar dessert. It was all fantastic. So, I moved Friday to Saturday and we had the pizzas yesterday with a homemade broccoli cheese soup (broccoli has not made it above $1/lb for a month, so we've been eating a LOT of it...I told the kids we may have to be ready to take a broccoli break whenever it goes back in price, which it didn't this week...and now for this week)...

Sun - Rotisserie Chicken (got a deal for $4/chickens, so chicken it is), Croissants (another deal), Strawberries and Red Grapes
Mon - Savory Turkey Tenderloin (preset flavor - was 1/2 off, which is my "buy" price), Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Double Blueberry Muffins
Tues - Nachos with Taco Beef, Shredded Cheese, Diced Avocado, Green Leaf Lettuce, Mild Fresh Pico De Gallo with Clementines and Strawberries
Wed - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloins (another 1/2 off deal), Egg Fried Rice, Stir Fried Broccoli
Thurs - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Spinach, Last of the Berries
Fri - Chinese Dumplings and Korean Steamed Buns with a quick-version of a jarred Tom Yum soup and Fruit Smoothies
Sat - ?? - Leftovers or "$5 Grocery Deal day" (we are eating out Sunday, which is not our norm, but a few kids are eating at Church Saturday, so this is gonna be thrown together for the rest of the fam)...

MenuPlan week of 2/23
Saturday- pork chops, stuffing, green beans
Sunday - Philly steak stromboli’s
Monday- leftovers
Tuesday - Greek salad
Wednesday- roast, mashed potatoes, squash
Thursday- leftovers
Friday - chili

Long time on boards and I have been watching this thread for awhile. It is just me. I am so horrible with meal planning in general but especially in the cold months. In spring and summer, I eat so many veggies.

I eat eggs but do not eat cheese/dairy/meat. I would love any ideas. I am so busy so living off of a batch of Brown rice and beans I make each weekend along with frozen veggies along with green juices several times a week. Need to at least maintain weight so higher calorie meals welcomed & appreciated

Any recipes for muffins, baked oatmeal, snack foods that freeze well are also appreciated. I have not had any luck so far.

Wedensday:
Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
Tator Tots

Thursday:
Philipino Chichen Pancit
Egg Rolls

Friday:
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Crescent Rolls

Saturday:
Smoked Chicken
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Oven Roasted Broccoli

Sunday:
Korean Beef Bowls

Monday:
Pesto Chicken Pasta
Garlic Toast

Taco Tuesday:
Chicken Tortilla Soup

Long time on boards and I have been watching this thread for awhile. It is just me. I am so horrible with meal planning in general but especially in the cold months. In spring and summer, I eat so many veggies.

I eat eggs but do not eat cheese/dairy/meat. I would love any ideas. I am so busy so living off of a batch of Brown rice and beans I make each weekend along with frozen veggies along with green juices several times a week. Need to at least maintain weight so higher calorie meals welcomed & appreciated

Any recipes for muffins, baked oatmeal, snack foods that freeze well are also appreciated. I have not had any luck so far.

Okay, trying for the higher calorie:)...

Vegetarian Chili - there are acres of recipes and ideas - and it would work with a "weekend" cook...and you could serve it as chili with toppings (diced avocado, crushed chips, diced tomatoes, sliced green onion, etc), a chili-baked potato, nachos, chili spaghetti, etc...so, you could do 3-4 days with the one recipe...

Pad Thai (or Cold Sesame Noodles) - Peanuts, Tofu, and Egg is a classic combo that doesn't need chicken or shrimp...and leftovers are still pretty good for a pasta leftover...

Falafel Sandwiches - if you used canned chickpeas, you can whip it up a batch of falafel pretty quickly

Roasted Root Veg in an Indian sauce (I use jarred, but you'd have to find the dairy-free ones without ghee or cream)...this one, Jalfrezi, is good https://www.target.com/p/pataks-jalfrezi-curry-simmer-sauce-medium-14-5-oz/-/A-16225144?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&CPNG=PLA_Grocery+Essentials+Shopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Grocery&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=1027289&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1247077&ds_rl=1246978&gclid=Cj0KCQiAwc7jBRD8ARIsAKSUBHJQ-XyvctPrJO2q5OHhgGo36FQ8jE45WavObMo82ZC1T0HSKANtFjsaAoAtEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds - my spouse likes this one - https://www.target.com/p/patak-s-ronga-josh-curry-sauce-15oz/-/A-47089550 make a tray of root veg (or any roasted veg) in the oven and then just toss the sauce on and serve with naan or over rice...

I'll keep thinking of more higher calorie (and low work) meals:)...

PS - The jarred Indian sauces combined with a coconut milk (or alone) can also make some amazing crockpot dried lentil and veg and/or dried bean and veg and/or chick pea and veg "stews" for over rice...

Last edited:
Joining in for ideas and sharing. I've got to save some money and eating at home seems to be a easy way to save for that 2020 Disney trip.

Monday - Bunless Hamburgers, Grilled veggies, & roasted sweet potatoes
Tuesday - Pulled pork BBQ, Slaw & corn
Wednesday - Baked Chicken, not sure on the sides yet
Thursday - taco soup
Friday Veggie Beef soup & corn bread

With plans to have enough left over for lunches too.

Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Buffalo chicken, sweet potato wedges, baked apples
Monday: Potato, broccoli, sausage casserole, leftover baked applies
Tuesday: Beef and chicken enchiladas, refried beans
Wednesday: Spaghetti, garlic bread, salad
Thursday: Baked Chicken strips, roasted green beans
Friday: Leftovers

This is a nice thread. I never eat out or get take out when I'm not on vacation, nowhere to go being the main reason and the choice of take out places is poor and expensive, which is why I cram so much eating out when I'm on vacation and every meal and snack is a huge treat. Saying that, having recipes is still awesome.

Just had my biometric screening today at work (it is something my insurance offers and you get a $100 gift card for doing it lol). I am down 8lbs! AND my cholesterol numbers are starting to move to normal! So yay! It is nice to see when things start to work.

Breakfast: Veggie hash with scrambled eggs
Lunch: Chicken and broccoli with zucchini noodles
Snack: Yogurt and fruit
Dinner:
Saturday: Halibut over pasta florentine
Sunday: Creamy cajun chicken pasta lightened up
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Out with my friend (this will be a cheat day because we will go to the "cheap" Mexican place lol)
Thursday: Tacos with roasted zucchini
Friday: L/O

Thank you so much,TwoMisfits.

I rarely eat pasta but I am wanting to include it in more meals. Seaseme noodles is a great idea. I keep meaning to pick up some root veggies and roast. I tend to stick to greens. Roasted veggies and Indian sauce would be easy/quick and will make multiple meals with rice or lentils.

I am going to try my hand at Falafel this weekend. How long so you think leftovers would keep?

Thank you again.

Thank you so much,TwoMisfits.

I rarely eat pasta but I am wanting to include it in more meals. Seaseme noodles is a great idea. I keep meaning to pick up some root veggies and roast. I tend to stick to greens. Roasted veggies and Indian sauce would be easy/quick and will make multiple meals with rice or lentils.

I am going to try my hand at Falafel this weekend. How long so you think leftovers would keep?

Thank you again.

You can probably store it 3-4 days, cooked or uncooked. If you cook it all at once, you will NOT want to reheat it in the microwave, but use the oven or a pan fry...

As for more ideas, I tend to have a lot of winter/spring vegetarian ideas since we observe Lent...and I try to do one fish day and one meatless day (so we actually have a sacrificial day, since I don't find fish much of a sacrifice...although one year, my spouse and I gave up all meats for the entire Lent with only one fish day a week...and boy, did those pans of roasted veg in Indian sauce over rice save multiple dinners a week - there's not a veg I didn't do, and I threw in some peanuts or chickpeas as I reheated veg with the sauce for protein (I had no problem roasting veg the night before or the morning of dinner...throwing them in the fridge and just warming in a pot with the add-ins:)...pretty much, a veg on sale became a veg in some Indian sauce (since we did do dairy, I had butter chicken and tikka masala also rotating in:))...I also did roasted veg Thai curries or some unroasted veg Thai curries the same way - coconut milk and some green or red paste with some Thai basil (or regular basil) and some brown sugar or salt/soy (fish sauce is the norm for green curry, but it's replaceable)...https://thrivemarket.com/p/thai-kit...cBd5zoR3i4jJgTknXrcmXV-uT-orgsE4aAqW5EALw_wcB or https://thrivemarket.com/p/thai-kitchen-red-curry-paste with fats taken care of by added coconut milk...and in the Thai curries, for protein, I tended to toss in firm tofu cubes (squeezed to be almost liquid-free:))...

Do you mind sharing what veggie hash is? I think meat when I think of hash and this intrigues me.
Its simply hash without meat. The one I made this time is red potatoes, bell pepper, onion, and zucchini. I also have used sweet potatoes, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, corn, asparagus, and I am sure more veggies I am forgetting. I try not to eat meat for breakfast as the most common options are highly processed which can be bad for my cholesterol and blood pressure. I have nothing against bacon and sausage in general, I just limit it.

So, we had no leftovers and we decided to do a lunch out on Saturday, so Friday, I stopped at HMart and got some beautiful fresh caught Yellowtail for under $4/lb filleted (it was under $2/lb for the whole fish, but I had them break it down b/c I didn't have time). I made Baked Yellowtail with a Herb and Pomelo Zested Butter - it was yummy. I also roasted asparagus and had strawberries with dinner...and then made a pomelo and lemon bar dessert. It was all fantastic. So, I moved Friday to Saturday and we had the pizzas yesterday with a homemade broccoli cheese soup (broccoli has not made it above $1/lb for a month, so we've been eating a LOT of it...I told the kids we may have to be ready to take a broccoli break whenever it goes back in price, which it didn't this week...and now for this week)...

Sun - Rotisserie Chicken (got a deal for $4/chickens, so chicken it is), Croissants (another deal), Strawberries and Red Grapes
Mon - Savory Turkey Tenderloin (preset flavor - was 1/2 off, which is my "buy" price), Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry Sauce, Double Blueberry Muffins
Tues - Nachos with Taco Beef, Shredded Cheese, Diced Avocado, Green Leaf Lettuce, Mild Fresh Pico De Gallo with Clementines and Strawberries
Wed - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloins (another 1/2 off deal), Egg Fried Rice, Stir Fried Broccoli
Thurs - Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Spinach, Last of the Berries
Fri - Chinese Dumplings and Korean Steamed Buns with a quick-version of a jarred Tom Yum soup and Fruit Smoothies
Sat - ?? - Leftovers or "$5 Grocery Deal day" (we are eating out Sunday, which is not our norm, but a few kids are eating at Church Saturday, so this is gonna be thrown together for the rest of the fam)...

So, stuck to the plan for the most part, but swapped in Cheesesteaks and Fries for the Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes on Thursday (still did the rest of dinner)...and swapped in a 2nd pork tenderloin for Friday, b/c it was so popular Wednesday - made that with Thursday's planned mashed potatoes, with a "leftovers of the week" white bean side (added last of spinach, last of guacamole, some garlic, white wine vinegar, hot sauce, and s&p)...

So, now for the new plans - I'll include today b/c I have a plan...thank you to Hmart for more amazing produce deals (99 cents strawberries - so, I may have picked up 4 containers - and they still haven't made broccoli cost more than $1:)...and for the next 7 weeks, there will always be a meat-free meal for Lent (and 2 this week), so it will be a little more work planning:)...

Sat - Stouffer's Meat Lasagna, Strawberries
Sun (with bad weather coming, changed plans to having lunch out, so needed a dinner plan:)...Crockpot Butter Chicken Stew with Veg (last of Dal, Gray Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Carrots, Onion), White Rice, More Strawberries
Mon - BLTAs (Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado), Baked Onion Rings, Mango/Grapes/Banana Fruit Salad
Tues (Mardi Gras) - Sirloin Steak with Carmelized Onion and Blue Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Hoison and Soy Glazed Broccoli, (and for the adults - fresh amaretto sours - lemons were a great deal, so we're making homemade sour mix to go with the Disareno)
Wed (Ash Wednesday - going meat and fish free to be sacrificial) - Scrambled Eggs, Veg Saute, Toast, Last of Strawberries
Thurs - Turkey Tenderloin, Stovetop Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole (with fresh onion and mushroom), Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Fri - Shrimp Alfredo over Spaghetti, Last of Green Leaf Salad (and Veg)
Sat - OUT

Saturday: Cheeseburgers, spinach artichoke dip
Sunday: Turkey Tetrazinni
Monday: Broccoli Cheese soup
Tuesday: Shredded BBQ chicken loaded baked potatoes
Wednesday: BBQ chicken salad
Thursday: Pasta and garlic bread sticks
Friday: Frozen pizza night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts