Eat at Home 3!

We ate at home last week, but I forgot to post my plan. And as my area has chilled out, and folks are seeing the data, I'm back to grocery shopping and scored at Aldi's and HMart this week...here's the plans (ps - my son didn't get his McD this weekend for our "take in" option, so we'll get that this week and then still go get something local Mem Day weekend)...

Sun - Fresh baked lemon butter dill tilapia fillets ($2.99lb today - I about cried in happiness:)), vinegar-based cucumber dill salad, apple crisp, crescent rolls
Mon - Korean-marinated pork rib, lentil, and veg stew, dairy-free naan, blueberries and watermelon
Tues - Ritz cracker and fried onion coated and baked chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, strawberries and blueberries
Wed - Chicken, bell pepper, green onion and pineapple thai curry, rice, fresh cherries
Thurs - BLTAs, baked fries, berry salad (last of strawberries, blueberries, cherries, pineapple)
Fri - McD takeout
Sat - BBQ Outside - We only have a hibachi, so to feed 6, we have to be creative - we're gonna do hot dogs and veg skewers (since the veg can sit) and then roast marshmallows and make smores for dessert (ps - I might roast bananas, too, for "sundaes", but that's TBD)

So, I'm late to posting, but not to cooking:)...here's the plan...

Sun - Korean BBQ Chicken and Veg (Cauliflower, Onion, Carrot) Stir Fry, White Rice, Strawberries and Blueberries
Mon (Our 1st EVER Grilling) - All Beef Uncured Hot Dogs, Corn on the Cob, Cherries, and Jumbo Roasted Marshmallow (this dinner could not have been a bigger hit - definitely a lift for the kids)
Tues - Rotisserie Chicken, Roasted Broccoli, "Cheesy" Grits, Fresh Pineapple
Wed - Gonna try a Chicken and Sausage Gumbo (this week's fresh okra inspired me) with Strawberries and Cornbread - we'll see how this goes:)...
Thurs - Honey Garlic Pork Loin, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Beet and Apple Salad
Fri - Pizza Night - Frozen Red Baron for the fam, and a homemade pizza for me, Fruit Smoothies, Coleslaw
Sat - Takeout or Go Out - if we finally open, we'll try to "sit in" to help a local restaurant...if not, I'll have a new plan:)...

This week:

Slow cooker potato soup (recipe )
Chicken marinated in Italian dressing and baked, cucumber/tomato/feta salad
Turkey burgers with feta and red pepper, steak fries
Turkey meatloaf from the freezer, mexican street corn off the cob
Black bean enchiladas, brown rice

Menu for the week:
Saturday: Pizza
Sunday: Veggie sandwich, Fruit, Chips
Monday: Dinner at in-laws
Tuesday: Tacos, fruit
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Unstuffed bell peppers
Friday: Leftovers

Tonight: Spaghetti with red sauce (I had half a block leftover of cream cheese from another recipe, I added to it), cucumbers with veggie dip
Tomorrow I have a work meeting, they are bringing catering food in

Then not sure the order (will same leftover nights too):

Chocolate chip pancakes, fruit
Almond crusted chicken, couscous, broccoli
this chicken recipe , salad
Meatloaf, mash potatoes, green beans

I have been cooking all week, but somehow forgot to post:)...

Sun - Beef and Black Bean Chili, Homemade Cornbread, Strawberries and Grapes
Mon - Korean Pork Belly and Veg (Beet, Carrot, Celery, Onion) Stir Fry, Homemade Grits, Strawberries and Grapes
Tues - Baked Chicken Breast Sandwiches, Homemade Baba Ghanouj with Pita, Strawberries/Blackberries/Cherries, Homemade Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Wed - Shrimp, Pineapple, Bell Pepper, Carrot, and Onion Thai Red Curry over Rice, Daity-Free Naan, Strawberries and Cherries
Thurs - Baked Ritz and Fried Onion Chicken Tenders, Roasted Broccoli, Fresh Pineapple and Clementines
Fri - Dairy Free and Regular Mac and Cheese, Green Salads, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT (gonna do an outside sit down, weather willing - if not, takeout)

Saturday: Take out from local Greek place
Sunday: Birthday dinner with family
Monday: Chicken roll ups, roasted cheesy asparagus
Tuesday: Black bean corn dip with chips
Wednesday: Hamburgers, leftover asparagus and dip
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Pizza

Hi All,

I've still been cooking but nothing special and I forgot to post. Not that ya'll missing anything lol

The past meals included:
Grilled chicken drumsticks, roasted ranch potatoes and veggies
Gyro kit from Costco turned into gyro salads with homemade dressing and toasted pita bread
Shrimp boil with baby potatoes, corn on the cob, and sausage
Chicken and mushroom marsala with noodles and strawberry pecan salad
Steak quesadillas, pineapple salsa, guac, and chips
Beef and broccoli with cauliflower rice and potstickers
Fish tacos with coleslaw and pineapple salsa

Wed: Smothered pork chops and rice with green beans
Thur: Breakfast bowls with leftover grilled steak, eggs, peppers and potatoes (unless I turn into breakfast burritos and freeze for later)
Fri: Meatloaf (still haven't made one!) with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts
Sat: Pizza salad
Sun: Ribs, corn on the cob, coleslaw

Ya'll continue to stay safe and healthy.

I forgot to post! Yikes! So here is for the week we are currently in.

Breakfast: Avocado toast, hardboiled eggs, fruit (mango, strawberries, raspberries)

Lunch: Random wraps and sandwiches

Dinner:
Sunday - Tuesday: Spicy peanut chicken and vegetables
Wednesday: Steak, baked potato, roasted zucchini
Thursday/Friday: Red curry shrimp, rice, zucchini and onions
Saturday: Fried rice (will use whatever extra veggies I have so they don't go to waste)

I'll be doing a bunch more grilling Sunday to take care of meats for the week. Then each night I'll just have to throw together the rest of the meal. Some of the meals are using extra stuff I have on hand so I didn't have to buy too much either.

steak burgers with fries
sausage and veggie pita pockets
fajita salad
grilled chicken with fire roasted tomatoes, green beans, and biscuits
grilled tropical pork tacos with pineapple and avacado
Tex-Mex hot dogs with cantaloupe

This weeks plan:

Breakfast: Veggie scrambles and toast

Lunch: Pepper steak (with more veggies then steak) and rice

Dinner:
Tonight: Veggie fried rice and leftover veggie rolls
Sunday/Monday: Asian chicken lettuce wraps and roasted Japanese sweet potatoes
Tuesday: Mediterranean fish and vegetable parcels and roasted potatoes
Wednesday-Friday: Thai red curry with veggies and rice
Saturday: Spicy shrimp sushi bowls

Back from TJs and Publix...bring on the new week!
(not sure what order)

-Grilled chicken caesar pasta salad
-Tortellini in broth
-Skinnytaste beef, tomato, acini de Pepe soup
-Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli
-TJs Mini tacos, yellow rice

I keep forgetting to post meals I have planned for the week. I am having some health issues and so I really need to eat as healthy as possible. If anyone has any good vegetarian dishes I would love to see them. I do well with eating fruit but struggle with the veggies.

Sunday: Texas Roadhouse carry out for Father's day. I had grilled chicken, green beans, plan mashed potates. I only ate half and brougth the other half to work for lunch.
Monday: Unstuffed Bell Peppers with no meat. Red Peppers, rice, tomato sauce, little Parmesan cheese. DD and DH have to work so they won't eat at home
Tuesday: DD wants homemade mac and cheese, I will have sweet potato hash
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken and zuchinni, fruit
Thursday: leftovers
Friday & Sat: Traveling out of town to visit family.

I'm really good at planning really bad at posting. I will try to do better. Working full time with a couple of chronic illnesses and running a household takes most of my time.
Monday was chops, cauliflower "mac" and cheese, beans
Tuesday is sheet pan shrimp "boil" which I sub the potatoes with cauliflower and the chorizo with Turkey smoked sausage, I will include an ear of corn for DH
Wednesday is Sloppy Joes with bacon kale
Thursday is taco night with refried black beans
Friday is grilled steaks, grilled cauliflower and a grilled romaine salad
Saturday, eat out for my birthday
Sunday is roasted turkey breast with mashed cauliflower and green beans
Monday is grilled flounder with asparagus
Tuesday is a salad with salmon
Wednesday is grilled turkey burgers
Thursday is chicken with roasted sweet potato
Friday chops with roasted veggies

Had a bad start to the week. Saturday my grandmother asked for all the adults and the priest to come to the house. So I ended up spending the afternoon/evening over there. Once the priest left, she pretty much fell unconscious and has not really woken up since. So I ate out that night (thanks to my aunt and uncle buying food/drinks for everyone). Sunday my depression was super bad and there was no way that I was going to be cooking so I ordered in a Thai feast. Warm and comforting which is what I needed. Then last night I just was not in the mood for anything so ordered McDonald's.

Hopefully I can get back into a flow starting tonight.

Breakfast: Roasted potatoes and cabbage, eggs, bacon, and peaches

Lunch: Cashew chicken and rice

Dinners:
Tuesday/Wednesday: Veggie flat bread and salad
Thursday: Dijon baked salmon, roasted asparagus
Friday/Saturday: Chicken Japanese curry, rice

I keep forgetting to post meals I have planned for the week. I am having some health issues and so I really need to eat as healthy as possible. If anyone has any good vegetarian dishes I would love to see them. I do well with eating fruit but struggle with the veggies.

Sunday: Texas Roadhouse carry out for Father's day. I had grilled chicken, green beans, plan mashed potates. I only ate half and brougth the other half to work for lunch.
Monday: Unstuffed Bell Peppers with no meat. Red Peppers, rice, tomato sauce, little Parmesan cheese. DD and DH have to work so they won't eat at home
Tuesday: DD wants homemade mac and cheese, I will have sweet potato hash
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken and zuchinni, fruit
Thursday: leftovers
Friday & Sat: Traveling out of town to visit family.

Is there something you need to avoid (other than obviously meat)? Do spicy foods or acidic foods or fatty foods also bother you? If I know, I can tailor some good and simple ideas for you:)...

PS - I totally get the health issues and feeling better a certain way. When I go out to restaurants now with my adult-developed food allergies, somehow, I can always count on feeling good if I order the expensive raw fish preparation...and the funky veg only prep (the fried brussel sprouts are a new "I always feel good" food) and if I don't get those types of items, 75% of the time, I feel crappy...whether that's cross-contamination or some other unfound issue, I'm not sure, but I do tailor my eating out to try to eat lots of sushi, poke bowls, and ahi tuna and brussels apps:)...

LilyWDW- I'm so sorry about your grandmother! It's totally understandable that your eating habits change when you're going through something tough. You have to do what's best for you at that time, and sometimes food like take-out or just not cooking can be good for your mental well being!

Me on the other hand, I have no excuse for picking up fast food Monday night except I got off at almost 7 pm and didn't want to cook. I knew this week was going to be long hours and hectic, so I planned quick meals, but I just caved. Here's the rest of the week I forgot to post...

Sun- bbq meatloaf and loaded baked potatoes for DH's Father's Day dinner, and DS2 even got home from work in time to eat with us!
Mon- take out
Tue- sausage and veggie skillet (I had some leftover grilled sausage from last week and a co-worker brought me some garden grown yellow squash, so I cooked that together with some leftover fire roasted tomatoes I had lurking in the fridge for DH and I)
Wed- grilled turkey tenderloin melts with cantaloupe (turkey leftover from last week's grilling)
Thu- Greek ravioli (basic store bought ravioli boiled and served with feta, olives, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, basil, and oregano)
Fri- tuna mixed with chopped veggies in wraps with chips

LilyWDW- I'm so sorry about your grandmother! It's totally understandable that your eating habits change when you're going through something tough. You have to do what's best for you at that time, and sometimes food like take-out or just not cooking can be good for your mental well being!

Me on the other hand, I have no excuse for picking up fast food Monday night except I got off at almost 7 pm and didn't want to cook. I knew this week was going to be long hours and hectic, so I planned quick meals, but I just caved. Here's the rest of the week I forgot to post...

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them.

And a week of long hours and work being hectic is an understandable reason as well! I am dealing with that at work as well on top of everything else, so I get it!

Hi! I am new, but we're working on eating at home more, too. This week we did the following:
Sunday: Chicken Alfredo
Monday: Shrimp Boil
Tuesday: Philly Cheesesteaks and Fries
Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
Thursday: Pot Roast and Veggies
Friday: Steak with Lobster Tails and Lobster Bisque
Saturday: Dinner out (Makeup for birthday dinner missed for DS)

Hi! I am new, but we're working on eating at home more, too. This week we did the following:
Sunday: Chicken Alfredo
Monday: Shrimp Boil
Tuesday: Philly Cheesesteaks and Fries
Wednesday: Breakfast for dinner
Thursday: Pot Roast and Veggies
Friday: Steak with Lobster Tails and Lobster Bisque
Saturday: Dinner out (Makeup for birthday dinner missed for DS)

Welcome! Can I come to your house for dinner tonight? Yum yum! I look forward to seeing some ideas from you!

So, I've been cooking this whole time, but I didn't post menus...oops...here's what we had...
Sun - Ritz Cracker and Fried Onion Baked Chicken Tenders, Mashed Potatoes, Homemade Coleslaw, Berries
Mon - Beef Tacos, Refried Beans with Cilantro, Onion, and Carmelized Onion, Clementines
Tues - Slow Roasted St Louis Style Ribs, Homemade Roasted Garlic Dill Potato Salad, Strawberries and Red Grapes
Wed - Jamaican Jerk Baked Chicken Breast (used a bottled sauce that was killer, and added olive oil, s&p), Bagged Poppy Seed Salad with Added Spinach, Strawberries and Red Grapes, Crescent Rolls
Thurs - Chili Cheese Dogs (I just ate mine with mustard and relish), Baked Curly Fries, Strawberries and Bananas
Fri - Spaghetti with Homemade Bolognese Sauce (with extra Veg), Last of Grapes
Sat - OUT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts