Eat at Mara's If Not Staying at AKL?

mrsdiznee

Mouseketeer
I did a search, but didn't find an answer.

I had read a long time ago that you couldn't get in to look around the AKL unless you had PS for one of the restaurants. Can you get in if you're going to eat at Mara's?

Also, what at the must sees when you are looking around the AKL?

Thanks for your help.

I think this was an issue when the AKL first opened, but not anymore.

In May of '02, I took the bus from AK, ate at The Mara, wandered around a bit and boarded a bus to DD. No problems.

Deb

I don't really think you need to have any sort of PS these days--but most likely you'll get a 3 hour pass to park.
I suppose just looking the main lobby over is a "must see". There is a an animal viewing area, but you won't confuse it with the Safari Ride over at the AK. Depending on what time of day it is, you may see lots of animals--or virtually none. We eat at Jiko's most every trip, usually at 6:00 PM. When we wander out to the animal observation area, all we've ever seen are some birds and a few very sleepy looking cattle. I once saw a Zebra way off in the distance--.

You can definitely visit AKL without any sort of PS....this was something they did when the resort opened, but stopped almost immediately.

There are 3 animal viewing areas (all with CM's available to ask answer questions), also, if you are there in the evening there is a story telling thing in rocking chairs around the fire which I've heard is quite nice (but never tried it myself).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter