• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Eating at the HRH

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
I just found out that the HRH has a starbucks!!! I will be in heaven. I love their coffee!!!! Anyway, what else does the HRH have in forms of eating?

Thanks in advance.

Spidey..

There is the Beach club bar - that has sandwiches, wings, burgers and salads.

There is the Sunset Grille - which has a full menu, & ice cream parlour stuff

There is the Velvet Lounge that has appetizers, light fare, &desserts

finally the Palm restaurant, steak, lobster, pastas etc...

Also a room service menu...

Hope it helps,

>>^..^<<

Spidey,
We ate the Pool bar - nachos - and it was quite good. Also, we were at the Sunset Grille for the character meal (the one where there were no characters:rolleyes: ), and my husband absolutely HATED it. The kids had standard stuff and they seemed to like it, and I had something with chicken and sundried tomatoes, that was tastey but a bit too salty. I think it is comparable with a Chili's or Ruby Tuesdays - if you have those where you are.

Thanks for the information. We are renting a cabana for our next trip so the Beach Club sounds like the perfect place to get a bite. When you have a cabana, they deliver food there for you don't they. I thought I read that somewhere.

Also, we want to do a character meal with our son on the next trip, but now I am wondering which one we should do? The one at the HRH doesn't get the best reviews. Any recommendations?

Thanks again!

Even if you don't rent a cabana the waitress's from the Beach Club work the poolside area too. As in most places, if you're a good tipper, you will get better (more frequent) service. When we stayed there in May, cabana # 10, there was a group in cabana #7 complaining about the lack of frequency of service. They asked us what our secret to the amount of service, they figured it was our location, but we told them to take care of the girls, they replied that they paid 100.00 for the cabana and got no discount on the food so the waitress's didn't deserve extra for doing their job. I tried to explain to him that to the waitress, the guy on the lounge chair taking care of her was a better customer then he was and so she would service him before you, he didn't want to hear it. On my next order I ordered an extra beer and brought it over to him to keep him cool while he waited for her to come back to his cabana. He sure showed her whose in charge.

Love reading that post. Some people just don't get it. Service people are all abou tips!!!! That is how they make their living. Sometimes my wife says I overtip but we never have bad service...for the most part.;)

This was probably the only real disappointment we had in our visit last May. It absolutely was the worst. The night we were there they would not let children order ala carte, they were required to get the (EXPENSIVE!) buffet. My son, probably typically, had a couple of chicken fingers, a couple of bites of mac and cheese. The characters consisted of Woody Woodpecker and Scooby Doo and each of them was in the restaurant for a very few minutes, and at our table barely long enough for a quick photo.

I would NEVER do this one again. I still have a bad taste in my mouth, because all of our meals were overpriced and mediocre at best. Calling it a character dinner is just ridiculous.

Thank you for sharing. If I do go to a character meal, it will definitely NOT be at the HRH.

Thanks again!

Hiya,
I stayed at the HR in 2001 not long after it opened. The breakfasts were really something with loud rock music - lots of sixties and early seventies as well as recent chart stuff. My kids (dd aged 7 and ds aged 5 - at the time) really loved the experience as well as the food. My son loved "Kelloggs Apple Jacks" - you can't get them at all in England - though we have tried and tried). All is quiet then as soon as you come out of the elevator - pow!!! the music's on - gradually you get used to it - but in the beginning it's like you are permanently at a concert!! We also ate at the Palm Restaurant - once! It was all very posh and nicely presented, but rather expensive and a bit over the top for kids.
My kids twice have enjoyed a character meal at the Garden Grille Restaurant ( think that's what it is called) at Epcot. Don't know if you have been there - it's a revolving restaurant that moves round very slowly showing different themes and the children get to shake hands and cuddle chip&dales, minnie, micky, goofy and they come round all the time and you can take photos etc. The food is great too - huge portions and plenty of everything!

Nearly every night we ended up at the Hard Rock Cafe - the fotl access was really good, food good and the kids generally loved it there.

I would really recommend the Hard Rock - wish I could go back but unfortunately really can't afford it this time. So am looking at the Radisson - posted a thread - just wanted to know if anyone's stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter