Eating on property menus and prices

glovergirls

Mouseketeer
Hi there,
We are Hawaii newbies as my hubby wants to do something different 🙄 (WDW) so I was able to snag a discounted room the last week of August and had a couple questions.

Are there any sites that have menus and prices posted for all the options at Aulani?

Second is there a way to pay for an airport lei greeting? I have two teen girls and whenever they think of Hawaii this is what they think of so I was trying to see if there was a way to make that happen. I read somewhere that Aulani wasn’t doing lei greeting so was trying to come up with a plan b. We are renting a car.

lastly if you do the lua can you see them roasting a whole pig, my daughter’s will freak out (in a very bad way) if they see that so just wanted to be sure.

thanks so much!! I feel like I know Disney so well and I’m used to knowing all the details and this is uncharted territory for us.

Hi there,
We are Hawaii newbies as my hubby wants to do something different 🙄 (WDW) so I was able to snag a discounted room the last week of August and had a couple questions.

Are there any sites that have menus and prices posted for all the options at Aulani?

Second is there a way to pay for an airport lei greeting? I have two teen girls and whenever they think of Hawaii this is what they think of so I was trying to see if there was a way to make that happen. I read somewhere that Aulani wasn’t doing lei greeting so was trying to come up with a plan b. We are renting a car.

lastly if you do the lua can you see them roasting a whole pig, my daughter’s will freak out (in a very bad way) if they see that so just wanted to be sure.

thanks so much!! I feel like I know Disney so well and I’m used to knowing all the details and this is uncharted territory for us.
The Aulani website has sample menus w/prices.

yes, there are companies that does lei greetings. just google it.

i believe traditionally the pig is cooked in the ground.

Since reopening, the Aulani luau brings your food to your table so no whole pig on display. Can't say for sure about other luaus now but in the past, most of the luaus did display the pig after it was cooked. Things also change quick and you never know when they will decide to go back to the way it was. If it is that big of an issue, then I suggest you skip the luau.

Since reopening, the Aulani luau brings your food to your table so no whole pig on display. Can't say for sure about other luaus now but in the past, most of the luaus did display the pig after it was cooked. Things also change quick and you never know when they will decide to go back to the way it was. If it is that big of an issue, then I suggest you skip the luau.

Thank you so much for the response! Precovid did Aulani display the pig? I will definitely have to keep an eye out as we get closer to “normal”.

FYI- there are also many good (cheaper) restaurants close to Aulani. MonkeyPod is across the street and is casual and delicious. Also a good breakfast place across the street.
A short walk down the beach is the Marriott Kolina which has a couple restaurants. We really like Longhis happy hour.

I haven’t been since covid, but Paradise Cove luau does a pre-meal hula show and then unearths the pig and carries it around the theater for all to see. So it would be easy to just not look as they come by, but hard to avoid hearing them say there’s a whole cooked pig there in front of you. KWIM? Hope that description helps you decide whether it would be ok or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter