Eating Out Advice

ForMyBoys

DIS Veteran
Hi all, We will be in Universal over Easter week. Since it is a busy time I'm planning to make a few dining reservations. We have been there before but we had a club room so only ate out a few times and never for breakfast. My boys want to eat at Mythos and Cowfish because they like those last time. I know I want to try Toothsome but other than that I have no idea.

We are staying at the Hard rock and will not have a car. We are a family of 5 with 3 boys age 15, 11 and 7. My kids are fairly adventurous eaters so I'm not too worried about type of food but was hoping for some good atmosphere. Any recommendations for sit down and fast food type places? Also any breakfast recommendations?

Oh, and can we buy the dinner and movie deal once there, or does it have to be in advance?

Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I buy the meal and movie deal and also buy the meal and mini golf deal

Usually buy mine at the attractions desk inside the rpr lobby

They can also be purchased at guest services in city walk

Some peeps buy them online in advance
I wait until I am at the hotel to buy mine

You do not have to use both coupons while you are there

I have one cinema pass from 6 years ago
I had guest service verify it is still valid

Hard Rock Cafe is a chain

The ambiance is what i like about the place
The Orlando hrc is the largest one of all locations

I’ll get booed but enjoy bubba gump for food and ambiance

Margaritaville I’m tired of their food but it is a loud lovey place
Buffet fans love the place

If you want a lunch and love hot dogs, you will find that hot dog eaterie also in city walk

Pull up city walk.com and check out the menu and prices for city walk

Some of the places have a reservation set up on that site

Hard Rock Cafe is a chain

The ambiance is what i like about the place
The Orlando hrc is the largest one of all locations

I’ll get booed but enjoy bubba gump for food and ambiance

Margaritaville I’m tired of their food but it is a loud lovey place
Buffet fans love the place

If you want a lunch and love hot dogs, you will find that hot dog eaterie also in city walk

Pull up city walk.com and check out the menu and prices for city walk

Some of the places have a reservation set up on that site

booooooooooooo :duck: :rotfl: :rotfl:

When I have had food with Schumi and her husband, obviously we don’t do Bubba Gump together

If she only knew how lush their drinks are.....

We are huge fans of the breakfast buffet at the Kitchen, but we love breakfast food in general, often have it for dinner at home. It is a bit pricey, roughly $20 per person (the 7 year old will be slightly less), but that includes ALL drinks. I can get savory (omelette, meats, biscuits and gravy) and sweet (pancakes, croissants, doughnuts, pastries) and healthy (fruit, yogurt parfait), coffee, juice, chocolate milk, etc. So, when we stay onsite, we always sleep in, indulge in a HUGE breakfast, then just get a few snacks while in the parks. Then, we eat dinner at CityWalk.

For dinner, we love VIVO best, but always visit Hard Rock Cafe, NBC Sports Grill, and Sal's at Portofino Bay. If my family is in a good mood, they let me indulge in Margaritaville. They "suffer" through some nachos and cheese curds while I eat a meal and listen to the music!

We stay a lot at Royal Pacific now, so I am biased, but I think Orchid Court in the lobby of Royal Pacific has the best sushi at Uni, if you want to search that out and take a boat ride over. Since we stay there, we stop in for a few sushi rolls coming or going to the park as a "snack."

I buy the meal and movie deal and also buy the meal and mini golf deal

Usually buy mine at the attractions desk inside the rpr lobby. They can also be purchased at guest services in city walk

Some peeps buy them online in advance
I wait until I am at the hotel to buy mine

You do not have to use both coupons while you are there

I have one cinema pass from 6 years ago
I had guest service verify it is still valid

Good to know! I won't buy it in advance then and will wait to see if we are in a movie or golfing mood.

We are huge fans of the breakfast buffet at the Kitchen, but we love breakfast food in general, often have it for dinner at home. It is a bit pricey, roughly $20 per person (the 7 year old will be slightly less), but that includes ALL drinks. I can get savory (omelette, meats, biscuits and gravy) and sweet (pancakes, croissants, doughnuts, pastries) and healthy (fruit, yogurt parfait), coffee, juice, chocolate milk, etc. So, when we stay onsite, we always sleep in, indulge in a HUGE breakfast, then just get a few snacks while in the parks. Then, we eat dinner at CityWalk.

For dinner, we love VIVO best, but always visit Hard Rock Cafe, NBC Sports Grill, and Sal's at Portofino Bay. If my family is in a good mood, they let me indulge in Margaritaville. They "suffer" through some nachos and cheese curds while I eat a meal and listen to the music!

We stay a lot at Royal Pacific now, so I am biased, but I think Orchid Court in the lobby of Royal Pacific has the best sushi at Uni, if you want to search that out and take a boat ride over. Since we stay there, we stop in for a few sushi rolls coming or going to the park as a "snack."
Thank you for the advice! 2 out of my 3 kids love sushi and my youngest can usually find something he likes at a sushi place so a trip over to Orchid Court may just be in order :)

Thank you for the breakfast buffet recommendation. Do we need reservations? I'm specifically concerned about Easter morning as I think we will want to do a big breakfast that day so the buffet would be a good candidate.

Vivo looks yummy! NBC Sports Grill looks fun. I think I will plan to eat there Thursday night so I can watch the Spurs game. We stayed at Portofino last time but never ate at Sal's if you can believe it. Thanks for the recommendations!!

I agree about breakfast at the Kitchen. One of my favorites! We also like NBC Sports Grill & Brew and Antojitos. Toothsome is worth the try due to the unique dishes and atmosphere, but not one of my favorites.

I agree about breakfast at the Kitchen. One of my favorites! We also like NBC Sports Grill & Brew and Antojitos. Toothsome is worth the try due to the unique dishes and atmosphere, but not one of my favorites.
Thanks! I have heard mixed reviews about Toothsome, but given my 14 year olds love of steampunk, see below, I don't think I can get out of that one ;)

Attachments

• IMG_8321 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_8321 - Copy.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter