Eating The World for Christmas and New Years 2019

Yorkshire County Fish Shop

We decided to sample in at Yorkshire County Fish Shop so ordered an order of Fish & Chips - two strips of fish served with chips.

img_3916.jpg

We all love the fish and chips here so we split these between all four of us. It was 2:36pm and we spent $12.24.

TOTAL = $658.21

Le Marche de Noel Holiday Kitchen

So we stopped at Le Marche de Noel Holiday Kitchen. We decided on getting the Bouchee a la Reine Traditionnelle - turkey and mushrooms in a veloute cream sauce served in a light puff pastry...

img_3926.jpg

...which the kids did not want to try and Cary picked around the mushrooms. I liked it all! It was a light cream not as heavy as it looks and everything blended well together.

Buche de Noel au Chocolat - "Christmas Log" - chocolate cake with dark chocolate Caramel Ganache.

img_3925.jpg

...and as opposed to the other option, we all loved this and if there wasn't as much other foods to eat, we probably would have gotten more! It was 3:09pm ad this cost us $11.74.

TOTAL = $669.95

L'Chaim! Holiday Kitchen

L'Chaim! Holiday Kitchen was between France and Morocco and we needed a cookie.

We got the Black & White Cookie.

img_3933.jpg

It looks fun but it was gross! None of us liked it. It had an artificial taste that stayed with you...and that was after only a quarter of a cookie...what if we had eaten a whole cookie?!?! Ya, we didn't finish it and we would NOT get this again!

We also got the Egg Cream - milk, chocolate syrup and seltzer.

img_3934.jpg

This, surprisingly, we all liked! It was different and I don't know that it would be something we'd drink all the time but we would order it again.

We also grabbed an order of the Smoked Latkes with sour cream

img_3935.jpg

Which everyone but Tyler loved! Skye wanted to get some more but I reminded her of all the other things around the World! And how cute is that sour cream Mickey???

We also had a Pastrami on Rye with housemade pickles and deli mustard.

img_3936.jpg

Cary and I loved this little sandwich and I wished there was someplace to get a regular sized sandwich of this! The rye was really good and seedless (I hate the seeds) and everything was in good proportions. So some of this place was really good, some was ok, and some was bad.

We took it all over to the outside section of Tangierine Cafe to eat. There was plenty of open seats and we were able to relax and take our time.
We were here at 3:40pm and we paid $14.75.

TOTAL = $684.70

Sapphire Holiday Kitchen

We grabbed some food at Sapphire Holiday Kitchen. First we had the Grilled Lamb Kefta Kebab and grapes with euro cucumber, red pepper, pickled pearl onions and harissa-cilantro dressing.

img_3950.jpg

We all really liked this! The red sauce was a bit spicy but the white sauce evened it out.

We also got the Confit of Chermoula Chicken Drum with CInnamon Granny Smith Apple, Toasted Almonds, Brussel Sprouts, and Pinot Noir Glaze.

img_3951.jpg

We all liked this too...some of us scraped the "stuff" off of it as much as possible but otherwise we all liked it!

Then we got the Sfenj - warm beignets, cream with cinnamon sugar and chocolate sauce.

img_3953.jpg

These were, well, beignets! What more is needed to be said??? They were really good.

It was 4:24pm and our total here was $23.00.

TOTAL = $707.70

Shi Wasa Holiday Kitchen

In Japan we soon ran into Shi Wasu Holiday Kitchen.

img_3954.jpg

img_3955.jpg

We ordered the New Years Celebration Soba - Buckwheat Soba Noodles in hot dashi soup woth Kakiage (vegetable tempura) and chopped green onion.

img_3957.jpg

This
was something totally different than anything we have had before. The tempura was odd in that is was sitting in the broth so it was not super crunchy. We found the soba noodles similar to regular noodles. THe broth was mild but had decent flavor. We all had some but I think Cary and I liked it best (of course) but the kids did like the noodles.

We also grabbed a Chirashi Sushi Tree - Sashimi grade Tuna, Salmon, Ikura, and Yellowtail with Vegeta
bles decorated on a bed of rice.

img_3956.jpg

This was really pretty! The kids wont eat sushi (although Skyler is intrigued and wants to like sushi but she has yet to try it!) so Cary and I had it all to ourselves...it was fresh and full of flavor. Cary is not usually a sashimi style sushi guy bit even he enjoyed it!

We were able to get a seat on a bench to eat. I was really surprised that they did not add more places to stop and eat for the festival. I know Disney is on a kick of removing seating but I really don't get it...make me happy and comfy and I'm bound to stay longer and spend more money!

Anyway it was 4:35pm and we spent $13.25 here.

TOTAL = $720.95

Mitsukoshi

Cary and Skyler like to get the prepackaged drinks in Japan and China so while at Mitsukoshi they got what is listed on the receipt as "Ramune SBerry Pet Hata" for $4.26.

img_3968.jpg

We can actually get this one around here so I'm not sure why they bought it but they liked it. It is too artificial tasting for me but they were good...and the top is fun
because it is like a marble that you have to pop onto the jar for it to be open to drink.

TOTAL = $725.21

American Holiday Table

We needed another cookie here so we stopped at the American Holiday Table...

img_3974.jpg

It was a Gingerbread Cookie. It was a bit chewy, which we prefer to hard and crumbly. It had a medium gingerbread flavor so it was not over overpoweringly ginger...which we prefer. We all had a bit and it was good...but we are not huge gingerbread people.

We also grabbed a Hand Carved Smoked Ham with Green Beans and Sweet Potato Casserole.

img_3976.jpg

And a Slow Roasted Turkey with Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and Cranberry Sauce.

img_3977.jpg

Ok, so, I had been looking forward to these...they looked so good in pictures...they look so good in my pictures...but they were bad. This is the only place we did not clean our plates. First off, they were cold. Not cool like they had been sitting a while waiting...COLD. The gravy on the ham was yucky. The ham on it's own was ok. The sweet potatoes would probably have been ok if they weren't so cold. The green beans were ok, but cold. The cranberry sauce helped the gravy a little but not much and the Turkey was really dry...like bad flashbacks of grandma's house when the turkey cooked ALL day dry. So while these all looked good, we left part of them in the garbage can.

We were able to find a picnic table to sit at but we had to clean it off...good thing we carry a pack of butt wipes with us. We had a couple of extremely friendly birds hanging around while we ate so I had to keep telling the other three that they could not feed them!

We were here at 5:20pm and we paid $14.25 here.

TOTAL = $739.46

Joffrey's Cart

While Skyler was getting the food from the American Holiday Kitchen, Cary and Tyler ran to the Joffrey's Cart nearby. He got a Hot Coffee with Baileys.

img_3978.jpg

This was a "to do" in something Tyler was going through...I forget exactly what it was but I think it was something in the Festival of the Holidays booklet. I thought it was really strong...but I am not generally a drinker. Cary drank it but could take it or leave it.

They also got a Big Pink Donut.

img_3980.jpg

And that was really soft and fresh tasting even at 5:33pm! We all enjoined it. They brought this all back to the picnic table in America to eat.

The cost here was $14.47 after a $3.40 annual pass discount).

TOTAL = $753.93

Tuscany Holiday Kitchen

The Holiday Kitchen booth was between Italy and Germany.

So we stopped at Tuscany Holiday Kitchen. We ordered a La Genovese - rustic flatbread, vidalia onions, white wine braised beef tenderloin tips and mozzarella.

img_4002.jpg

img_4003.jpg

And the Blanca Neve - Italian flatbread, mozzarella and Parmesan.

img_4004.jpg

We all loved our flatbreads...the kids, cheese...Cary and I loved the other one. They all seemed just served, not like they had been sitting, waiting to be ordered. The cheese was just good cheese pizza but the other one was different, at least different than what we would normally order. I mean, Cary and I are always up to try something new but we are always worried that if we do we will be sorry for it so we usually end up ordering the usual at places. These were an awesome way to try something new with out investing too much just in case we didn't like it...but we had nothing to worry about here because it was all good!

We were able to find a bench near the little train city between Italy and Germany to sit and eat on. It was 6:48pm and it cost $13.00.

TOTAL = $766.93

Bavaria Holiday Kitchen

And we had a cookie to eat here...so we stopped at the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen. We were starting to feel full and the kids cannot handle leaving without one more thing in particular so all we got here was the Linzer Cookie.

img_4014.jpg

img_4018.jpg

I think this was collectively our favorite cookie we have had so far. It was like flaky butter cookie with jelly in the middle and powdered sugar...really good!

We were here at 6:52pm and the total was $2.50.

TOTAL = $769.43

La Cantina de San Angel

So we headed into Mexico which is what the kids were waiting for. We headed to La Cantina de San Angel. We gave Cary and Tyler our orders and Skye and I went to find a table...sometimes in the evening the seating here is non-existent!

img_4039.jpg

img_4042.jpg

img_4043.jpg

They ordered and then waited a long time for it to be done...they were not sure why but it was about 10 minutes after ordering to get the food.

The kids ordered the Kid's Empanadas con Queso - served with Tortilla Chips, Nacho Cheese and choice of Lowfat Milk, Nestlé Nesquik® Chocolate Milk, Soda or Small DASANI® Bottled Water ... with a kids sprite and a coke...and they came with sliced apples.

img_4044.jpg

They absolutely love these...and it is really a lot of food for a kid's meal!

Cary and I got a Tacos de Barbacoa - Seasoned Beef, Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Refried Black Beans and Red Salsa.

img_4045.jpg

And Tyler got the same but PLAIN...

img_4046.jpg

These are really good...I'm not sure how Tyler eats everything so plain but he likes it that was so whatever. He does not eat beans and rarely this kind of rice so Cary and I had plenty with his beans and rice and three tacos between us. The beef is little spicy but not "hot" and the beans and rice are a good compliment.

We love the Cantina and we are there at least once per trip. It does get crowded over there so we always like to find a table before ordering. They have packaged sauces and red and green salsa available. I am sure we will continue to eat here every trip.

We were here at 7:26pm and our total was $47.93.

TOTAL = $817.36

Feast of the Three Kings

After eating, we had another cookie we needed to east. We stopped at Feast of the Three Kings Holiday Kitchen for a Chocolate Crinkle Cookie.

img_4047.jpg

Which was really good but very chocolate-y...it would have been great with some cold milk. We all liked it. It was 7:58pm and it was $2.50.

TOTAL = $819.86

COOKIE STROLL PRIZE

On the way we had to stop at one of the stands close to the bridge into Future World to get our prize forgetting all the cookies on the Cookie Stroll.

img_4051.jpg

A milk and a Santa Mickey Sugar Cookie...YUM...my favorite!

TOTAL = $819.86

Woody's Lunchbox

We decided to mobile order at Woody's Lunchbox at 9:06am. It was ready at 9:10am. We were able to find a seat but it was a little crowded but we did have to ask people if they were using the chairs that "looked" empty. I think it would have been a good idea for Disney to have tried to figure out better seating for this area. I think there are too many people who grab tables to sit and wait for people who are riding rides making seating for diners a bit difficult.

Cary and I decided to share the Breakfast Bowl - Hearty portion of Potato Barrels smothered in Smoked Brisket Country Gravy, Scrambled Eggs and a sprinkling of Green Onions minus the gravy.

img_4093.jpg

We really liked this. Without the gravy it was kind of plan but Cary does not do gravy so we did not get it...plus I am not crazy about gravy on eggs so it as all good. Ketchup is the only "gravy" that belongs on eggs to me!

Skyler ordered the Kid's S'more French Toast Sandwich - Sandwich Half with Marshmallow and Chocolate Ganache stuffed in Grilled Custard soaked Brioche encrusted with Graham Cracker Crumbs served with a Cuties® Mandarin and Potato Barrels with your choice of Beverage...but with two sides of potato barrels and a water.

img_4094.jpg

This
sandwich was real sweet so half of one was plenty! But it was good so she was pleased...sometimes something as unusual as this is better looking than tasting but not in this case. And who can be disappointed with potato barrels?

Tyler ordered the Smoked Turkey Breakfast Sandwich - Thick-sliced Smoked Turkey Breast, Melted Swiss Cheese, and Scrambled Eggs on Grilled Sourdough with no cheese. It came with potato barrels too!

img_4095.jpg

I was surprised he ordered this and then surprised he ate it. I figured he'd pull the turkey off...he eats turkey but not with eggs! LOL. But he said is was good and ate all of it except the bite he gave me. Without the cheese, to me, it was too dry but otherwise, it was a good combination on a sandwich.

All in all, we were all pleased with our first meal at Woody's! Our total was $31.50.

TOTAL = $851.36

Ronto Roasters

After the show we had to wait until everyone else was out before we were allowed to wheel out. We headed towards Galaxy's Edge again. We needed munchies so we mobile ordered at Ronto Roasters.

We got an Endorian Chicken Wrap - fresh pita bread with a scoop of marinated chicken, cucumber relish, and herb feta yogurt sauce.

img_4119.jpg

And a Ronto Wrap - Roasted Pork, Grilled Pork Sausage, Peppercorn Sauce, and Tangy Slaw wrapped in Pita Bread

img_4120.jpg

img_4121.jpg

The Ronto Wrap was a bit spicier than the Endorian Chicken Wrap. Cary liked the chicken better, I liked the pork better, the kids liked both but scraped all the "stuff" off of the parts they ate. Over all, this was just something to eat. Not bad at all but nothing really special, ya know? like if Docking Bay 7 was not right next door basically, it would probably be great but if we're in Galaxy's Edge again, we will be opting for Docking Bay not Ronto Roasters.

We were able to find seats pretty easily for it being 12:15pm and there seems to be something going on in Galaxy's Edge all the time. Our total was $27.15.

img_4122.jpg

img_4123.jpg

TOTAL = $878.51

The Milk Stand

We stopped at the Milk Stand and got
Blue Milk - Plant-based blend of Coconut and Rice Milk with alluring fruity characteristics and Green Milk - Plant-based blend of Coconut and Rice Milk with zippy citrus and tropical characteristics.

img_4128.jpg

These are refreshing yet odd. It is different flavors than you would normally not be expecting in a milk. Cary did not really like either. Tyler liked the blue one the best. Skye and I liked the green better. We were here at about 12:45pm and it cost $17.02.

TOTAL = $895.53

The Polite Pig

We decided to stop at The Polite Pig. Like I said before, we are not huge BBQ fans but we do like it and I had heard great things about the Pig. It also smelled good every time we were through there. It was the only time we had been by that there wsn't a huge line. So we went in. We decided to share a
Butcher Board (For 2) - Pork Shoulder, Smoked Chicken, Brisket and BBQ Cheddar Sausage with Slaw, House Pickles, two Cornbreads and a choice of two Market Sides. Add Ribs $6 or Smoked Turkey $5. We got the Mac & Cheese side and Waffle Fries.

img_4225.jpg

We also got a bottle of water and a soft drink (refillable fountain drinks). This was a great way to sample a lot of their offerings. We all picked off of this plate and had plenty to fill us up. The chicken and the sausage were favorites and the mac & cheese and cornbread were really good. We enjoyed our meal here and we might return. There are so many good eats in Disney Springs, I'm not sure when that will be but it was something we would do again. They were getting ready to close as we were finishing up our food so there were not many people in there so it was quiet but we did kind of feel like they were watching and waiting for us to leave. It was 9:44pm when we cashed out and it was $43.61 after the AP discount.

TOTAL = $939.14

Le Cellier

We had an ADR at 11:50am at Le Cellier.

img_4247(1).jpg

We were seated in the Saskatchewan section at 11:36am. They have really cool menus here...

img_4248.jpg

img_4249.jpg

I, somehow, do not have a receipt for this meal so I am going to be at the mercy of the info on-line now but I'll try to be accurate.

img_4251.jpg

Our waitress brought the bread and butter...one of the best parts of LeCellier as far as the kids are concerned.

img_4252.jpg

We asked for more pretzel bread and received it pretty quickly.

img_4253.jpg

Those are the best rolls! We ordered a few things. Skyler ordered the side of the Five Cheese Macaroni & Cheese - provolone, fontina, asiago, parmesan, Laura Chanel goat cheese.

img_4255.jpg

She really enjoyed this. She did remove the dollop on the top but otherwise she was good!

I ordered the Lobster Macaroni & Cheese - provolone, fontina, asiago, parmesan, Laura Chanel goat cheese with chunks of Lobsters. It is not on the menu at this time but I think it was basically the same as the plain mac & cheese but it was a more liquidy cheese. So not sure for sure it was the same other than the lobster. But it was really good with a lot of lobster.

img_4254.jpg

Tyler got the USDA Prime New York Strip Steak,Truffled Fingerling Potatoes, Chimichurri, Crispy Onions ... but he got fries instead of potatoes.

img_4256.jpg

He really enjoys this meal and prefers it to the other steaks here. He shared a bit with Skyler and me and it was really a very good medium rare steak. He got a lot of fries and the tomatoes were warm so I was the only one who would eat them. The chimichuri had good flavor but he would not use it. I did though, on my little bit of steak.

Cary ordered the Le Cellier Filet Mignon - AAA Canadian Tenderloin, Mushroom Risotto, Asparagus-Tomato Relish, Truffle-Butter Sauce... with mashed potatoes instead of risotto.

img_4257.jpg

He loved this. The filet was a perfect cook for him. He asked for medium well, it looked more medium to me but that works for me so all was good! He also gave a couple of bites to me and Skye. We all liked this one too! We are always amazed at how different the two steaks taste.

We had a great lunch here. We were there for just about an hour (leaving at pm) after paying a bill of $157.20 (with a 10% AP discount). We love Le Cellier. I do think they are on the expensive end but the food is always really good and service is too. The venue is beautiful and you cannot beat pretzel rolls. We will be back I am sure!

TOTAL = $1096.34

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!