• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ECV rental from AA Tourist Rentals

I don't know about them. I went to their web site and then tried to look them up in the telephone book (issued at the beginning of November 2003) and their number is not listed. The web site says they are in LBV, next to Disney. I called them at the number listed in the web site and asked where they were, the response was "a warehouse out in the country".

I have not seen any posts on the DIS Boards from anyone who has rented from them. That doesn't necessarily mean anything wrong, just means we have no feedback.
If you do end up renting from them, please let us know how it turned out.

our last trip, we stayed at the Swan where they offer to let you park the ECV in a room by the concierce if you would like to do so. there were 2 ECVs from this company there with mine (from Walker). I noticed them bc they had attached canopies, which I had not seen before. not that it's a lot of help, but at least I have seen their ECVs (albeit at rest).

in an excess of caution, I would ask what model ECVs they rent. I was stopped once by a woman whose batteries kept running out, and her scooter turned out to be a single battery kind. I also would ask what they do if you have a problem -- what if the ECV stops in a park, for example? not that what they say is a promise, but you can at least see how they sound.

good luck, and I hope you have a super trip!

:wave: Cupcake

Many thanks for your replies:D

I must admit I'm having reservations in the light of your comments. Wheelchair is for FIL, who accompanied us in Sept/Oct last year. We rented ECVs at the larger parks (Universal/Epcot) and rented push wheelchairs at the others. It was quite sore on the hands and arms pushing him around and I'm in no doubt that it would be far worse in the July heat. An ECV rental for the duration seems the obvious way forward.

Since we're not going till mid July, we have plenty of time to consider this.

Thanks again

::MickeyMo

You may want to let them know the quote you got...they may be willing to match it. They are very friendly and understanding when I have had to deal with them

Thanks Liz:)

I've now e-mailed Colonial and Walker for quotes and might well try your suggestion:sunny: At the end of the day I probably wouldn't mind paying a bit more for the sake of peace of mind....the price difference in relation to the cost of the holiday as a whole will be tiny and peace of mind is worth the few bucks.

Thanks again.

Alex

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter