Eess-ah-ee-ahss?

It's not an easy to pronounce name generally. Some Spanish, some German, some French, some English, fine. But the selections need to be reasonably universal in ease.

Ah, but the conventions that govern naming complicate things. There are only so many easily pronounceable (to English speakers, I guess) male names that start with I, several of them have already been retired (Ivan, Ike, Igor), and they cannot be repeated for 6 (or 8? I don't remember which) years.

I don't think ease really matters all that much when it comes to storm names anyway. Other than newscasters, who have to pronounce unusual and unfamiliar names in the course of the job fairly often, there's really not a ton of urgency for being able to refer to a storm by name (there usually isn't more than one that is relevant at any given time...) or to do so with unfailing accuracy (pretty sure if you said "Hurricane Isaias" but pronounced it like the plural of Isiah people would know what you meant).

:fish:Fish! Lol, that was the standard for our generation. Guess these kids needed their own.

When weird or long words come up, this oldy always pops into my head:
Floccinaucinihilipilification - (n) the act of measuring worthlessness
Oh, yeah? Well, Hippopotomonstrosesquiapedaliophobia! Antidisestablishmentarianism! Not to mention, pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis! :rotfl2:Oh, and let's not forget the ultimate long word, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! And its counterpart pun: Mahatma Gandhi was a peculiar person. He walked barefoot everywhere, to the point that his feet became quite thick and hard. He often went on hunger strikes, and even when he wasn't on a hunger strike, he did not eat much and became quite thin and frail. He also was a very spiritual person. Finally, because he didn't eat much and when he did his diet was peculiar, he developed very bad breath. He became known as a super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter