Egypt Meets Thread

acndis

DIS Veteran
I hope it's okay to post this...I know SayHello is getting ready to leave for Japan so I thought I would put it up so we can get planning!

I am on the 6/30-7/9 trip with my son, husband, and dad. Planning on doing one pre- and probably one post day in Cairo but for sure need tips on what to do. (We will definitely want a guided tour).

Would love to to hear from everyone else!

@acndis, thanks for starting this thread. It’s always nice to have one place to share info.

We will be on the September 22, 2020 trip. It will be me and my husband. We have one pre-night booked, not sure if we will add a post night.

We will definitely want some type of guided tour or activity for pre-day. From just scanning flights to Cairo from Chicago, it looks like most are over night arriving in afternoon or evening.

We are booked on the 7/14-7/23 trip! It will be myself, my husband, and our two sons who will be 18 & 19 at the time of the vacation. Really excited to have a spot on this trip! I look forward to chatting with you all!

Thanks for starting this. We are on the October 20 trip, just DW and I on this one. Italy last fall was our first trip without kids of some sort. We haven't yet decided for sure on pre-days yet; we are thinking of one day in Cairo on a food tour, and the other...not yet sure. I am still focusing on the two 1/2 days OYO on the Sinai Peninsula. It looks like we are kind of resort bound there, which may not be all bad, but to be that close to all that other history and not visit... I really hope to hear more ideas and suggestions from the crew here.

After hearing from everyone on the call in problems, I am still feeling kinda bad that I got right through and was the first up for my selected date - I'm sorry for those who were on hold! I did have all our stuff in order and arranged, so the call only took about 5-6 minutes...but four hours - whoa.

To those that didn't get a spot - look at the signups for Japan - it was a mad rush last year, and now there is plenty of room even after it's open to all.

I am also on the October 20th trip with my adult ds. I think if we do pre-days it will be somewhere other than Cairo; just not entirely sure that I would feel safe traveling alone with a guide there (may change my mind).

We are on the waitlist for May 19th, 2020 but there are four of us so I am not holding my breath. It looks like they added more Japan trips last year around June 11th, so I am hopeful the same will happen for Egypt. We have booked a back up plan with Scenic Cruises for September 2020 just in case.

My DD (18 at the time of the trip) and I are booked on the Dec. 22-31 trip. Our TA also booked a pre-night that we can decide to keep or not up to PIF date. It still isn't 100% that we will go on this trip, but I'm keeping our ressie to maintain flexibility. I probably won't know whether we are in for sure until DD decides where she is going to college/university. Her first choice is the U.K., but the holiday break schedules vary widely between Scotland and England. If she ends up in Scotland, the trip will start the day after her fall/winter term ends and would take up most of her holiday break, so I'm not sure we'd do that. If she ends up in England, her break will be longer, which makes the trip a lot more doable. The good news is that we should know more about that factor by this Fall. I love the looks of the itinerary, and seeing the Pyramids, Sphinx, etc. has been on my bucket list for a long long time. I still do have some safety concerns but will continue to monitor and rely on Disney to do the same. I take comfort knowing they cancelled the last round of Egypt trips when safety became an issue and am confident they would use the same caution this time around.

Just getting back on the Disney Dream...had phone off the whole time, was super excited to see we got reservations on the Oct 20th Egypt trip from our travel agent - woohoo!! Trip is a long way away, but the anticipation is always so much fun! Look forward to joining up with whoever else is on that ABD and learning from the rest of you as well about your plans! I know we want to get there a day early to do the old Egyptian museum on our own since they have all the cool mummies :)

We are on Jun 2-11, myself, my husband and daughter (will be 12). We really wanted christmas but are just happy we got in. We will do a pre day too and want some options.

We're on the April 21st DIS Egypt trip. So, I'm sure we'll be working out the kinks :)
I'm sure we'll do predays, but I'm not sure where. We may elect to spend a couple nights in Cyprus, Crete or somewhere else nearby.

That's awesome! I didn't check my email until later in the day after Kevin sent it, and I knew, at that point, there was no way I was getting in :-)

I hope that everyone who got a slot on any of these trips has an amazing time! It looks amazing.

The "bombing" hit the news this morning. I suspect today this sort of thing can happen anywhere to anyone.

We have a party of four confirmed for the February 2021, departure. We're very excited, and hope the Grand Egyptian Museum is fully open by then. The weather should be quite tolerable then, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!