Egypt Meets Thread

I have a tough time believing that they will proceed with the trip when the US State Department has a Level 4 "Do Not Travel" advisory still active (https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html). That said, I think them expecting people to PIF when that is active is ridiculous but a different problem. Obviously only an opinion, but I think it's unlikely Sept/Oct trips will proceed.

That said, we weren't comfortable playing chicken with PIF money and moved our Sept 15 reservation to a 2022 trip. Had we waited, we would have gotten a full refund. Personally I DO still want to go to Egypt just... not right now, so we're hoping we'll be in a position to actually travel by that time. It's a tough call to make as far as hoping for cancellation vs moving the reservation (if you can) vs pulling out early.

I agree! My problem is that we have business class flights booked through ABD, so I don't want to end up losing that money or getting a voucher. We'll see...

I agree! My problem is that we have business class flights booked through ABD, so I don't want to end up losing that money or getting a voucher. We'll see...

Honestly, we had the same thing - we were able to move that money over to use for airfare on the future trip once they started offering the increased flexibility with moving reservation dates. It's possible we'll still lose some if we go in 2022 and the tickets end up costing less than what we initially paid, but it was a risk we were comfortable with.

Well we decided not to play chicken and sadly moved our party of 6 from the October 20, 2020 trip to later in 2021. Hope whatever decision you all mame regarding your Egypt trip works in your favor.

the only good thing I can see with having to cancel October 20 is the new Egyptian Museum should be open.

I agree about going when the new museum is open in 2021, that will be amazing. I would have canceled already, but unfortunately I purchased business class flights and don't want to end up with a credit. Luckily I purchased through ABD, that's why I am waiting on them to cancel so that I can get a full refund.

Well we decided not to play chicken and sadly moved our party of 6 from the October 20, 2020 trip to later in 2021. Hope whatever decision you all mame regarding your Egypt trip works in your favor.

the only good thing I can see with having to cancel October 20 is the new Egyptian Museum should be open.
I'm sorry we won't have the opportunity to meet you (if the trip still goes). It is the PIF week...I hope you and your family stay safe.

I'm sorry we won't have the opportunity to meet you (if the trip still goes). It is the PIF week...I hope you and your family stay safe.
When is your final payment due? I am surprised that they haven't cancelled October trips yet. It seems clear that ABD won't be going anywhere outside of the US this year.

I mentioned that we moved our deposit for the October 20 Egypt (and paid an additional $450.00) to the March 15, 2022 NZ ABD.

When is your final payment due? I am surprised that they haven't cancelled October trips yet. It seems clear that ABD won't be going anywhere outside of the US this year.

I mentioned that we moved our deposit for the October 20 Egypt (and paid an additional $450.00) to the March 15, 2022 NZ ABD.

we still have China And Southeast Asia trips they haven’t cancelled. Finally gave up on the game of chicken and moved our deposits. So crazy to me.

we still have China And Southeast Asia trips they haven’t cancelled. Finally gave up on the game of chicken and moved our deposits. So crazy to me.
With the diplomatic issues going on these days, I wouldn't go anywhere near China for a while, COVID or no COVID!

ETA: Not going on the China trip, however, is a crying shame, because it is an *excellent* trip!!

Sayhello

Last edited:
Egypt canceled by Disney for our October 20 trip. We were really hoping to go. If we rescheduled with ABD for next year we would have to pay more, so we decided to book with Kensington tours in September 2021. Half the price, so we will save about 10,000 dollars. Will be missing the Disney touches, but the money will come in handy for souvenirs :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!