Egypt Meets Thread

That's great! Good decision. We decided to ride it out knowing that we fully expect this trip to be cancelled. We booked air, insurance and our pre-night through ABD so we can get a full refund. At this point, we are not sure when or what we will be booking in the future in lieu of this trip with our adult children.

I'm sad we may not get to meet you guys! We considered waiting for the cancellation too, but felt a little nervous playing "chicken" with the PIF amount lol. And we definitely still do want to go, just... maybe not this year. Keep us posted on whether you decide to book something else later!

I'm sad we may not get to meet you guys! We considered waiting for the cancellation too, but felt a little nervous playing "chicken" with the PIF amount lol. And we definitely still do want to go, just... maybe not this year. Keep us posted on whether you decide to book something else later!
We were looking forward to meeting you too! Who knows? Maybe we will join you in February 2022. The weather should be cooler than September, so that is probably a better time to go. I will definitely keep you posted!

We were looking forward to meeting you too! Who knows? Maybe we will join you in February 2022. The weather should be cooler than September, so that is probably a better time to go. I will definitely keep you posted!

That's definitely part of why we picked a winter trip! 🤣

FYI: Our Sept. 15th ABD was just cancelled. We are most likely going to take our refund and then rebook for May 2021. The kids don't want to wait until Feb 2022, but I will keep you posted.

Oh wow, they canceled sooner than I'd anticipated. I'm sorry it's not happening for you guys this year! I hope you get to rebook on whichever trip works best for you guys. :D

Oh wow, they canceled sooner than I'd anticipated. I'm sorry it's not happening for you guys this year! I hope you get to rebook on whichever trip works best for you guys. :D
The email says all departures through Sept. 15th are now cancelled, so we just slid in there. I don't see anything on the website yet, though.

The email says all departures through Sept. 15th are now cancelled, so we just slid in there. I don't see anything on the website yet, though.
Was this due to low numbers, or the COVID pandemic? I read last night that Egypt has received the "safe travels"stamp from World tourism Council and Egypt's minister of Tourism noting that they would be resuming inbound tourism effective July 1. They outlined some pretty impressive criteria, including all tourist hotels must have an isolation floor set aside for tourists that become sick, and you must prove you have valid health insurance to enter the country.

Hope you get to Egypt someday!

Was this due to low numbers, or the COVID pandemic? I read last night that Egypt has received the "safe travels"stamp from World tourism Council and Egypt's minister of Tourism noting that they would be resuming inbound tourism effective July 1. They outlined some pretty impressive criteria, including all tourist hotels must have an isolation floor set aside for tourists that become sick, and you must prove you have valid health insurance to enter the country.

Hope you get to Egypt someday!
The email does not say Egypt specifically or low numbers. It says ABD departures are suspended/cancelled through September 15th. Still nothing on the website, though.

We are approaching our PIF date on 7/20 for our October 20 departure. I see 4 trips to Egypt still listed as a go before us. Is anyone on these boards on one of those trips? Did you pay in full? How full is your group?

I really wanted to go on this trip but I see no realistic way of going or getting there since almost all air travel is through Europe and they won't let us in (and I don't blame them).

We are approaching our PIF date on 7/20 for our October 20 departure. I see 4 trips to Egypt still listed as a go before us. Is anyone on these boards on one of those trips? Did you pay in full? How full is your group?

I really wanted to go on this trip but I see no realistic way of going or getting there since almost all air travel is through Europe and they won't let us in (and I don't blame them).
It does not seem likely that this trip will go. I would pay in full and hope for the full refund with cancellation. I feel like they wait until after the 15th of the month to announce the next set of cancellations. It does suck to give them the cash and wait for the refund.

I just PIF for my October 6 trip. I don't feel it is safe to go, but didn't want to risk losing the money I paid for my flights. If it was just the deposit, I would have canceled weeks ago.
Thanks. I'm (finally) starting to feel the same way. Have you asked ABD - how many are still registered for your trip?

The ABD website has now dropped the price of your trip for anyone signing up last minute from $9799 to $8599.00, so it certainly sounds like they are still planning on running your trip and others in October - $1200 drop per person....so I guess dynamic pricing can work in reverse too.

I'm just not sure how we are supposed to get there...ABD air booked me through Air France/Delta with a long layover each way in Paris. But we are not allowed in Paris, or most of Europe. Anyone have any insight on this?

The ABD website has now dropped the price of your trip for anyone signing up last minute from $9799 to $8599.00, so it certainly sounds like they are still planning on running your trip and others in October - $1200 drop per person....so I guess dynamic pricing can work in reverse too.

I'm just not sure how we are supposed to get there...ABD air booked me through Air France/Delta with a long layover each way in Paris. But we are not allowed in Paris, or most of Europe. Anyone have any insight on this?

Another excellent reason to book air with ABD. If you run into a problem not being able to enter a country/region, they will be bound to help you rebook something.

Its important to remember. though, that when you layover in another country you haven't 'entered' that country... its considered a transit zone. You haven't entered until you go through passport control and get stamped. So in Paris, you'd be able to hang out at CDG but as an American you most likely would not be allowed to leave the airport and 'enter' France/EU.

Another excellent reason to book air with ABD. If you run into a problem not being able to enter a country/region, they will be bound to help you rebook something.

Its important to remember. though, that when you layover in another country you haven't 'entered' that country... its considered a transit zone. You haven't entered until you go through passport control and get stamped. So in Paris, you'd be able to hang out at CDG but as an American you most likely would not be allowed to leave the airport and 'enter' France/EU.
Our last trip to Italy had a very short layover in Germany. First leg US to Munich, second Munich to Rome. 90 minutes between flights. We were required to go through passport control, answer questions, fill out declarations and passports were stamped. So I don't know about not having "entered" Paris...

Our last trip to Italy had a very short layover in Germany. First leg US to Munich, second Munich to Rome. 90 minutes between flights. We were required to go through passport control, answer questions, fill out declarations and passports were stamped. So I don't know about not having "entered" Paris...

I think that was because you were entering the Schengen Area that both Italy and Germany are apart of. If you’re transiting on to Egypt I don’t think you need to go through passport control. That happened to us when we flew to Germany and onward to Turkey. I don’t remember going through Passport control in Germany.

Nonetheless I’m guessing France could still block transit passengers if they wanted.

There is pressure mounting to REFUSE Entry to Most USA people into Europe.

The next 2 weeks will be interesting

Yes, 15 total on October 6 trip. That was as of last week. I can't believe they are going to proceed with the trip, I definitely don't feel comfortable going, but I guess I will just have to wait it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts