Electronics on airplane

RAMWDWFAN

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Hey guys,

I'm leaving in three days and I can't remember if you have to turn your electronic devices on when going through security. I'll have a camcorder and a portable DVD player. I need to know if I have to charge them before leaving home. Thanks for your help!

I've never been asked to turn on my videocamera, but my son has been asked to turn on his laptop.

I'd make sure it's charged just in case.

My friends were asked to turn their camcorder on when they went through security once, but that was shortly after September 11th... Funny thing was they had just received it as a present and Mike was going to use the 3 hour plane trip to read the directions and learn how to work it... When security asked him to turn it on, he told them he was learning how to use it... the security guard told him "Well, I'm not allowed to turn it on for you, but I have one just like it and can tell you how".

He was never asked to start his laptop, so I guess it just may depend on the security guard...

I have a cellphone, will I have to turn that on?? And how will they know that it is an actual working phone (other than the screen), will I have to make a call for them or something?

Thanx

Jules

Hmm, I never even thought about my cellphone. I'll have mine with me but everything has changed since the last time I flew - that was before September 11th. I'm sure they won' t make you make a long distance phone call.

Anyone else have an answer???

I forgot...I had a cellphone in my carry-on too, and they did not make me turn it on at the airport. However, they DID make me turn it on when going through security to board the Disney ship (I didn't have to make a phone call).
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I've flown 4 times with my Portable DVD player and I've never had to turn on it on. I was asked what the battery was for, once.

AJ

If you ever go through the Toronto International in Canada as a layover, be prepared to go through at least 2 security checks where you must turn on every electrical device you have. I had a camera, a mini-disc player (like a small cd/mp3 player), and cell phone. I began to think that if I had an electric toothbrush they would have made me turn that on.
I went through 3 security checks there.
Never again going through that airport again unless I'm just flying into Toronto.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter