EMH

Tulip48

Earning My Ears
We are visiting Disneyland Paris for one day at the beginning of September. We are staying at Davy crocketts so have early entry with EMH. My boys are big star wars fans but I would like to ride BTM. Would we be better to head to star tours or BTM ready for rope drop at 10am? I was thinking maybe the boys could go to star tours and I could go and get fast passes for btm? But, I also desperately want us all to ride Ratatouille so I don't want to miss out on fast passes here as I also have a 1 year old to entertain!!! Oh decisions decisions!!!

BTM will always get the biggest queues, but September shouldn't be too busy. With a 1 year to look after I would probably do Star Tours first then get a FP for BTM.
Ratatouille is in the Studios park so you would need to go over there either to get Fastpasses or to ride it. I would try and make use of the app, it has up to date wait times and will let you know if an attraction is temporarily down.
Good luck!

I think it is rare for Star Tours to be open during EMH. It was when Hyperspace mountain was closed. Big Thunder Mountain definitely has longer queues than Star Tours. So logically you want to do BTM at Rope Drop and then do Star Tours after or get a Fastpass for BTM at opening and then go to Star Tours. With ratatouille I am afraid you'll have a fair wait unless you are there for opening. They place these rides far apart to ensure crowds are distributed!!

My experience was in late July (very busy). In September I would think wait times will be more manageable across the board and fastpasses will not run out as quickly, but BTM is the park's biggest draw with queues hitting 120 minutes at peak times.

When I was there in late May, I was extremely disappointed with the limited selection of attractions open during EMH. The only thing open in Tomorrowland was Buzz Lightyear. Star Tours was not open and Space Mountain did not open until official park open. All the EMH guests were just mobbing the entrance in the most ridiculous massive crowd. There were easily over 500 people in that tiny area in an absolute mob, not a line pushing and shoving their way though the turnstile point to get in once they opened the attraction a little after official park opening- really unpleasant. When you combine that with Frontierland and Adventureland closed during EMH, it seemed like it wasn't worth bothering to get up early.

That is a shame. Usually space mountain and orbitron are also open in discoveryland and Peter Pan, tea cups, dumbo and the carousel in fantasyland. There are character meets too. It was very good with young kids although without kids I would be a bit less keen. That said with fewer people you get a chance to take some great photos in front of the castle

That is a shame. Usually space mountain and orbitron are also open in discoveryland and Peter Pan, tea cups, dumbo and the carousel in fantasyland. There are character meets too. It was very good with young kids although without kids I would be a bit less keen. That said with fewer people you get a chance to take some great photos in front of the castle

I can see it being viable if you've got young kids for some of the stuff that's opening Fantasyland but as an adult, it was really disappointing. Based on my experience in May, I no longer think of EMH as a benefit I gain value from for staying onsite.

Star Tours was open by 9.30 this week; im not sure if it was open any earlier than that.

Even in the middle of the day the queue never exceeded 40 minutes whereas BTM had 90+ minutes so I'd definitely get FP for BTM if you can.

Star Tours was open by 9.30 this week; im not sure if it was open any earlier than that.

Even in the middle of the day the queue never exceeded 40 minutes whereas BTM had 90+ minutes so I'd definitely get FP for BTM if you can.

Can i take fast pass ticket during EMH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!