Enchanted Tales of Belle for a 7 yr old boy?

hllb

DIS Veteran
I had read a review a while back that this was actually done really well. But, would it interest a 7 yr old boy? Or should I skip it if we don't have a princess lover? I was considering using a FP for it if we did it.

Also wondering about FP recommendations for MK. We have a 7 yr old, 13 yr old, and 14 yr old. We will be in MK for 2 days. I was planning on Space mountain, 7DMT, and Big Thunder Mountain (splash will be closed). And figured we could walk on Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz Lightyear. We'll walk on PP if it's not short, but if we skip that, I'm fine with it. Thoughts? Do I do the same FPs for both days? Right now, I'm thinking yes. We'll be there at the end of January and it's predicted to be low crowd levels.

When my son was about 8 we did it. I also have a daughter younger then him so he didn't have much of a choice. However he did like it. He got to be the Beast and dance with Belle. He was in heaven and I got some really good pictures. If you have time I say go for it.

I had read a review a while back that this was actually done really well. But, would it interest a 7 yr old boy? Or should I skip it if we don't have a princess lover? I was considering using a FP for it if we did it.

Also wondering about FP recommendations for MK. We have a 7 yr old, 13 yr old, and 14 yr old. We will be in MK for 2 days. I was planning on Space mountain, 7DMT, and Big Thunder Mountain (splash will be closed). And figured we could walk on Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Buzz Lightyear. We'll walk on PP if it's not short, but if we skip that, I'm fine with it. Thoughts? Do I do the same FPs for both days? Right now, I'm thinking yes. We'll be there at the end of January and it's predicted to be low crowd levels.

The attraction is very immersive and he will most likely get a part to play in it! I highly recommend it. & it mixes the day up a little instead of going on ride after ride.

For FP don't do 7DMT both days. Do the FP once because it's a new attraction and there's always a long wait ...but it's not worth another FP in my opinion. It's a very short ride. I would do the 2nd day FP for haunted mansion.

Enchanted Tales with Belle is pretty cute. Last trip my DD was 3 and DS was 5. Both enjoyed it, but DD3 wanted to do it a 2nd time and DS was happy to do something else. He's 7 now and will enjoy it, but it wouldn't be a high priority. My DS does like the PP ride, though, so he'd pick a FP to that over Enchanted Tales.

As far as other FPs... We chose different FP for different days at MK with plans to RD the non-FP rides. We have 3 arrival day FP for MK, 3 for our main full day at MK, and 3 pre-MNSHHP FP. It's kind of a nice guarantee that we'll hit everything we want to, plus our absolute favorites at least twice, no matter how RD ends up or if our plan gets off, etc.

I think it sounds good. I have never gone at that time of year but I have heard it is really low crowds except by MLK day.

For FP don't do 7DMT both days. Do the FP once because it's a new attraction and there's always a long wait ...but it's not worth another FP in my opinion. It's a very short ride.
Agreed. We have 1 FP for it out of 3 MK days. It's just not a very good ride, but the wait is so long it's worth getting a FP to do it once.

Agreed. We have 1 FP for it out of 3 MK days. It's just not a very good ride, but the wait is so long it's worth getting a FP to do it once.

Yes, I've debated that one too. I've ridden it before, and agree it's not a fantastic ride. But, our 7 yr old tried his first roller coasters this summer and at first loved them, but then we hit one that had a bigger drop and he didn't like that. So I think this ride will be much more his speed. Though I could probably just do that one at RD. We have a PPO BOG breakfast reservation the second day we're going. What would you suggest instead?

I think it sounds good. I have never gone at that time of year but I have heard it is really low crowds except by MLK day.

Yeah, I'm not so fond of crowds so I always pick slow times. We've gone twice before. Once the first week of May (very low crowds but over 100 degrees most days) and once the last week of September into the first week of October (low crowds, but rained every day). The low crowd times are getting harder and harder to find! The park ratings for our trip this time range from 2 to 4 on the days we've selected the parks. I also have one day where we'll have park tickets but no plans (the last day of our trip and thinking it might be the day we get FoP FPs).

Great fun for the adults too. I was a knight back in July. DS7 was the beast. The photos of all of us are PRICELESS!!!

There is a photopass photographer that takes pics of pretty much the whole thing, that alone is well worth it.

When my son was 7, he complained and complained and complained about having to see Enchanted Tales. We dragged him along, anyway. His response was, "That wasn't too bad." And he's been going every trip since then. ;)

It's a great attraction no matter what age. It truly feels "magical" and is like a special extended meet and greet in my opinion.

They should have more attractions like this for an alternative to "meeting" characters like that on such an intimate level.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the Lumiere candlestick character on the fireplace mantle.

SPECTACULAR (and amazingly lifelike) AudioAnimatronic!!
He, alone, is worth the trip to the show!

My boys are kind of so-so on Belle. They think it's cute, but definitely not on their "to do" list. They go because DD10 likes it, but even she isn't enamored with it. I agree it's worth doing for variety, if nothing else.

As for FP+ recommendations, MK is fairly easy to get. I don't put any stock into crowd calendars, so can't comment there. But generally speaking, you can get a FP+ for pretty much any ride in MK with short notice, even 7DMT...though that one can be hard. Jungle Cruise can get a pretty long line for standby, as can Buzz, HM and Pirates (though often times Pirates is <15 minutes, so if it spikes high, just wait). Why stand in those lines when you can get them as a FP+? You can get them as a 4th, 5th, 6th, etc... So maybe get 7DMT, BTMRR and PP one day, then the next get JC, Buzz and Space. Then on each of the days, get whatever else you want as additional FP+

My 7 and 4 year old boys enjoyed Enchanted Tales with Belle last year:) SDMT is their favorite ride. We get a FP for it any day we are in MK. They would go one it several times over most attractions if they could. I love it too! Yes, it's short but very enjoyable.

I'm a male, way older than 7 and I was disappointed last year when our DGDs didn't want to see it. I'll keep working on them though.;)

Our DS6 would say "yes" !!
20157348_10209601452740033_3743507349400832546_o.jpg

My DS was 7 when we went last time. He got to be the beast and loved every minutes of it. I thought he'd want to skip it on this trip (he's 9 now) and has informed me that he really wants to go again. So I say give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!