encouragement needed ...

normmo

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! I've planned a trip to Disney this September with my best friend who has never been. We've been best friends for 23 years and never gone away on holiday together so we decided to take the plunge and go with no husbands and no babies. I'm a stay at home mom and I'm really isolated where we live, often going days without seeing anyone or speaking to anyone besides my husband when he gets home late. Anyway, I've really been enjoying having something to look forward to and doing all the planning for the trip, reading guidebooks and of course reading the DIS boards! Here's the thing, alot of other people have mentioned how shocked they are that I'm going away without my thirteen month old baby. I'm leaving him with his father and my mother so he's in great hands plus I'm only gone for five days. Now, I'm starting to feel guilt! Silly I know but I need some encouragement and support. I'm not crazy for wanting to go away and have some fun am I? I love being a stay at home mom but don't I deserve a break too? Thanks for letting me vent!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Mo

Mo,

Don't feel guilty at all!!! I am also a stay at home mom and know exactly how isolated you can feel!! Thank goodness for computers!! There is nothing wrong with "getting away" for a short vacation with your friend. It will make you feel renewed! I have never understood why people give mothers a hard time about taking a vacation away from the family but never bat an eye if the father goes away.

Go have your vacation! Enjoy every minute of it!! Your family will be fine for a week without you!!

Vicky

Your baby will be fine :)

Your Mom will take great care and probably enjoy it too!

Enjoy yourself, have a great vacation - sounds like you really deserve to have a wonderful time away with your best friend.

I bet after a few days away you will start missing your baby!

Have a great time

>>^..^<<

Don't feel guilty my wife and I left our first daughter home with my mom at 3 months old when we went to Disney in 96.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just needed to hear that I wasn't crazy for doing this. I'm also mad that I let what a few people said get to me. I'm hoping I don't miss my little guy too much when I'm gone and I know I'll be phoning home alot but it's only one week out of his whole life. Besides, I'll bring him back lots of great souvenirs and check out all the stuff for little ones when we go as a family in 2004 (or 2005).
Thanks again!!
Mo:D

I forgot to add ... how great is my DH for staying home with our DS and letting me go off to Disney without him! Plus he's been helping me with the planning and keeps asking if there's anything else I need for the trip. Hmmm, maybe he's trying to get rid of me for awhile! LOL

I don't think you should feel guilty ... It's really nice that your mom and husband can take care of your baby to give you some time off. I think you should go and have a great time :) Don't worry about what anyone else says ... think of how relaxed you'll be when you come back.

Smile, AND HAVE FUN! and don't even feel guilty if you don't feel guilty...does that make sense?:confused:
I left my two little guys when they were 6mos old with DH,SIL and BIL for four days (trying to stop nursing...had to leave the country!!LOL) They had fun, Ihad fun, and I came home a happier, remembered who I was - not justMommy - relaxed, and rejuvenated. DH, SIL and BIL, on the other hand, went out for drinks!!LOL
ENJOY!:Pinkbounc

Go, have fun and don't spend a minute feeling guilty. I've realized over the years that you do need time away in order to be a better person/parent and you shouldn't feel guilty for it.

I think also that you have a great DH and Mom that will allow you to do it.

Sounds like fun for everyone. you get some needed vacation time and dad gets to spend some great time with the baby. Have fun.

There are always people who want to make you feel guilty. Perhaps they are jealous that you have a family who want you to have some relaxation to recharge your energy. Have a great time.

You guys are the best! Thanks again for all the encouragement - I'm once more excited and raring to do Disney.
Thanks so much!
Mo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter