End of January - crowds without Celebration of Harry Potter?

magpomom

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We are planning our first trip to universal for a long weekend at the end of January. I noticed that that was generally the time that the Celebration of Harry Potter had taken place, but with that now no longer happening, what do you think crowds will be like at that point?

I had been looking at a family suite at CB to give our family of 5 some extra space. I know that these rooms do not come with the express pass. Given the time of year and that we’re a bunch of early risers used to the... let’s call it, demanding schedule of of a Disney vacation :P , can we get by without them?

Anybody can get by without express pass, it just makes it so nice when you have it.

There is no way to really predict what crowds will be. I should say accurately, because I am sure the crowd prediction people will give it a shot.

We arrived on the last day of the Potter Celebration this past January and didn't think it was bad in terms of crowds. It was pretty quiet the next few days after that, but we didn't notice a huge drop-off in crowds from the weekend. If anything, the Potter areas likely had more visitors but I don't think the impact trickled down to the rest of the parks' attractions.

Being that its a generally slower time of year, you could always sock some money away and purchase EPs day-of if you're finding crowds higher than you like while there. I don't think they'd sell out that time of year.

Do you know wher I could find information on these? We are big HP fans, so I’d love be to find out what might be in the works.
I just came in here to see if there was any info because any of the Celebration of Harry Potter info on the Universal site has disappeared. I have been checking periodically to see who the talent was to be this year and I noticed that they were taking their sweet time announcing them. Usually it's around August. Now when you type anything in the search bar, absolutely nothing comes up. It looks like they've cancelled it???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!