ENDLESS SUMMER RESORT.

I have stayed at Dockside not Surfside, but in May all buses that I took at various times only went to the bus stop at the parking garage and back, never stopped at Surfside.

Looking forward to stying here this coming week and picked up loads of tips so thanks everyone. As we will also be visiting Disney etc, can anyone recommend teh best way to get form Dockside to the Disney parks? I know of the bus (302 or somehting like that?) but overall will take say 2 hours with walking to/from bus stops. Anyone recommend anythign else or should we reply on Uber/Lyft - thi si shte one year we're not driving as wife doesnt like me driving in US

Looking forward to stying here this coming week and picked up loads of tips so thanks everyone. As we will also be visiting Disney etc, can anyone recommend teh best way to get form Dockside to the Disney parks? I know of the bus (302 or somehting like that?) but overall will take say 2 hours with walking to/from bus stops. Anyone recommend anythign else or should we reply on Uber/Lyft - thi si shte one year we're not driving as wife doesnt like me driving in US
We always Uber/lyft to Disney from UO property. Typically the vehicle arrives within 5 minutes. I open both apps and usually pick whichever one happens to be cheaper at the time.

Oh lordy don`t take the bus, it`s not worth it for what really is a short-ish journey!!

Definitely take an Uber/Lyft, it`s so easy and not expensive to get around with them. But, I do hope you have a wonderful stay at Endless Summer, please come back and let us know how your trip went, especially if you`re used to a car and don`t have one this trip.

Staying at Surfside for a couple nights in October. I usually stay at one of the resorts with boat transportation so this will all be new to me...

How early do the buses start running in the morning?

Also, has anyone ever walked to Walgreen's across the street or is crossing International Drive a gamble :crazy2: :laughing:. I just want to get a few snacks and waters.

I’m going in a couple of weeks and there appears to be a gate you can walk through (key required) and it looks like an intersection with a traffic light at the corner

Can anyone advise if the Standard 2 Queen Rooms have a coffee maker? (I understand the 2 Bedroom Suites have a coffee maker, but I am unsure if the standard rooms have one).

My review of a recent 7 day stay at Surfside .
Feb 26th -March 4th
I honestly did try to come up with positives for this stay at Surfside.

Good
Starbucks staff were top notch and very helpful.
First floor washroom behind Starbucks was super clean and well stocked.
Dockside one evening for dinner was great.

Bad & Ugly
Room had no bath tub (asked for room change and it was granted however we overlooked a parking garage).
So much for the pool view.

Not much of a pool vibe here.
Felt the pool bar ,chairs, and umbrellas were dated.
Only 2 towers stocked with towels at the pool,, the rest were blocked.

Front desk giving out information cards for emergency health care which were dated and upon arrival atthe health care clinic we found it was closed. (Waste of time and money for uber). Not fun when you are feeling really sick.

Beachside cafe,,, low on staff and one worker has a very rude attitude.
Reusable cup and all we asked for was a bit of milk for tea.
Answer from worker was Nope "We don't have none".
Asked if they could open a small bottle of milk from the display case and told *That is for paying guests*
Well hello I bought a reusable cup.
A few of us ended up going to Starbucks for milk, which they kindly gave us.
Baked goods like Cinnamon bun, muffins and bagels tasted awful ,,like week old supply.
Way overcharge for a few pieces of fruit and yogurt bowl.

Laundry facilities were beyond useable,,, the air was so bad ,,smelled like a damp mold cave.
Black mold on all three washers and lint traps in front and back of dryers full to the brim.
Folding table was filthy.

Bathroom sink kept plugging and my son had to use a toothbrush the clear sink ,,,, it was so full of hair and black gunk.
Went to Walgreens and picked up a new toothbrush.
Note ****** Walgreens across from Surfside and Dockside does NOT have a Pharmacy.*******

Front desk over charged for a 3-4 hour late check out instead of 1hr, and then charged the amount 3x, Still waiting for 2 charges to be credited to my visa.

Survey was filled out and I did receive a Hotel consultant call.
We will not be staying here again.

Still headed to Universal next year.

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Note ****** Walgreens across from Surfside and Dockside does NOT have a Pharmacy.*******
Good to know - was going to ask you about that.

Front desk over charged for a 3-4 hour late check out instead of 1hr,
Can I ask what the charge per hour is? Last time I stayed (Dockside) I just booked an extra night for $93 AP rate, but would be good to know.

I had a great stay at Dockside for the price - so you may want to try that next time - its usually a bit less than Surfside and there are a lot more rooms so they may be able to do more to accommodate the request for a tub and pool view.
I am always annoyed when I get a tub, but I am not traveling with kids.

I found it to be very clean, especially considering the price - all the staff was really good as well.

Pier 8 was very good, and very busy. The main bar was also hopping although I never got a chance to try it.
One of the downsides of Dockside is its so big. If you end out far out in a wing (even with a pool view you can be far out in a wing) its a very long journey back to the lobby.

I did not get to try the pool bar, but I imagine its similar to Surfside, but cant really say.

I have considered Surfside because its smaller, but that may be a reason to avoid it as well.
Things you mentioned were some of my concerns with it - so thanks.

Good to know - was going to ask you about that.

Can I ask what the charge per hour is? Last time I stayed (Dockside) I just booked an extra night for $93 AP rate, but would be good to know.

I had a great stay at Dockside for the price - so you may want to try that next time - its usually a bit less than Surfside and there are a lot more rooms so they may be able to do more to accommodate the request for a tub and pool view.
I am always annoyed when I get a tub, but I am not traveling with kids.

I found it to be very clean, especially considering the price - all the staff was really good as well.

Pier 8 was very good, and very busy. The main bar was also hopping although I never got a chance to try it.
One of the downsides of Dockside is its so big. If you end out far out in a wing (even with a pool view you can be far out in a wing) its a very long journey back to the lobby.

I did not get to try the pool bar, but I imagine its similar to Surfside, but cant really say.

I have considered Surfside because its smaller, but that may be a reason to avoid it as well.
Things you mentioned were some of my concerns with it - so thanks.
My last two stays were at Dockside and other than a few noisy cheer groups it was good. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

My stay at Royal Pacific Resort was awesome. I have stayed here 3 times in the past 7 years.

My Cabana Bay Resort stay a few years ago was great.

I believe I was quoted $35.00 USD for a 1 hour extension.
I am still waiting on a updated Bill.

I also needed an extra night at Dockside last year because of a late evening flight,,,
I just booked an extra night. It worked out well.

Last edited:
My review of a recent 7 day stay at Surfside .
Feb 26th -March 4th
I honestly did try to come up with positives for this stay at Surfside.

Good
Starbucks staff were top notch and very helpful.
First floor washroom behind Starbucks was super clean and well stocked.
Dockside one evening for dinner was great.

Bad & Ugly
Room had no bath tub (asked for room change and it was granted however we overlooked a parking garage).
So much for the pool view.

Not much of a pool vibe here.
Felt the pool bar ,chairs, and umbrellas were dated.
Only 2 towers stocked with towels at the pool,, the rest were blocked.

Front desk giving out information cards for emergency health care which were dated and upon arrival atthe health care clinic we found it was closed. (Waste of time and money for uber). Not fun when you are feeling really sick.

Beachside cafe,,, low on staff and one worker has a very rude attitude.
Reusable cup and all we asked for was a bit of milk for tea.
Answer from worker was Nope "We don't have none".
Asked if they could open a small bottle of milk from the display case and told *That is for paying guests*
Well hello I bought a reusable cup.
A few of us ended up going to Starbucks for milk, which they kindly gave us.
Baked goods like Cinnamon bun, muffins and bagels tasted awful ,,like week old supply.
Way overcharge for a few pieces of fruit and yogurt bowl.

Laundry facilities were beyond useable,,, the air was so bad ,,smelled like a damp mold cave.
Black mold on all three washers and lint traps in front and back of dryers full to the brim.
Folding table was filthy.

Bathroom sink kept plugging and my son had to use a toothbrush the clear sink ,,,, it was so full of hair and black gunk.
Went to Walgreens and picked up a new toothbrush.

Front desk over charged for a 3-4 hour late check out instead of 1hr, and then charged the amount 3x, Still waiting for 2 charges to be credited to my visa.

Survey was filled out and I did receive a Hotel consultant call.
We will not be staying here again.

Still headed to Universal next year.

Hugs Mel

Mel, thanks so much for the review, always appreciated.

But, sorry you had such a poor time with so many issues over your trip. So many things shouldn`t have been that way and never any excuses for downright rudeness. And sorry you had a wasted Uber ride, never fun when someone is poorly.

I`m sure your next trip will be so much better, and again, sorry you had so many poor experiences.

Sorry to hear you had many issues at Surfside, what a bummer.
TripAdvisor has so many good reviews of this hotel.
Hooray for having your charges corrected! :)

Question about Dockside...

Staying in a 2 room suite soon and was wondering about the size of the fridge in the room. I remember reading somewhere that it was larger then the typical dorm room fridge, but I was wondering approximately how big it was. Also, does it have a freezer section?

Any help would be appreciated.

Question about Dockside...

Staying in a 2 room suite soon and was wondering about the size of the fridge in the room. I remember reading somewhere that it was larger then the typical dorm room fridge, but I was wondering approximately how big it was. Also, does it have a freezer section?

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is a photo:

kitchenette-in-the-room.jpg

It does not have a freezer section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter