enough is enough

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
Ok ,disney. Please stop it. I can't afford a cpa to go with me on my vacation. Stop being so greedy and squeezing every penny out of us. Its not the money. Its the complicated and stressful process to do anything now. I say enough is enough. Anyone else stressed about trying to figure out genie in time to get spot in ror?

What WDW should do is sell different level park tickets.
Donald Ticket - $88 - 36 points
Goofy Ticket - $111 - 50 points
Minnie Ticket - $150 - 72 points
Mickey Ticket - $200 - 100 points

Every attraction costs a certain amount of points. Example:
15 7DMT
12 Space Mtn
12 Splash Mtn
12 Peter Pan
12 Jungle Cruise
10 Small World
10 Haunted Mansion
10 Pirates
10 Astro Orbiter
10 Pooh
6 People Mover
6 Mermaid
6 Dumbo
6 Carousel
6 Aladdin
6 Country Bears

Pay according to how hard we hit the parks, and there is an ambiance base charge. That’s it. Fair level playing field for all. And if you don’t eat, shop or ride for more than 60 minutes straight, your MagicBand shocks you.

ROFL. GO HAVE FUN.

In all seriousness, Pats Dragon, don’t overthink it. You can get on RotR by rope dropping—that’s what I did last time. The line looks long but it moves quickly. You don’t have to pay extra.
Yes, we rope dropped yesterday and walked straight on. Sign said stand by was 25 minutes but that’s almost as long as it takes you to walk through the cue. I will say the beginning to the ride was down so they walked us passed the transport and into enemy territory. Disappointing.

i am so fed up with all the changes you book a trip and make plans and then disney pulls the rug out from under you we are done with disney trips for a while after out next visit we already rented out all of next years dvc points we will make a decision about selling after the last renter finishes their stay

What WDW should do is sell different level park tickets.
Donald Ticket - $88 - 36 points
Goofy Ticket - $111 - 50 points
Minnie Ticket - $150 - 72 points
Mickey Ticket - $200 - 100 points

Every attraction costs a certain amount of points. Example:
15 7DMT
12 Space Mtn
12 Splash Mtn
12 Peter Pan
12 Jungle Cruise
10 Small World
10 Haunted Mansion
10 Pirates
10 Astro Orbiter
10 Pooh
6 People Mover
6 Mermaid
6 Dumbo
6 Carousel
6 Aladdin
6 Country Bears

Pay according to how hard we hit the parks, and there is an ambiance base charge. That’s it. Fair level playing field for all. And if you don’t eat, shop or ride for more than 60 minutes straight, your MagicBand shocks you.
This reminds me of a paper ticket system we had at Disneyland as kids.
And yes, your relatives would smack you if you didn't eat, ride, or move your behind.

This is just the beginning.
Things have changed forever. Some for the good ,some bad.

100's will never adapt and not come back
100,000 will accept the new way and will take their place.
you say that as if the people who choose not to come back would even care if they are not coming back why would they even think about those 1000000 people it wont even be on their radar

.... and yet we have 8 trips (~44 days) planned for the next 2+ years. We've adapted and have found ways to offset some of the costs while still enjoying our magical place. Our biggest expense now is the keeping the AP renewed. Finally used up all of our DVC AP Vouchers from 2010.

Every attraction costs a certain amount of points
Sounds like the old legacy E-Ticket Book from WDW park opening in the 70s. That's what my parents dealt with when they took us as little kids for a day. Too complicated to last. Irony that WDW didn't learn from their own history and launched complicated Genie+. Gone full circle and in circles.

The only way out of this hamster wheel is to build another gate. That won't be happening any time soon. At the rate things are going, not only will Universal have their new park up and running, they might just announce their own 'Universal Villains' park. That would be clever. And very popular. And would serve WDW right for sitting on their hands for decades.

Too complicated to last.
Easy for those with charging privileges already in their MBs/MDE. Extra points are just $2 ::MickeyMo
The only way out of this hamster wheel is to build another gate.
I’d love another gate but doubt they’ll go that direction before first building the existing 4 parks each into 1.5 to 2 day destinations. When average visitors cannot fully complete each park within a day, they add hoppers or more trip days, or have an enticement for a return trip. A 5th gate would dilute resources, and CapEx would have lower returns than current investments building out existing parks. At least for now and imho.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter