Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on another Disney "news" website that there are rumors of a hotel being built in front of Spaceship Earth. o_O
Has anyone else heard this? Seemed really odd to me unless they are doing a complete overhaul of the park entrance.

I saw on another Disney "news" website that there are rumors of a hotel being built in front of Spaceship Earth. o_O
Has anyone else heard this? Seemed really odd to me unless they are doing a complete overhaul of the park entrance.
Yes and yes both are very good possibilities.

A hotel on the monorail loop at EPCOT has been long overdue... if it's in the parking lot, that's gonna be crazy. Waking up in a "theme park view" room would be insane. That means a new fireworks show with cannons closer to SSE, that would definitely be something other than Illuminations.

A hotel on the monorail loop at EPCOT has been long overdue... if it's in the parking lot, that's gonna be crazy. Waking up in a "theme park view" room would be insane. That means a new fireworks show with cannons closer to SSE, that would definitely be something other than Illuminations.
I don’t think that means the show would move closer the the hotel. The lagoon the the main location to produce a show in Epcot. The hotel would still have views of that. Disney would be dumb not too.

The latest thing I read about the new EPCOT hotel is that there are 3 possible locations - 1) right where the monorail station is 2) just to the west of the monorail station 3) just to the east of the station, all locations just outside of the park. This resort fascinates me because it is the first true monorail resort since Grand Floridian in 1988. These are special resorts and it should be awesome. I also read that half of the resort (or possibly more) would be DVC. That's good from where I sit

The latest thing I read about the new EPCOT hotel is that there are 3 possible locations - 1) right where the monorail station is 2) just to the west of the monorail station 3) just to the east of the station, all locations just outside of the park. This resort fascinates me because it is the first true monorail resort since Grand Floridian in 1988. These are special resorts and it should be awesome. I also read that half of the resort (or possibly more) would be DVC. That's good from where I sit
The three locations are

1. Front entrance
2. Where the bus stops are
3. Just outside the Seas/Land pavilion

I discussed the possibility on the disunplugged podcast this week. This would be a smaller resort.

The Epcot developments look incredible!! As a long-time fan and admirer of Epcot, it is nice to see that the park is finally receiving some serious attention which is long overdue..

Do you foresee International Gateway closing as the gondola system is being built? We usually stay at Boardwalk Inn and are concerned about our stay in May 2018. :rolleyes:

When is the actual work taking place? The article states that work is being done during the daytime so that it doesn't affect visitors. I guess that doing the work during daylight hours would not affect visitors at the resort so much but would affect visiting inside of Epcot much more so for them doing the work at night would be better.
Doing work at night would be heard at the Epcot resorts which would upset guests staying there.

Isn’t that the second time they saw one of vekoma’s prototypes and claimed it as guardians? Because of that I’m waiting for someone else to chime in with the same story, even though this does sound more like Disney then the flying concept they shared that was so heavily rumored
This is expected to be the ride vehicle or at least very close to it.

This is expected to be the ride vehicle or at least very close to it.
Seems very similar to the vehicles used on Cobras Curse in Busch Gardens Tampa. I was hoping for the flying coaster and hoped to see a tame version of one but oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!