Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing here that is any different than what is already well-reported on this thread and various blogs, but some quick pics from around Epcot this weekend FWIW....

View of GoG from the monorail just before it arrives at the Epcot station. I was at WDW a few months ago when it was a big steel behemoth and was honestly a bit worried at the size/scale of this thing - it’s just SO visible from all sorts of places all over the park. But I must say, with most of the walls up it does blend in a heck of a lot better than I thought it would. The blue really ‘minimizes’ the scale, if that makes sense.
View attachment 370379

A little closer to the station and zoomed in - that one piece of track visible. I pointed it out to DW and she was like “So?”..... :-)
View attachment 370380

My bigger ‘fear’ if you want to call it that was how big the structure would look from World Showcase, but even that’s starting to look pretty normal now too. Pretty well hidden by Norway here, but the blue walls you can see blend in well.
View attachment 370381

A dusk view. The blue compliments changing sky colors pretty darn well.
View attachment 370385

It’s pretty much the same color blue building as one of the Soarin’ theaters that you can see to the left just over England.
View attachment 370386

Thanks for posting these.

I am now down from 1% concern of the look inside EPCOT, to 0%.

I agree - I think it will be one of those things where if you want to focus on it and be bothered by it you will ... but if you don't worry about it it won't be that bad (or bad at all really)
Unfortunately there are a section of people who will do just that. Nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. Personally I really like it, would I have preferred theming? Oh yeah! Would it have been extremely distracting across the park? Definitely so I can understand why they didn’t go that route

Hi guys. I was thinking: we are obviously a park where people bring water and fill up bottles. Anyway we've seen what happens to our ToT when a drop of water or a speck of dirt gets on the floor with the magnetic sensors, it stops the entire ride. My concern is with the efficiency of the Ratatouille ride and whether it will have magnetic floors that are not as sensitive as the Tower. Otherwise I can see this ride getting stuck or breaking down all the time.

Hi guys. I was thinking: we are obviously a park where people bring water and fill up bottles. Anyway we've seen what happens to our ToT when a drop of water or a speck of dirt gets on the floor with the magnetic sensors, it stops the entire ride. My concern is with the efficiency of the Ratatouille ride and whether it will have magnetic floors that are not as sensitive as the Tower. Otherwise I can see this ride getting stuck or breaking down all the time.

Well, it’s not a new ride, it’s been running for years in Paris so I assume they don’t feel it will be an issue

Well, it’s not a new ride, it’s been running for years in Paris so I assume they don’t feel it will be an issue
I was just interested because I wonder what the difference is between the tech used in Tower of Terror and Ratatouille and other trackless rides.

I was just interested because I wonder what the difference is between the tech used in Tower of Terror and Ratatouille and other trackless rides.
They are completely different ride systems. Ratatouille uses and LPS system. Tower of Terror isn’t completely trackless and uses guides and such. WDW currently doesn’t have a truly trackless ride.

They are completely different ride systems. Ratatouille uses and LPS system. Tower of Terror isn’t completely trackless and uses guides and such. WDW currently doesn’t have a truly trackless ride.
I’m just asking just to double check, great movie ride and universe of energy had the same guide wire technology correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter