Epcot Construction Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really curious to get more information about Guardians and how long the ride will be. They said that the ride will be the longest enclosed roller coaster in the world. The current record holder is Temple of the Night Hawk in Germany, which is 3,851 ft long and the ride is 4 minutes in duration. https://rcdb.com/980.htm

I'm guessing it will have a mixture of slower story sections in the Universe of Energy building and a more thrilling experience with inversions in then new enclosure? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Have there been any rumors on the kind of track, cars or the launch system that they'll be using?

I'm really curious to get more information about Guardians and how long the ride will be. They said that the ride will be the longest enclosed roller coaster in the world. The current record holder is Temple of the Night Hawk in Germany, which is 3,851 ft long and the ride is 4 minutes in duration. https://rcdb.com/980.htm

I'm guessing it will have a mixture of slower story sections in the Universe of Energy building and a more thrilling experience with inversions in then new enclosure? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Have there been any rumors on the kind of track, cars or the launch system that they'll be using?
They said one of the longest not necessarily the longest.

Are they really building walking bridges across the lagoon??? That would be awesome!

So I was just comparing ratatouille’s steel structure to pictures of Disneyland paris’ When it was just as big. If I were to take that into consideration I’d say there’s still 18 months of wok left. Thing is (in my opinion) Florida’s is rising tremendously faster than Paris’ was. I’d never thought I’d ever call Florida’s construction as faster than something else.
This is my source: http://www.themeparx.com/disneyland-paris-expansion/?page=8
Again my opinion but thought that was interesting

IMG_2123-L.jpg

I'm curious, when did they start charging the "odd" prices at Disney, ie, $3.28, $3.29, $3.99, etc. I thought they always had more or less even numbered pricing so they didn't have to make all the change.

IMG_2123-L.jpg

I'm curious, when did they start charging the "odd" prices at Disney, ie, $3.28, $3.29, $3.99, etc. I thought they always had more or less even numbered pricing so they didn't have to make all the change.

That cart is probably run by Mitsukoshi which is run my an outside company, so may not always follow the same standard as Disney.

I believe it will be pre-show and then the load/unload in the UoE building and then there will be a "launch tunnel" connecting to the new show building. I do think there will be a mix of fast and slow parts within the new show building so you can see set pieces and story elements, etc.

Wow things are really coming along truly and exciting time to be a Disney fan! The 80s vibe of Epcot is gonna be killed off it seems :(

Wow things are really coming along truly and exciting time to be a Disney fan! The 80s vibe of Epcot is gonna be killed off it seems :(
With the whole 80s nostalgia thing . they probably could have left Epcot alone and just called it "retro" for a while. The problem is they "fixed" too many attractions at Epcot and it has been a hodge podge of new and old since the late 90s.

I'm surprised this is moving faster than Tron seems to be. I guess there's more tech and theming involved in Guardians.

Is it the same company doing both rides?
Vekoma is the track designer I believe but the doesn't mean they are the contractor building it. Guardians is also supposed to open before Tron.

Wow there is a lot of construction going on in Epcot... We missed going to WDW this year to go to DL :). What is the Update on these project areas?

So at my work they have a magazine totoed: “centennial travel ultimate guide to the Disney parks.” Decided to pick it up and skim through and it said ratatouille should be open by spring 2020. I know I shouldn’t really take a magazines’ words but following my post earlier about comparing progress between Paris’ construction and Florida’s it seems about right and nice to see a word on it. Granted in my opinion Florida’s seems to be moving faster but that’s not the point of this post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!